Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Silence and stillness (open)

Silenia (played by Kyra45)

Hiiiiiisssssssssss.....

Silence. Nothing but silence filled the air of arena. The crowd wasn't there, for the arena had been shut down. The door was hung open, however. Beyond it's reaches inside was a large area where fighters used to fight it to the limits to get awarded. The last cage was still shut, though the lock was broken. It could easily be opened, but the beast within was waiting for someone to make that mistake. This beast had already defeated a few that had entered daringly; Yet it still waited for them to enter again.

Rumors were spread that a reward was offered for those that could defeat the monster. But they warned the creature was not easily defeated. Even those that killed it were frightened to see it return the next day, like a ghost. It was blind, yet it seemed to know their every move.

The sun shines dimly down onto the areana as the creature awaits a new challenger....

(There doesn't necessarily have to be fighting. This creature just can't see anything.)";
Sterling loved impossible odds. He lived for the adrenaline rush that came from meeting one's certain doom--and surviving. So when he heard of a nightmarish creature that devoured any who approached it, his interest piqued.

It took him a few days to track down the arena where the creature was said to lurk, but once he did--he was certain he was in the right place. The emptiness of the arena gave him chills that he hadn't felt in too long. Taking on vampires at night had accustomed him to feeling watched even when he wasn't. But the sensation of feeling surrounded by nothing was new

He adjusted his light grey trench coat, feeling for the silver pendant that hung around his neck. His coat was heavy, bristling with wooden stakes, and in his hands he carried a weighty crossbow loaded with a bolt. At his waist, a quiver of bolts waited within easy reach, and on his back hung a sword that had seen recent action.

Sterling walked steadily through the arena, his eyes scanning the emptiness for shadows and movement. But almost at once he knew where the creature lurked when he happened across a single cage with a broken lock; and here he paused. If he entered by conventional means, the creature would almost certainly nab him.

He made no move to enter as he leveled his crossbow at the door, standing far enough back that if the creature decided to charge--he might have a chance to fire his crossbow. "Do you really expect me to enter into so open a trap?" he called into the cage.
Silenia (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

Almost meditatively the beast tore the door down. He was greeted with what appeared to be it's back, a toothed behind with a tail ending in a hand. ''Heheheheee....I sense a well-armed human has dared to approach me?'' It cackled, swinging it's tail to the side and back. It stepped towards him, the front half coming out of the shadows. This side had the real head and horns, and a mouth wrapped shut.

The creature turns until it was side ways, the clawed left hand opened. ''Who dare to fight me?'' It scowled. A slimy creature with blood running down the mouth, and an open sore on it' right back leg. The wings it had were covered in the ooze and bubbly, dripping slime down it's side. It was green with brown splotches, and appeared to have no eyes.

(Pic in profile is hard to describe in words. XD..)
Sterling blanched and took a step back as much to give himself room to shoot as to take in the hideous sight of the creature before him. He was glad now that he hadn't run into the cage, given that the thing seemed to sport death at either end. He was not shocked to note that he preferred vampires to the viscous ooze that seemed to comprise this particular hellish creation.

"My name is Sterling; I'm a Hunter and slayer of all things that feast on mortals." And then because he really couldn't help it, "What are you?" Even as he searched for a weak spot, he couldn't help but notice it already seemed injured. Or perhaps the blood was from a former victim. He was leaning towards the latter, trying to decide on which end to shoot.

(Of all the monsters Sterling has faced--I'm thinking this is probably the worst--given it's oozing state. XD)

''My name is Silenia, hellspawn destined to kill everything that makes theor way here.'' It sneered, and its tail end swung out at him with it's claws. It seemed to know exactly where he was, despite having no eyes. The slime was also slung at Sterling, a foul ooze that was also sticky and hard to move.

The sore was blistery, and seemed tyo be the source of the blood running down that side. Muscle cold be seen contracting violently from the sore. It's front end seemed to drag behind, disorted bit but still deadly and very very very verrryy slimy. The beast also smelled of rotten flesh.
Sterling managed to evade the claws...but not the ooze. He gagged slightly on reflex as the stench of rotten flesh struck him at the same time as the slime. And then he was frantically trying to peel it off the sleeve of his trench coat. Forget that, he was wasting time. Returning his attention to the deadly creature before him, he fired his crossbow bolt at the sore as soon as he had a clear shot.

"You just made one mistake," Sterling muttered, reloading. "I hate being oozed on."

The sore is hit with the arrow with a sickening sound and the creature screeches in agonizing pain as blood spurted out. It snarled somehow and reared up on to it's front feet, kicking out at him with the tails feet quickly, wavering from the arrow in the injured leg. It's skin convulsed as it tried using it's tail hand to pull the arrow out, yowling in pain, failing horribly.

''You foolish hunter!'' It snarled, seeing if it's kick connected.
The kick sent Sterling flying back several feet, where he landed heavily on the ground. By some miracle he had kept his grip on the crossbow, though it had misfired in the process, snapping the cord that launched the bolts. He tossed it aside and drew his sword, ignoring the stinging sensation that crossed his right shoulder and chest. Another bruise, another tear in his trench coat; it was another day in the life of a hunter.

Grey eyes sparking at the new challenge, he charged forward, ready to hack at whatever part came his way with the sword.

Sile snarled and their horned head faces him quickly. It shot a stream of ooze from the hole in it's bandaged mouth at him. Afterwards it stood up and lowered it's head, horns aimed at the sword.
Blinded by the ooze and trying not to turn squeamish--seriously, blood and guts and missing limbs he was fine with, but ooze was something else entirely--Sterling didn't even see the head repositioning itself until he saw something move and he swung on instinct. His entire force was put behind the swing given he was a man who followed the approach of "hold nothing back".

His sword get him swung right onto the creatures neck. It hisses in a fit as it stood, lifting him off the ground. Now he was riding the fiend, feeling it's slimy neck and rough skin. It screeches, bucking violently. ''Get off of me!'' It sneered, bouncing around noisily but with cautioon of the floor, which was broken in some places.
He wasn't sure riding the creature was any better than facing it from the ground, except that now slime was liberally coating him from his boots to his shoulders. He clung for dear life to the sword which was his only grasping point--anything else would have been slippery and oozing and make him fall.

"St-stop flailing around!" he yelled at it. Trying to reach for a dagger would prove nearly impossible.But he could feel the sword vibrating with each buck. It wouldn't be long before it jiggled free. He waited until he was close enough to the ground that he could let go without breaking something or being trampled.

The creatures feet gave way and it faceplanted from the front, it's back feet gettng tossed up in the air as it landed. A sickening snap came from the back leg as it landed harder, the injured one.
He was flung partially forward as the creature face planted; tripping forward and feeling a sharp pain spike in his ankle, he landed much rougher than he meant to on his feet.

Grimacing, he knelt on the ground, extracting a dagger in preparation to throw it at the next vulnerable spot when he realized the creature was more or less already out of commission. The snap hadn't been his own leg--of which luck had been with him.

"Shall I put you out of your misery?" he asked the creature, drawing a second dagger from his other boot. A heated pain ran up his left ankle and he grimaced.

It growled harshly and stood up, though the broken foot lied limply when it wobbled up. ''You don't seem too well.'' It sneered, and shot out a blob of the ooze, screeching in pain when it nearly collapsed onto it's face again, shaking badly.

It flinched and tore off the bandaging around it's face to reveal teeth like knives and eyes that seemed to bleed blood colored tears that ran down it's face. ''What is this 'misery' you dare speak of, foolish hunter?''
He was glad he had waited until now to throw his remaining weapons. Well, his remaining bladed weapons that didn't include the sharpened stakes embedded into his trench coat. He threw one dagger at one of the eyes crying blood, and tried to keep his distance--but his ankle had twisted something fierce.

"Misery, you know, that bloody, painful feeling that strikes when I aim at you?" He meant the dagger he'd just thrown. "Although whoever got to you first seemed to have done some considerable damage already. Too bad. I would have liked to take sole credit. Ah well, can't have everything."

The dagger hits and sinks into the pit of the empty eye. Sile screeches and falls to their side with a loud thud, blood pooled underneath their pain wracked body as they squirmed on the ground violently, hissing.

They look at him with hatred as they stood up barely and charged at him with their head lowered, galloping. ''You will pay dearly for that!''
"I already have," muttered Sterling, bracing himself for the collision. He drew one of the wooden stakes from within his coat and held it ready.

Whatever pain lingered in his body now, he knew it would be nothing compared to what would hit him next. "Make your peace with death, because I'm not dying alone."

Just as the beast's horns grazed his chest they collapsed in a heap, unconcious. The reasoning why was that the sore had busted open, and blood was gushing out constantly.
Sterling was stuck half under the creature when it collapsed, and he felt something warm oozing up his leg. He grimaced and tried to wiggle free, but the creature was too heavy and the horns were too close to his heart for him to want to risk any real movement. That and there was the potential that his sprained ankle was more than sprained by this point.

"Fan-tastic," he muttered to himself, flopping onto his back to stare up at the horns and then to the sky above. "I'm going to be perfect bait for a vampire like this."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Silence and stillness (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus