Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The IC Chat. Come One, Come All!

Neva (played anonymously)

Neva watched as he smiled at her, She wasn't very sure what expression that was, but she attempted to mimic it, her mouth barely moving from side to side. Her eyes met his again as he explained that uptight wasn;t good.

"They are nuts of somesort then?" She wasn't sure about it. Consuming something a human would. She was in a human body... she might have to stomach it. She glanced over at him as he was studying the bowl with much more fervor than she had been. He was attempting something.

Once the peanut appeared, and he ate it she was quit surprised. He hadn't lied to her about abilities and even showed her one. "Impressive." She said looking back to the own peanut in her hand. "Observe." She sort of asked him, it was hard to tell. Her cold eyes fixated on the peanut, she wasn't sure if she could do this in her new body... time had tried to work, but on produced tingles. Perhaps a lesser power would work. She slowly let her fingers release it. it began to fall but stopped halfway down... slowly making it's way back up. She let it hang in the air for a moment, suspended by nothing, before she picked it out of the air and slowly, and reluctantly drew it to her mouth.
Arien nodded in answer to her question about them being nuts, before watching her intently. She was about to do something...magical?

He watched as the nut fell from her hand, and then, stopped in mid air. It floated back up as his jaw dropped open in surprise. And then he was laughing.

"Oh man, that was awesome! If you can do that with a peanut..." he trailed off, a silly grin spreading across his face as he envisioned other uses for that kind of magic. Almost randomly, he added: "Can you do that with people too?"

The nut she wasn't so fond of, her face showed a tiny bit of displeasure as she ate it. She swallowed it and hoped that it wouldn't poison her. "This peanut thing isn't very pleasing. I hope it isn't all you survive on." She noted his reaction to her displaying of abilities. She was a bit surprised she had pulled it off in this body. "Normally yes, though I think it is possible that it could be stunted." His ability, had actually really impressed her. She wasn't aware humans could actually do those things. "And your ability, is it only limited to... peanuts." she said the word peanuts with a bit of disgust. though the rest of the sentence was full of intrigue. "It.. greatly impressed me." she confirmed. Though it had been short monotonal and to the point. Her admitting being impressed by something was much the same as His more physical reaction.
"No-no, the peanut is there for those of us who get drunk and want a few solids with our drinks. Um, we have much better things to eat. More filling. Depends what you usually eat though. Fish. Meat. Bread. Stews." He listed a few of them with a shrug.

And then grinned a little again at her comment of his teleporting only the peanut. "Nope. Actually, it's really hard for me to teleport something so small and isolated. I'm much better at teleporting myself, but it has its...drawbacks." He frowned briefly and then shrugged. "It works well enough though, but I was kind of wondering if I could teleport something other than myself. I suppose the peanut proves that well enough." He grinned and reached for a handful of peanuts this time, waving over the bartender with a hand and having a menu dropped off for Neva.

"There's a whole bunch of food listed on the menu, if you're hungry. Just ask the bartender for whatever appeals most to you and he'll pass it along to the cooks."

Her opinion of him was already moving up a little. She was surprised herself, she hadn't known him very long. And members of her own race rarely impressed her. Maybe she was jaded to them, she wasn't sure.

She listened intently as she seemingly always did. "I don't think any of my people have ever been able to teleport. Not naturally, we did have devices.. I suppose our version of the contraption I woke up in." She looked back to the bowl of peanuts glad she wasn't forced to eat them, and doubly glad there was more to be had. "You were a success it seems." She tried that smiling thing again, she failed once more. "Im glad you were successful." she verbalized instead.

As a menu was brought to her she looked down at it, as if it were something totally foreign, she picked it up to look it over. It had odd writing. Human language, she though. She opened it up studying the characters for a moment. They were very simple, her language was quite complicated and it;s characters very ornamental.

Neva searched her human brain again, much like she did when she began speaking in English. Searching for these characters and their meaning in correspondence to how they were to be spoken. "Are hamburgers better than ...peanuts?" She queried, though she had selected it already within her mind. "Bartender." She had tried her best not to call him a slave. "I would like to acquire the.. hamburger and fries. A beverage would be appreciated as well." She didn't elaborate on the drink..and was curious as to why he sat there staring at her. "That is all, we are finished." she responded, him making a face as he took the order to the back.
Arien's face fell slightly at her mention of "successful" and missed her failed attempt at a smile. "Hardly," he said. "My father disowned me because I showed no ability whatsoever at the age of twelve. You were ten and had something. I didn't have anything until I was nearly 20. It's taken me a while to progress to even teleporting a peanut, while I can teleport my entire self outside if I wanted to."

He took a slurp of his drink and waited as Neva made her request to the bartender. "Ah, just give her a mug of ale, on me." He said to the bartender with a wink. The bartender nodded and then vanished into the back to relay the order before returning to place a mug of ale before Neva.

Personally, Arien wanted to know what she thought of it. Or if she even drank where she came from. He couldn't really imagine her doing so. She didn't seem the type. Still, it wouldn't hurt to get her to soften up a little. She was still so...vigilant.

Neva was actually a bit sympathetic about his father disowning him for not showing abilities until he was twenty. They were primitives after all... of course they wouldn't catch on as quick. "Your father is a fool." She said to him plainly. "If you can teleport your entire being, that in itself is impressive."

When the ale was set before her she eyed it curiously. She looked to Arien as if to ask if it was safe. She slide her hand around it.. lifting it up to her face and slowly taking a drink of it. She contemplated the taste, though it wasn't the most pleasant thing in the world. It was better than the peanuts, which she decided she disliked immensely. She took another sip as if to study it further. "Your beverages have an odd taste, but I don't dislike it." she smacked her lips... taking a larger drink of it.
Arien shrugged at the praise of his ability. "He just always had his eyes set on 'grander' things."

When he watched her drink, he grinned. She obviously wasn't used to ale, though it was clear she didn't dislike it as much as the peanuts. "It gets better with each sip," he added, lifting his own mug slightly. "But there are different tastes. Mead, for instance, is sweet like honey. But I think it borders on being too sweet. Beer, depending on what you get, is often times thick and bitter. Ale, though, is light and perfect for someone on the go. And then there's wine, which differs in flavors and color..." he shrugged. He wasn't an alcoholic by any means, but he knew what he liked and didn't, and in that fashion he was a purist.

After about the third gulp, Neva turned up her mug and downed the whole thing as Arien continued to explain the many types of beverages they had here. She set her mug down "You were correct, The Ale did get better" she confirmed for him.

She decided that she wanted to same more of these beverages, unkown to her was how they were going to make her feel. "I wish to sample more" she admited to him, and once her food had arrived, she asked the bartender for a mead. Once he brought her a mead, she began to eye the hamburger and the fries that came with it.

It's smell to her was different, what she imagined human food might smell like. Though perhaps her human nose was getting the best of her because it was actually making her mouth water at the same time. She picked the burger up, studying it a bit before she leaned in and took a bite. She looked off as if deciding rather she liked it or not. Once she swallowed she looked over to Arien, and before taking a drink of the mead said "I'm pleased that hamburgers taste nothing like peanuts."
Jensara (played by Kyra45)

Jenna sighed, taking another sip of her drink before she started to head out, figuring no one had really noticed her or didn't want to talk to her before she went traveling again.
Arinbjorn (played by JayBird) Topic Starter

Arthur stood behind the bar, cleaning glasses and otherwise making himself useful until or unless someone needed a drink, having lost a bet with one of the bartenders.

Jenna grumbles and taps her glass. ''Sir? I need some more triple chocolate supreme please.'' She asked, shifting her cold gaze to Arthur.

Arthur smiled and nodded, taking the female's glass and consulting a chart before he nodded again, this time to himself. "No problem, Ma'am." Stepping away, the Norseman deftly, if slowly, mixed the drink for the creature, checking the chart once more before finishing it off and handing the glass back to her. "Here you go."

She took it calmly and started to drink it, unkept hair falling to her shoulders. ''So, sir, whats your name?'' She asked, seeming unphased by the stares of curious onlookers who noticed her crooked horns.

Arthur grinned slightly, his hands once again busy with cleaning glasses. "Tonight I'm George, but normally I'm Arthur." The Norseman's grin crooked a bit more as he moved his shoulder to show off the name tag that he was wearing, which indeed said 'George' upon it.

''And why are you wearing a 'George' tag if your true name isss Arthur?'' She questioned, sipping her drink once more. ''I'm Jenna, demiangel outcast.'' She hissed, snorting out steam from her nostrils. ''So this is the famed bar everyone has be talking about?''

"Because I lost a bet with George, so I'm covering for him so he and his wife can go out" Setting the finished glass aside, Arthur picked up another, the towel in his hands slowly buffing it to a shine. "I don't know about famed or everyone, but I've been frequenting it since I've been in town. Good food here."

''I came to rest up while my father remains searching for me. The drinks are good, yes, but the food her tastes strange to a demon angels taste for food served deep within the hell that others are born in.''

"I don't have the slightest clue what you just said." The Norseman's smile seemed a little frozen as he spoke. "And it sounded a little crazy. And creepy..." With a very slight grin, Arthur shirted slightly, putting a little more distance between him and the female.

She snirked. ''Natives to Earth do not understand the talk of a demonic being. I mean no harm here, as you need no reason to fear me at all unless anyone here tries to remove my dress. So, 'George', how is your day going?'' She'd ask, her drink nearly empty.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The IC Chat. Come One, Come All!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus