Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The IC Chat. Come One, Come All!

Sam Wilson (played anonymously)

Sam watched the embarrassed car leave, as well as watched the much shinier and haughtier seeming car arrive, and couldn't help but wonder if the two were related. Upon noticing the pirate woman appreciate the new car, the drifter shook her head and took another sip of her cider, clicking the chamber of her shotgun closed in a sharp, clear snap of movement. Taking a moment to gaze around the room, Sam pulled her knife from her boot and started taking a stone to it, honing the edge with the sort of familiarity that made it seem as if the actions were something that the woman performed on a daily basis, the rasping hiss of metal on stone almost like a slow, hypnotic bell

Sam's work on her knife was done before she truly realized it, and it was only when her glass of cider was empty did she stop and slip the knife back into her boot. With a short but longing gaze, she pushed the glass away, her mouth twitching as she contemplated ordering another, wondering if she has enough to pay, or even if they'd take her currency
Jack Aldo Vindici (played by Witness)

A man dressed in an expensive suit from the 1930s sauntered into the room with a confident sneer on his face; behind him stood a very tall blue man dressed in a black tailcoat, white breeches, and polished black hessian boots. The man in the suit made a beeline for the bar, leaving his companion to linger by the entrance with a cautious expression. At the bar, the sneering man let out a piercing whistle for the bartender.

"Listen mac, bring me the best bottle of vermouth you got in this dive. I don't want a glass, just leave it here. Don't bother with my friend over there, he don't drink much."

After the bottle had been brought, the man in the suit threw himself into a nearby chair and took a long swig from the bottle. He then motioned for his friend to join him and looked around his surroundings before letting his eyes settle on the woman with the empty glass.

"Tish tish, what a dish; get a load of the gams on her!" He quipped.

Sam's brief moment of wary contentment vanished at the loudmouth's behavior. Anger twisted her face, the left side always slower than the right, as a sneer came to her lips, her right hand settling with clear intent upon the butt of the pistol holstered at her waist. "Say it in clear English, creep. You got a problem? Maybe I'll solve it for you."
Relyn Varsyn (played by Witness)

Relyn was everything which Jack was not; he took his time entering the room, taking in his surroundings with a careful eye (although with the unique nature of his eyes, one could never be quite sure what he was looking at) and making sure he didn't break anything or disturb anyone. For a blue man standing at seven feet and six inches, he was making a concerted effort to be inconspicuous; however, there is only so much that a careful gait and cautious observation can do when one has the body type and height of a Terisian.

Still, Relyn did avoid drawing as much attention to himself as Jack did, probably because he kept quiet (as he was wont to do). He stood by Jack's table and waited for the man to finish another swig of vermouth before inquiring about their presence here.

"Jack, what are we doing in this place?"

Vindici whispered something into Relyn's elfin ear; Relyn looked at Jack with a confused look.

"I do not understand. You took us here because you wanted free drinks?"

Vindici said nothing, but gave Relyn a mischievous grin (as he was wont to do) and took another drink from the bottle.
Ainsel (played by Sarel)

The entity enters the bar. It wouldn't expect to be noticed it would simply observe the antics of the flesh born creatures within. It floats close to the ceiling to not bother the creatures below. It didn't expect to be hailed by, or even see, one of the ephemeral creatures that served there. Its reflex was quick and simple, it grew to a larger shadow an unmistakable darkness within the establishment and lunges at the being to take control of it. It had experience with possession of flesh and it usually took a while to find its way through the body to the different points to control it but the being it now took over was close to itself and in many ways simpler, it only took an instant.

The thing stood there for a moment it had an envelope but what to do with it? There was a drink in the being's hand, or what served as one and it decided to bring it to a scarred woman. Of course the being would protest as Ainsel would have it serve the woman saying that the drink wasn't for her but still moving without hesitation to serve.
The Captain watched the newcomers enter, taking another long drag on her smoke. Her eyes glinted and her fingers twitched as she silently watched the interaction between the newcomer and the scarred woman.

Jack turned away from Relyn and snickered. His personal record for the shortest time between entering a bar and entering a bar fight was 1 minute and 13 seconds (he had counted). He could break that record right now, along with several other things in the room, but Relyn was with him. Already Jack was thinking of the possible situations: he keeps up the shtick, a bar fight breaks out, and Relyn, in a moment of fear, rearranges someone's face to be an interesting stain on the floor; that means no more free liquor. Not nice. So, in a rare moment of humility, Jack decided to wave off the woman's comment.

"Forget it, sister. I've already seen enough people chilled off today, I'm not in the mood to add to that number."

He pushed the bottle aside and lit up a cigarette, his demeanor nonchalant.

Sam's face further contorted, or at least the right side did, though this time with more confusion and less anger. "I said plain English, fancy pants. And what, you have to ask your uncle for permission first?" Growing alarmed, the drifter sucked in a bit of the cigarette smoke that had barely even begun to fill the room and gave a small cough, further robbing her words of what fire they might have had. When the server brought her another drink, however, she looked at it strangely and took a small sip, cautious after having almost drank gasoline not half an hour earlier

Now Jack was starting to lose his cool, although his outward appearance was still relaxed. He turned to Relyn with a serious look in his eyes.

"I'm this close to blipping off this dame if she don't close her head," he intoned, holding his fingers a half-inch apart for emphasis.

"Jack," Relyn hastily whispered, "you cannot do that to a lady! If you are truly upset with that human, I will inquire of her as to the reason behind this dispute."

Jack's anger rose a bit more; now Relyn was trying to fight his battles for him. Still, it was taking a lot of self-control just to avoid pulling out his gun. Maybe the alien had a point.

"Do whatever, kid, but fade for right now; I'm expecting someone, and I don't want him thinking that you're my bodyguard."

He turned back to the woman, his face clear of the indignation it had shown just moments before.

"Okay, then. I'm gonna get another drink and my friend here is gonna make everything jake-fine; he's gonna make everything fine."
Ainsel (played by Sarel)

Ainsel was curious what would happen between the bickering parties but the being it was within seemed more nervous. Ainsel was having a bit of trouble keeping the things fear from contorting itself into a useless form. It decided to distract it from them, towards the other woman sitting on her own but at the bar.

Ainsel forces the question "drink?" from the being it was within, which shuddered with confusion, the woman had a full bottle and surely wouldn't have finished it already.
"I mean, I.. I'm so confused." Her feminine voice, as alien as it was, was apparently troubled. It was being forced to stay there when it would have chosen to excuse itself and get back to work.

Sam seemed to taste nothing she disliked with the drink, though she still wasn't sure what was in it, and she settled back down, if slowly. Taking her hand from her pistol, she looked at the blue man for a second, and in a magnanimous moment, or what passed for one with her, gestured towards the empty seat at her small table. "Don't sit in front of me. And don't talk to me..." Realizing how nasty she sounded, and what happened the last time she was nasty to people in an unfamiliar place, she shook her head and took a quick gulp from her still unknown drink. "Just... Just don't sit RIGHT in front of me... Please." The suited man's behavior bothered her some, as if the tingle in her spine was telling her that she might somehow get drug into it. Or at least she hoped it was that, rather than the drink. The slight and scarred woman didn't react well to alcohol in the slightest.
The Captain looked at the barmaid that approached her, then to her bottle, then back to the woman. "No thanks... I'm good for now." Her eyes narrowed, as the girl didn't look quite... right. "Everything ok there?
"

He could tell that Jack was unhappy, and considering that Jack was Relyn's only link to humankind, Relyn was determined not to risk being abandoned in a place with people he was totally unfamiliar with. He cautiously approached the woman, but her words calmed him down. She seemed to be more upset than angry; regardless, her argument wasn't with him. He smiled gently at her gesture to the chair, mostly out of amusement.

"I am afraid that I cannot sit down; I would break the chair. My size, you see.... In any case, I must apologize for my friend. He is...how do you say it...rough in the sides? I am sorry, I am still unfamiliar with human idioms. Do you mind terribly if I stand here?"

Sam looked at the gigantic blue man, his red eyes slightly unnerving her, despite his humble and gentle demeanor. "No offense, big'un, but you're kinda the loomin' sort, and I'd much appreciate it if you'd sit down. Besides, the chairs held that car-woman not too long ago..." The drifter found her mind a little fogged, and even though she was sure that it was the drink, she still found herself thirsty, taking another swallow and really hoping that she would neither get drunk nor get into a situation.
Ainsel (played by Sarel)

An Irish coffee had been served to Sam, whiskey and coffee topped with cream and powdered chocolate.
The voice that echoed out from the being was frightened first but cut short she tried to say how odd she felt how she shouldn't be standing here but couldn't move but all she got out was a frightened, "I'm.." it wasn't all that was heard from her, Ainsel finished her sentence for her in a flat tone, "fine."
A shudder would pass through the ephemeral being, one that Ainsel could control before it was gone. The color in the being changed from a calmer blue to a worried green as it grew more unsettled at the situation. Ainsel brought it to a stool next to the woman to look as it were sitting. "Ainsel," it tells her through the being which says for herself, "help."

Relyn felt the chair to the side of the woman and cautiously took a seat. Surprisingly, it held him with no difficulty; perhaps this place had been designed to accommodate beings of his size. He looked back at Jack's table, but the man had already moved to another part of the room. Perhaps he didn't need to act as the diplomat between these two after all. With the possible dispute disarmed for the moment, Relyn's inquisitive nature got the better of him.

"If you do not mind my asking, madam, are you a human? I am still new to meeting humans, and I know very little about them."
The pirate captain leans away from the girl, looking around to the other people in the establishment. A look of confusion passed over her face as she wished silently for the company of her own personal jungle demon, for something here was definitely not right. "Umm... ok. Your name is Ainsel?"

Sam had been staring at her drink, and though she was getting a little desperately thirsty, was a touch afraid of finishing it off. Turning her head to the big man, she studied him for a moment, then gulped down the last of her current drink and raised her cup to a nearby serving girl. "Cider, cold cider, and only cider, please." The 'please' was stressed slightly, and Sam took a breath before nodding to the big man. "Human, yes. Mostly, yes. There was a rumor that there was a Naga on my grandmother's side, but I'm human..." There was a brief pause, and the drifter glanced upward towards the blue man's face, and there might have even been an attempt at a smile. "I'm Sam..."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The IC Chat. Come One, Come All!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus