Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Silence and stillness (open)

Hybrid Elder (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

Elder attempted to kick him back harshly, still snarling madly. His control was limited, and fading fast.
The kick seemed to be the lesser of the two evils so Sterling lit it hit--knocking him free of the blades. He rolled when he hit the ground, hoping to avoid the bladed tail, and then got to his feet once more.

"That was fun," he muttered. "Alright, Hybrid--we're done."

Elder snarls, his instict to attack still in stronghold. Seems something would be needed to calm him down.
Sterling looked for something to use that might snap Hybrid out of his fighting mode. His hand fell to the canteen at his side. He quickly unscrewed the lid, muttering to himself about this being a waste of holy water, before grabbing the canteen and chucking it at Hybrid. With any luck, Hybrid would cleave it in two. And douse himself with water.

Elder tensed up badly and severed the canteen into halves with his tail blade, a clean cut without much effort. Though he did this with a backflip.
Well, the canteen would be unsalvageable, but the water spraying everywhere did its job. And Hybrid would be wet--if not soaked.

"Hey, snap out of it, Elder," Sterling called. He sheathed the sword, but kept his hand resting on it in case he needed to draw it again.

Elder hissed from the water and fell on his back, flinching before coming back to his senses. ''.....Oh. Sorry...'' He muttered, twitching.
Sterling sighed and approached slowly. "You alright? You remember what happened?"

''I don't remember. I just heard you say charge at me and my mind shut down.''
"I figured as much. You didn't go berserk, at least, which is something, but the longer you're in it, the harder it is to snap you out of it."

Sterling rubbed his head and then went to collect the two halves of his canteen. "You remember this at all?" He held them up to show Hybrid, and in so doing saw how clean the cut was. "Do you keep your blades sharpened? Or are they naturally that way?"

Elder flinched again. ''I don't remember cutting that. My blades are naturally sharp, but they can dull if they hit a rough object like a rock.''
"Huh, well...that answers my questions. If you can stay in control while you're fighting, you could probably improve your..." he trailed off, realizing what he was about to say. "Actually, it's probably good you don't use your blades so much. The tail is fast, but the ones on your ankles and hands can be put to good use too so you're not always relying on your tail."

Sterling dropped the two halves of his canteen. "I have no idea why I'm telling you this. But I guess it's in the off chance you don't have access to your tail." He shook his head.

''Thats only of my tail is cut off or the blade is broken.'' He sneered, tail flinching. ''No ones going to mess with it, or else.''
Sterling shrugged. "You could be drugged and then tied up, though. In that case you wouldn't necessarily have access to your tail. Just a thought." He really should look into poison-tipped crossbow bolts. Except that they were expensive when they didn't harm half the demons he hunted for.

''What are you trying to imply?'' He hissed, eyes narrowing, heart starting to race.
"Hey, I'm a Hunter. I try to find all the weaknesses of my...er, targets, and I aim to use them when I can. I'm just pointing yours out to you. You should be thankful."

Sterling sighed and rubbed his head. He was having a conflict of morals and he wasn't sure he was winning.

''Just keep in mind that my blades act accordingly to movement of I sense hostility. I find my targets weaknesses or flaws and use my attack according to what I can figure out. Hunters are usually taking a death threat fighting me unless they have a tranquilizer close by.''
Sterling arched an eyebrow. "Is that right?" So if he didn't pose a threat, he might be okay? It was a thought worth pursuing for two seconds--long enough for him to get sliced and diced when he did pose a threat.

"Alright, then, so if you're able to do that...then do you recall those fights at all?"

''I don't recall those fights at all, no matter how hard I try. As long as no one tries sneaking up on me to attack, I'll be fine. But if they do..'' As he rambled on, barely paying attention to things behind him.
Sterling was aware enough of their surroundings--enough that he caught movement of two Hunters moving behind Hybrid. He didn't particularly think anything of it, until they drew weapons and charged.

"Hybrid!" he yelled, cutting the guy off in his mid-speech. "Behind you." Already, Sterling was drawing his own sword.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Silence and stillness (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus