Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Character Meme - Traits

Claine Moderator

You can pick up a blank copy here on Deviantart. http://fyuvix.deviantart.com/art/Character-Balance-Meme-154832353

Just fill it in using Paint or something :D Don't take it too seriously. There's more to a character than a series of checked boxes.

Here is mine:

oaN59.png

Looks like most of my characters are pretty balanced according to this, except for Rémi and Tsane, and that kinda makes sense because Tsane's my nice, white-knight kind of character while Rémi is a talented arsehole.";
SeraphicStar

What do you mean, Sumaire isn't attractive? He's the sexiest nerd ever!

Here's mine!

szKmT.png

Sort of what I was expecting, honestly.
Hmm, I tried this, while its interesting almost all of my characters are just 'well balanced'. I think the the traits for good and bad are 'too extreme'. Just my personal opinion. Most of my characters fit in between those traits. They're not ugly but theyre not gorgeous either, etc. etc.

gupHS.png
Here we go~

tIzNNl.png

I would have guessed higher on some and lower on others, but whatever. At least none of them quite toppled over the edge.
Character_Balance_Meme_by_fyuvix.jpg

This wasn't easy to fill in, some things are double-sided
My dudes, let me show you them.

mydudes.png

I've also had fun filling out the same author's Character Profile Form. It's... well, it's really long. I recommend it!
Claine Topic Starter Moderator

SeraphicStar wrote:
What do you mean, Sumaire isn't attractive? He's the sexiest nerd ever!

XD That was a bit of a hard question for me to answer, actually. None of my characters are built with attractiveness as one of their defining traits. I marked Nero and Rémi only because they're the ones who put way too much effort into their appearances.
Witness

I'm giving a preliminary warning that the following image features terrible handwriting made worse by an old mouse and unfamiliarity with drawing on the computer. View at your own risk.

vfkp5j.jpg

On the plus side, all of my characters came out pretty darn well balanced, with none of them netting a higher score than +2 and two of them netting a score of +1; but, I make up for the positive score by writing terrible things that happen to them in my stories.
i'm lazy, as i used the typing numbers after using the mouse and pencil tool in pait. derp

10qhpwm.png
Tsk, tsk, seems like the all-around-good-guy Paladin Draconus and the charismatic, tough-guy Johann are on the stronger side of the scale. Shame on you, fellas.

1ik94n.png

In retrospect, Wilhelm's brave-factor probably could've been done away with, but I'm through fiddling with this thing. It was fun, though!
10nrspi.jpg

Well, I'm pretty relieved. The way this was skewed, I thought it was going to be a lot worse.

Here's my breakdown:
Ai, Ismene, Laena - Original universe
Victoria, Jace - Minecraft
Cris, Liesel - Hetalia.

I'm kind of going to just accept Liesel's biased number in silence and go back to my corner of the internet. xD;
Okay... This isn't so bad at all! I did strongly follow the point of "the leading trait", though. If I included every trait they all had... Some of them would lean towards the 'strong' characters, although maybe not by much.

Character_Balance_Meme_by_fyuvix.jpg

It was hard to decide for some of them, especially the attractive, haha. I put thought in all of their appearances, and all I want to look somewhat appealing, but... Mostly not oh gosh drop dead gorgeous.
And for 'angry, mean, short temper', for most of them I picked only for 'short temper thing'. Although, Aiolia could be perceived as mean... But Ryan not so much.
gl-4701-1342992281.jpg

seems mine are fairly balanced...ish xD cept Faith she be a servant girl and Kat...who's a android o.O
I found this thread when I accidentally clicked back to the beginning of the list, rather than to the end of the most recent thread... but I really like this meme and think it's worth resurrecting for folks who haven't seen it!

I popped in my RPR characters and realized I probably play them a little TOO fancy... but I kind of like just a touch more fluff than angst, so maybe that's okay?

KmVpAml.jpg
Ooo this is a fun lil thing! I did it for my main four Webcomic characters:

traits_by_tiny_centaur-dbu8dnq.png
The results are surprising given I'm very unconfident in my character writing skills lmao

I spose this is a good thing? Or a bad thing? Idk.

Also I left the whole attractive/ugly things alone. Cuz they can either be ugly and/or attractive in other people's eyes.
Yeah, I wasn't sure about that one either... but I figure that it was a mixture of something that my characters either consciously attempted to emulate (conventional beauty standards), or who specifically had no hang-ups about their appearance on a day-to-day, which I figure is the other half of the trait that comes from the inside vs. how others perceive them.
Claine Topic Starter Moderator

I did not expect to see this again XD
SURPRISE!

I kind of wonder what other hidden gems there are back in other pages of the forum games sub-section. >: D
... Holy heck this is from 2012?

How far did you go back Dray? O: lmao

But yeah. The whole attractive thingy can be a little debatable. Unless the person who designed the character definitely had that as a factor in mind I guess??? Idk.
It's a tricky one, for sure!

;A; And I went ALL THE WAY BACK and didn't realize it until I started filling the meme out. Dragons lurk in them thar hills.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Character Meme - Traits

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus