Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The IC Chat. Come One, Come All!

Arinbjorn (played by JayBird) Topic Starter

Arthur made his way inside, dressed casually for most and very casually for himself in jeans, a t-shirt, an old, worn jacket, and a pair of boots that looked to have seen better days. Sidling up to the bar, the Norseman claimed a bar stool and ordered a beer, a tall one. Once his drink arrived, the seemingly out of character antiques dealer pulled a bowl of bar mix closer and noshed quietly while he listened to the music and the other sounds of the estabilishment

Arthur finished his beer and quietly ordered another, along with another bowl of mix. Closing his eyes once again, he enjoyed the sounds of a sort of subdued liveliness.

The Norseman grinned to himself a bit as he ordered his third beer of the evening. He wasn't drunk, not by far, but he was starting to feel much looser and easy, like a long day was draining away little by little. Glancing around, the twelve century old Viking spotted a pool table, the thought of a game of billiards pleasing him, though he didn't leave the bar quite yet, instead ordering a small bowl of stew to accompany the liquid bread he was putting in his stomach.
Sidni (played anonymously)

Sidni pushed open the door to the bar in a rushed sort of way. Shades clad her eyes, the first sign of her arrival was the hard click of her heels that strapped halfway up her legs. a flowly expensive looking white dress that came to the top of her knees. In her left hand she was pulling a bag behind her, She looked flashy, out of place, and from the look in her eyes as she lowered her glasses, Utterly lost as she made he way to slide up to the bar. "Just rum and coke" she said to the bar tender as she flipped out a smoke.

Arthur looked at the woman with a bit of surprise, almost considering saying something to her about someone else not looking like they belonged, until he glanced down at himself and realized that, of all the days, today was the day he looked like he belonged in a bar. The thought of saying something else was wrestled with, but in the end, he decided not to say anything. Or so he thought. "You look a little out of place, Ma'am. But I think you probably know that." Seeing as he'd opened his mouth and said something, for which the Norseman was inwardly kicking himself rather unkindly, he turned towards the woman and gave her what he hoped was a charming smile and a nod.

Sidni lowered her shades at the sound of a man talking to her. Her Raccoon'd eyes slid over to him, and her brow raised slightly. "I do.. do I?" she asked casually. She returned the smile, slightly drawing in a long puff of her Cigarette. "Looking out of place is probably one of the things I do best, and Ma'am is something I don't do. You can call me Sidni" She slid a hand over to the man, always eager to introduce herself. "It's nice to meet you uhhh... blond guy."

Arthur couldn't help but smile a little, reaching over to shake her hand, his grip firm, polite, and indifferent towards the fact that she was a female without being brutish, an sort of equal rights handshake. "Arthur, Arthur Step. And the pleasure is mine, Miss Sidni." A short beat of a pause, and the Norseman gave a small smirk with a small tip of his head towards her. "Ma'am." Turning his attention momentarily back towards his stew, the antiques dealer finished it quickly before taking a long pull from his beer. A brief sniff, and he found himself patting his pockets, a frown coming to his face. He could never remember if he was smoking or not smoking, and it always seemed that he never had anything when he found himself craving one out of the blue.

Sidni shook his hand as firm as she could. She gave a small laugh when he called her Ma'am anyway. "A poliet rebel, whoda thunk?" Arthur she said over in her head fifty times like she did with everyone. Even if she never saw this guy again the rest of her life, she wanted to make sure she remembered his name. Either that or it was an odd internal tick. Her eyes broke apart from him as the bartender walked up, sliding Sidni her drink. She gave him a wink and a "thanks!" before he drifted off to tend to someone else. Another puff was taken, Sid sliding her glasses off and laying them down on the table as she sipped at her drink. Her eyes glancing around the room, before the came back to arthur. "So Arthur, Where are you from?" She figured she'd be here a while, might as well converse.

Arthur was visibly surprised at Sidni continuing to talk to him, if only for a moment. He'd been out of the world for a while, had lost a good bit of his touch with social situations. Taking his hands away from his pockets, he gave her a small grin, a sip of his beer slipped in to help lubricate his tongue so that it would work properly. "Around, mostly. I live in New York. I have an antiques shop there."

Sidni could talk to almost anyone, about anything if they'd let her. She listened, "I'm from.. around too. Southern Cali Originally." She gave a sip of her drink. "But I love New York, gotten into a bit of trouble while i was there" She said it in a way any normal girl would, possibly alluding to just partying and binge drinking. Or Crazy night out on the town with "The Girls" Involving a stripper named Jose. But no the truth was a much different thing. "Antiques?" she asked. "Like old vases and the like?" some of the things in those places, that were worth so much more than the seller was asking. Sidni knew more about it than she let on. Playing the dumb route instead.

Step nodded, taking another sip of his beer and patting his pockets once again before giving up with a sigh. "Some vases, but I don't much care for them myself. Most of what's in my shop are things like... I have an old 1928 Indian Scout motorcycle that I restored, a stuffed tiger from India during the British Raj. A few minor tapestries, some weapons and armor. Coins, a lot of coins..." With another sigh, Arthur gave her is best "I'm Sorry To Ask" smile. "I hate to be a bother, but might I bum a smoke? I never seem to have them around when I find myself wanting one."

Sidni nodded along with him. "So you've decided to go the interesting route rahter than the "Look at my pretty hairbrush from franch" route." She laughed a bit. Nodding and saying a quick "Sure" when he asked for a smoke. She knocked one out of the pack, handing it to Arthur, along with her lighter. It was as the rest of her, ostentatious. Made of silver with her Initials S.L. carved ornamentally into the front of it. "I had quit" she admitted. "But the craving persists y'know." She gave a small sigh, putting out her own cig, as she went back to her drink. "I'm currently out of work myself." She turned towards him a bit. "But it's better to be so, when you're... drifting around like I'm doing now."

Arthur, though not as any sort of snub against Sidni, pulled out his own lighter, a vintage World War Two Zippo, beaten, scratched, and well-loved and well-used. Of course the young woman had no way of knowing the the Norseman was the original owner, but something about the way he used it, perhaps when paired with his clothes, which almost looked to be of the style of enlisted men in the 40's, seemed to say that it had always been his. Lighting the cigarette, Step took a long drag, followed by a happy sigh. "I've had a long and tumultuous love affair with tobacco, but I always seem to find myself coming back around..." Another drag, and another pull from his beer before he ordered a fourth for the night, and the tall, blond Viking nodded back to Sidni. "What's your line of work? If you don't mind my asking."

Sidni slid her own lighter back under her arm as he lit it Himself. "As have I, it might kill you but it won't leave you that's for sure." Sid finished off her drink, ordered a Vodka straight this time. She looked over when he asked about her job. Sidni hadn't had to lie about that in a while. So like the grinch, she thought up a lie and she thought it up quick. "I don't mind at all." Think Sidni... Think... "I was a life coach." She paused trying to remember what that even was. "Like for rich people, usually women who needed to be told how to live their life." Sidni wasn't sure if she was even close. but maybe he'd buy it. "It got..boring so I'm just drifting along till i find something that sticks.

Arthur's lips pursed for a moment. He knew rich women, and if anyone told them how to live their lives, it was usually their husband or their therapist. That was if anyone told them at all. Truth be told, the Norsemen hated dealing with rich women, simply because they were less likely to listen and more likely to try to bilk him out of a price, commission, or both. Taking another drag, Step cleared his throat a little, trying to keep any doubt that what she told him was the truth from his voice as he gave her a gentle probe. "That sounds like it was worthwhile. Most of the rich women I knew had less charm than a hungry wolverine, so I don't blame you for leaving."

Sidni shrugged "Not really if I'm honest." Sidni laughed at him calling them wolverines. "Most of them looked like wolverine's too." Sidni herself was worth quite a lot. Though She wasn't born into it, she was one of those wrong side of the tracks, dirt poor types before she found her "calling". She had grown a taste for materialistic things, but even she knew it could be taken away just as easily as it had been given. As much as it was worth... it wasn't really worth anything. "I'd rather drift forever personally, then go back." Sidni gave a short sigh, as she downed her drink. It burning all the way to her stomach. She winced and gave a glance over to her new bar friend, hating she still had to lie after so long. But even now she didn't know who to trust.

The Norseman smirked slightly, the smirk growing into a grin. Taking a small bit of bar mix and chewing it, thoroughly wiping his hands with a napkin as he did, Step glanced down, then opened his jacket and fished into a pocket. Pulling out a business card, Arthur looked it over before placing it upon the bar and sliding it towards her with one finger. "Next time you're in New York, maybe you should swing by my shop. Maybe we could do some business." The antiques dealer was purposefully vague, getting both the feeling that he was being lied to while having the feeling that the woman maybe just needed a foothold to start her climb upward.
Hybrid Elder (played by Kyra45)

Elder watched the chatter silently, eventually dozing off with his head on the desk, snoring. The wanted poster was grasped loosely in clawed fingers.
Jack Aldo Vindici (played by Witness)

Jack stood from his table, sauntered across the room, and approached Relyn with a quick glare at Sam.

"C'mon kid, we've got things to do."

Relyn looked back at him, obviously disappointed. Still, the blue man stood, bowed once again to Sam, and the two made their exit rather unceremoniously.
The Man in Gold (played by Witness)

It was not long after Jack and Relyn left that a new person entered the bar. Tall, but not quite as tall as Relyn, and dressed in gold-colored armor that had obviously seen a lot of abuse, the man walked in at a slow pace and sat down. He didn't look around, nor did he speak. He merely sat there and observed the room through the opaque black "eyes" of his helmet.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The IC Chat. Come One, Come All!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus