Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The IC Chat. Come One, Come All!

The Man in Gold (played by Witness)

He placed his hand back where it had been before. He drank half of his liquor in the first gulp, then replaced the glass on the table. It was funny, he was never this slow to get drunk when he was alone. Perhaps he could almost be said to be...enjoying this. He dismissed the thought and responded to the woman.

"Order whatever; with what I placed on the bill, they still me seven hundred dollars and change. What you said about your hand just now, are you a reanimate?"

He'd worked with reanimates before; or, to be accurate, he had had reanimates work for him. They never approached danger with the same caution that a mortal did, and that made them useful as cannon fodder while other people were doing things that required a distraction. He swished the drink a little, and then finished it off. He would wait for a bit before ordering another.
Glarise (played by Flight)

“No, not exactly…” She murmured as she lifted her head and raised her hand. She focused on his drink as she waved her finger at it. For a moment nothing seemed to happen… Then a pool of water began to form at the bottom of his glass on the table. Glarise was just taking all the access water on the outside of the glass off it, as well as out of the alcohol itself, making the drink more savory and well, intoxicating. She pulled it toward herself and swished it around on the table before moving it over to the man’s glass again and wrapping the water around it, and freezing it over the glass; not over the handle though, now his drink would taste as if it just came out of the fridge or cooler, and probably twice as good.

“Heh... No, I’m not a reanimate…” Placing her hand back onto the table she reached for her drinking for the server has just set it down; chugging it down to refuel herself she smiled and looked up at the man. “Now then, what to call you… I feel like I’m naming a dog.” She mumbled, not meaning to be rude when she said it.

He looked on in vague interest as the spell took effect. He had learned some frost magic back in...his seventh millennium? It was hard to remember everything, but he was fairly certain it was his sixth or seventh millennium; in any case, it was more focused on freezing someone and then exploding them as opposed to fixing up great cocktails. He sipped at what was left of the drink and coughed, too much alcohol.

"My race wasn't built to handle strong drinks; I was ordering them watered down," he grunted.

He realized that there was no possible way for the woman to know that and sighed.

"I'm...sorry," he mumbled, "you didn't know. It doesn't matter anyway, since I came here to get drunk. So you're what, an ice elemental? A witch? I've met a few of both, and I have to say, witches are much easier to talk to."

He realized that he was probably making a fool out of himself and mumbled another apology. He rarely said one in a century; two in the same night was unheard of. Another drink was set down without his prompting, although he had wanted to wait before getting another, it was nice to see that the wait staff had caught on eventually. He put the drink aside and rubbed his good eye, the liquor was starting to make him a little woozy.

“If anyone should be sorry it’s me, I should have placed your drink back to the way it was before.” She sat back relaxed in her chair as she looked at him with calm eyes. “And I’m neither of the two races you just spoke, I’m…” Blinking she took thought of hat she was…

“I’m one of a kind.” She came up with as she rubbed the back of her neck in thought. “Let’s just say I’ve been around some of the same eras you’ve probably seen.” Smiling softly she closed her eyes as she relaxed a bit.

“I wonder if there is a place to sleep around here, haven’t had a decent rest in a few days.” She spoke, not to him in particular, but rather out loud. She was ready for another chocolate milk, but she didn’t feel right using the man’s money, even though he said it was okay.

The Man in Gold removed the coinpurse again and dropped it on the table; he fished out a gold coin and then tossed it onto the table near Rose. After that, he replaced the coinpurse and took a sip of his drink. He grunted, which could have meant any number of things had he not spoken up right after that.

"Much better. There's an inn attached to this tavern, but you'll have to pay. They won't let you the change due on the bar tab to cover the room, so use this instead; it's probably enough to buy 50 or so nights here, meals included."

Another sip, longer this time. He had stopped chugging his drinks and appeared to be savoring them now.

"You'll have to excuse me, Rose, but I don't much feel like talking about the past yet. I'm still too sober to discuss that, but I suppose it's only a matter of time at this point until I'm drunk enough to talk about the past."
Meanwhile, outside the door of the bar/tavern/restaurant, a young man with black hair and a blue cloak was messing around with some wire and a few bushes. He finally straightened after a moment, nodded in satisfaction at the cleverly hidden snare, and then waltzed up to the bar.

He found an empty stool near some others who had gathered and then ordered his usual. "Barkeep? Can I get a mug of ale please?"
Hybrid Elder (played by Kyra45)

Elder snored louder, the desk under his face covered in his drool. He was long out in sleep, too out of it to respond to much.

Looking down at the coin she smiled some, grabbing it and standing up, looking around at the rest of the guests; so far none seemed as interesting as the old man.

“Thank you sir, I owe you one.” She walked over to him and placed a kiss to his forehead, as a thank you. The touch of her lips and her breath as she pulled away were cold as ice as she then turned to leave him to his drinks.

Walking over to the counter top, she paid for a room, got her room key, and made her way to the stairs, walking up them and then down the hall to her room for the night; room number seventeen. Opening the door and proceeding into the room, locking the door behind her, Glarise would walk over to the bed and lay down, resting her eyes for a while.

He let the woman kiss him on the forehead and watched her with a surprised look as she exited the room. It had been a very, very long time since he'd been kissed, and indeed had his memory of what it had been like to be kissed been a little more recent, he probably would have tried to prevent the action. However, he was alone again and he wasn't drunk; no sense going the rest of the evening half-cocked, so he decided to talk to someone, anyone, who was in the room. His eyes settled on the new arrival at the bar.

The Man in Gold grabbed his fourth drink of the night and rose from his seat with a deliberate, painful action. Soon he had hobbled his way over to the bar and placed his drink down next to the cloaked man; after testing the barstool to make sure it would hold his weight, the Man in Gold took a seat and drained what was left of his drink. The bartender brought him another one like clockwork. They were learning, that was good to know. He turned his head completely towards the other man, due to the stranger sitting on the side of him with the bad eye, and cast a look at the man.

"I'm half-drunk and not a fan of conversation, but for whatever reason I've been chatting with a woman for a while now. I'm going to finish getting drunk, and possibly talk to you; that is, if you don't irritate me. Then I might do something...drastic," he grunted.
Arien took a sip of his ale when the bartender placed it before him, and then turned with a grin to the man who was speaking next to him.

"What kind of drastic are we talking about?" he asked, curious. If he swiveled just enough to keep the door in view as well as keep an eye on the man he was talking to, well, he'd just say he liked waiting for the unexpected. "And why do you need to get drunk?"
Cranky Doortrap (played by Kyra45)

CD had returned to the door in her human form, grumbling after landing in a pool of mud. She couldn't see anything from outside. Shifting to her car form, she drove forward, not paying attention to the bushes nearby with her headlights on bright.

The Man in Gold had laughed maybe six times since his betrayal. None of the occasions were humorous, mind you, and he wasn't laughing because of something humorous; rather, his laugh was the sort of bitter, humorless laugh that one will sometimes utter when they must laugh, or otherwise they will weep. This would be the seventh time since his betrayal since he laughed. It wasn't a pleasant sound; even more gravelly and rasping than his voice, it took on an almost guttural, monstrous tone as he bared his lips in what could only be called a smile by desecrating the term. His grip on his drink tightened as he continued to shake with laughter, but he stopped before everyone in the room had turned to look at him.

"Drastic as in send you into another dimension, stranger. And I've got every damn reason in the world to get drunk, helps blot out the bad memories, helps bring the good ones to the top of my mind."

He chugged the drink and another was brought for him immediately. His face cleared any remnants of the laughter from before, and he was again grimacing at the stranger, his scarred mouth sneering in his direction.
"Oh, well, I'm rather fond of this dimension..." he didn't know what to say to that--really it was probably a first that Arien was rendered speechless. Or at least, comment-less. He eyed his new drinking buddy with some caution, but then turned back to the barkeep to order some food. Whatever was fast and cheap, he didn't mind whatever it might be.

He shifted his attention to the door again when he saw something bright aiming for them. "What is that? Oh-oh no." He remembered his snares and the thought that this wasn't going to end well, for his snare at least.

CD drive right through the snare, grumbling. Oh dear.

The Man in Gold grunted and began to work on his sixth drink of the night. He was feeling downright tipsy at this point, although one would never know it from the way he kept to himself. The stranger beside him seemed to be upset over something happening near the entrance. The Man in Gold said nothing, but rather had a passing server retrieve his helmet from where he had left it at the woman's table; he would have gone to get it himself, but he knew that getting up would be just more pain for his knees and he was having a little difficulty keeping his balance. That drink that the woman had upped the proof on was starting to get to him...
The wire was triggered when she rolled over it, snagging her around the tire. For a moment the wire held, preventing her from rolling forward, and then it snapped. The bushes rustled and creaked with the snap of the wire and Arien's own tenseness at the bar dissolved into a disappointed sigh.

He drained his mug and signalled for a refill. "Should have dug a pitfall," he muttered, deflated.

The tire blew out, and a loud honk of CD's horn proved her anger. ''AGHWHATTHE!??'' She sneered, wobbling into the bar after changing back to human form. Before she faceplanted, the wire tangled around her feet.

The Man in Gold watched the proceedings with mild disinterest, placing his left arm on the bar to steady himself and using his right arm to hold his drink. He didn't respond, merely groaned in pain from turning around, and went back to his position at the bar. He took a sip from his drink and rubbed his head again. A few more of these, and he'd be ready to talk about his past with anyone that cared enough to listen. Catharsis was a good thing sometimes, but he didn't like going through his memory sober.
Arien's disappointment lasted only as long as the person who tripped in through the front door and collapsed in front of him. He grinned and bit back a laugh, noting the wire tangled around the woman's leg. He jumped down to give her a hand.

"Who are you?" he asked, cutting the wire with a dagger. "And what were you before this?" He hadn't seen carts like that before.

CD flinched up and quickly pinned Arien to a nearby wall without much thought. Her brown eyes narrowed, mud dripping off her body. A scowl she bore, angered. ''My name is Cranky Doortrap, a spy car. Who are you?'' She scowled, dropping him afterwards.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The IC Chat. Come One, Come All!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus