Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Silence and stillness (open)

Hybrid Elder (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

''My wish?....Whats different about me? Agh...'' He asked, wincing lightly. His skin was still covered in the loose white fur, but instead of black nails he had white ones.
"Well, you're missing the blades that you had. And your nails are different colored." Sterling shifted as he tried to figure out what else was different. "I think I'm okay; my hand is heavily bandaged though; I think from when I grabbed you by your wrist blade."

''Last thing I remember is hitting the ground and seeing blood fill my vision. Urrgh..Where are we? Did I die?'' He asked, still dazed. All in all, his closed hand still clutched the picture tightly. ''My head still hurts terribly, and my left hand is bandged and I can't feel my tail.''
"We're in a hospital. On pain meds. We didn't die. The last thing I remember is grabbing you before you fell. I guess I failed that."

He paused. "Do you have your tail still?"

''Aagh...I can't tell. I can't move it and when I try to the pain flares. Do you think they cut if off? Ack...''
"Either they cut it off or they had to amputate a good portion of it, I can't tell from here, Hybrid. Try not to move too much if you can help it."

Sterling sat up and reached for the chart at the foot of his bed, flipping through it. He'd only been in a hospital a handful of times and he felt his heart quicken at the diagrams written in his charts.

Of course, his blood work was all skewed because of the silver. Well, so long as they didn't try to get rid of the silver, he was okay. He sat back with a sigh."Looks like we're gonna be here until you recover."

''Agh.....How long could that be? I can barely move and theres no way to tell what they did to me while I was unconcious. I'm glad your ok, though...'' He hissed. ''I took most of the fall harder.''
Sterling sighed and draped his good arm over his face. He winced, discovering he had some shards of splinters and a few stitches there as well. "I'm going to look like a demon myself after all this. I'd say that you might recover in a few days; though you'll probably be on pain meds for a week or two. Did you break any bones?"

''Urgh..I can't feel my tail, and I think my left arm is in a cast. Where are you at?'' Elder asked, teeth gritted. He also had stitches on his throat where debris had damaged the major voice things there. ''My feet aren't in casts, but I can feel stitches...'' He added. He moved his right arm weakly, wincing, and scratched his chin.
"I'm across the room from you, so I can't make out too much. But if you're stitched up, you're probably not going to want to rip those out anytime soon. I'd give us at least a week. At any rate..." Sterling grimaced, "my crossbow is going to be useless without the functioning of my arm."

So a steady weak passes, the two healing..Though Elder would be the one that ended up somehow tearing a stitch loose from his belly. It was re-stitched together, leaving Elder another week to heal. By now most of the injuries on them both had healed enough for some moving around.

Elder stirs awake, having been transferred to a new room where Sterling could visit him even though the bandages were still over his eyes.
His arm was mostly healed though he had a mark from where Elder's blade had sliced him. He could move it at least without pain, though he hadn't quite tried to load his crossbow just yet.

"Hey Hybrid, the doctors say you'll be out soon. What are you planning to do when you get out?"

''Maybe get this bandage off my eyes. I still can't feel my tail, even though it's been weeks since the accident. I heard Silenia was going to visit the town today to announce very important news regarding the status of reports that theres been a hunter not following the rules lately.'' He replied, wincing.
''Silenia...I haven't seen her for months now. I kinda miss her, a bit..''
"Sure thing, hold on a moment." Sterling carefully peeled the bandaging back from Hybrid's eyes. "You might want to keep your eyes closed for a moment while I turn out the lights for you." He flicked the switch so that Hybrid wouldn't be blinded.

"Silenia is coming back? She realizes that's a bad idea, right? I haven't been able to pursue much of the Hunters because of my arm."

Elder winces and opens his eyes a bit. His dark red one was bruised badly and wouldn't open. ''Thank you....And yes, the news is she's returning to tell of the stories. But she isn't afraid to slime out the hunters that try to kill her. I've only heard this from the TV, however. It seems the hunter cut the Inns floorboards and made it so we'd fall.''
Sterling sighed and brushed his hands through his hair. "Hunters, you say, did this? Flipping fantastic. Maybe I'll help Silenia slime out those hunters."

But actually he was torn. On the one hand some Hunters were idiots and jerks; on the other hand, they provided some usefulness in taming the population explosions of vampires and werewolves. And not all hunters were terrible people.

He groaned and clapped a hand over his face. "If she's going on a rampage, I have to stop her, Hybrid. I took an oath to protect the Guild against unnatural threats. She qualifies as one."

''She won't attack unless attacked. She vows to only attack those that lunge at her. You even heard her say that she only attacks if threatened, even.''
"Yes, but it doesn't sound like she's coming back simply to trade words with Hunters. And if she is, she won't get far."

He rubbed his face. "The Guild won't take kindly to listening to her at any rate. They hardly like listening to me, and they wanted me to fight for them."

"Well, how would we stop her?'' He asked, wincing. ''Or rather, why would a hunter cut the rotted floor?'' He added, mismatched eyes looking at Sterling. ''Do you think it's because of me being with you?''
Sterling grimaced. He didn't know how to stop her, except by reasoning. And ironically it wasn't her he was worried about stopping; it was the other Hunters. Once they got it in their heads to do something, they were hard to persuade otherwise.

"It's likely that's why they cut the floor boards," admitted Sterling. "Most hunters don't like demons, even partially human ones--especially partially human ones. Unfortunately, we've been tainted by vampires and werewolves and that doesn't lend kindly to demon lore--whether you're friendly or not. You wouldn't happen to have any ideas about how to deal with this, would you?"

(ooc Happy 1000th post, Kyra!)

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Silence and stillness (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus