Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Silence and stillness (open)

Hybrid Elder (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

''It was all my fault.....Everything....'' He choked, clenching his hands together. ''I'm a monster...A cold hearted killer that everyone will kill because they don't understand me.''
"It was never your fault to begin with," Sterling replied harshly. "You were simply unlucky enough to be picked for brutal treatment. No one deserves that; certainly not a guy with his own family. But I can't say that the latter won't come true either..."

It was a tricky situation. And not one that Sterling was at all sure about how to rectify. If it could. "If nothing else, word should spread that you're helping us, and that will cut down on the number of attempts on your life."

''Humans won't spread words. They twist them into horrors that taint the truth, and cloud minds with evil. Like Silenia. They only do what they need to, yet horrors tainted the real truth.''
"Yes, well, you have a point there." Sterling glanced around. "Do you have anywhere to go? Or are you just aimlessly wandering until you find a place to call home?"

''What home is there to have when you are constantly trying to avoid death!?'' He hissed, growling harshly.
Sterling took a step back and threw his arms up. "I don't know! Maybe you should stop fearing death and actually do something with your life. You can't always be running away, can you?" And yet, wasn't Hybrid just as stuck doing so? He sighed and rubbed his face. "Why is everything getting so messed up? It used to be simple. Kill the vampires and the werewolves and the demons. Now we have to throw in morals about good and bad demons and what separates them..." He growled into his hands.

''Because human natura is to kill everything.'' He hissed, barely in time to avoid the spear that hit his neck and caused him to choke. Not a killer shot, it seemed, but whoever had tossed it had quickly vanished.
Sterling drew his sword at once, turning to keep an eye out for whoever had thrown the spear. "You okay, Elder? We should get somewhere safer and less out in the open."

''Haaaccckk!'' Elder wheezed, the spear jammed into his neck. ''Haarrkkkk Hyyrk huu hiinkk?!''
"Healer! We need you now!"

The healer had been lying low and now he turned back to regard the gory scene. "I just fixed you up and your injured again? Sterling, you're going to have to pull it out while I heal. So when my finger twitches, pull slowly. Hybrid Elder, I'm gonna need you to sit or kneel down. I can't do this while you're standing or we might damage your spine."

Elder fell to his knees, still choking and hacking up bloo,. His bladed tail was fidgeting badly, the blade scratching the floor underneath.
Sterling gripped the spear firmly and nodded at the healer. The man nodded and carefully set his hands on either side of Hybrid's neck. "Alright, this is gonna be tricky..." He looked Hybrid in the eyes. "I need you to not cut me or Sterling while I do this...or there's the possibility of-"

Sterling released the spear for a moment, grabbing for Hybrid's tail and placing the blade under his booted foot. "I got it here, don't worry about it." He renewed his grip on the spear. "Let's get started."

The healer nodded and the process began.

Elder cringed and gritted his teeth, eyes shut tightly as pain seared through his fragile nervous system that was already going crazy from being attacked.
The process finally ended when Sterling withdrew the spear from Elder's neck; he didn't drop the spear however, nor did he let up on Elder's tail as the healer finished the last of the healing.

The healer finally staggered and sat down abruptly. His face was white and he shook a little from the effort. "Alright, I'm out of healing ability for now."

Sterling looked back at Hybrid Elder and then at their surroundings. He was ready to launch the spear at anyone who got to close.

Elder fell forward a bit, wheezing. ''Yeesh...'' He mummered, rubbing his neck and looking around nervously.
Sterling released Elder's tail once he was sure the guy had control. "We really need to get off these streets," he murmured.

The healer rose shakily to his feet. "You're welcome to stay with me for now. I live a block away from here. You can grab some supplies and then leave when you feel ready."

Elder stood back up, weakened from the fights. ''Agh....All these fighters are tiring my muscles. Will anyoe try attacking us as we get there?''
"Well, it is past the guild...so I suppose that might not be an option for you." The healer sighed. "Or you could grab a room at the inn just down the street. Either way, Hunters swarm this town."

Sterling growled. "For once could they stop being so observant or find better things to hunt?" He swung the spear around and then checked on his sword. "I'm good to go for now."

''I'm ready, but tired.''
"We'll grab a room at the inn for tonight and then head out in the morning. Hopefully the Hunters will search elsewhere for us. And traveling at night is a definite no. You need help walking or can you manage?" Sterling asked.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Silence and stillness (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus