Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Academy for Humans, or Creatures? (Open)

Radio rebel (played anonymously)

(Okay thank you) rebel explored the gym a little happy stay by the door
Wormwood (played anonymously)

(*quick hops in before things start happening*)

Education is the cornerstone to modern society. It was something like that that Leslie had heard from a conversation he'd been eavesdropping on several weeks ago at the park. Of course, ever since he'd regained his mind, he'd always wanted to connect back with that mysterious concept of modern society, so his logical course of action was to enroll in school. Luckily for him, the local one accepted strange creatures such as himself.

That's how Leslie came to find himself walking down the academy halls at a leisurely pace, an old and dirt-encrusted pack hanging from his shoulder, leaving a thin layer of dust on the side of the otherwise new-looking hoodie and jeans he was wearing. His left hand was carefully holding the loose end of a popped stitch in his neck from the rather unkind bus ride to the school. He followed the signs to the gym--where that mysterious overhead voice had told him to go briefly before the halls had cleared--and soon found himself again joining the mass of students. He sat his over-six-foot frame next to a short guy who smelled like smoke. Was he a "creature" too? Although he couldn't tell, Leslie presumed that if he was human he'd at least scare him a bit, which was always fun. He heavily set his pack between his feet, pulled out a needle with a bit of thick thread tied to it, and worked on reaffixing one of the stitches that held his head attached to his body.
Kaylan Arkwright (played anonymously)

Before the ''creature'' had arrived, Kaylan had kept his head down. The thought of not being able to at least keep a conversations with somene worried him. After talking to Enya, he hoped that she was okay and dodn't dislike him for it. After all, he didn't mean it. Now he knows that if he speaks to her again, don't mention the fact that she was a ''shifter''. Though what if he never,spoke to anyone else? Kaylan's parents never got him a phone, so he couldn't just call any of his friends whenever he needed to talk to someone. They can't afford a phone and even if they could, they wouldn't get him one. Soon, he'd figure something out.

Someone sitting next to him made him shudder a little bit. Not that it was a bad thing. It was just unexpected and with how his life has been so far, anything unexpected could scare him. Even if just a little. Kaylan kept his head down, but glanced at the creature next to him. Of course, he kept this to himself, but he was curious as to what this person was. He noticed the stitches, though he still wasn't sure. Yet again, he didn't know every single creature there was in their world. At first sight, Kaylan is mistaken for just a human being. Some people might notice that something wasn't human about him, but they'd need to think deeper. Then he noticed the creature pull out a needle with thick thread tied to it and lifted his head a little when watching him. 'What the hell is he doing?' The teen thought to himself, giving a curious look. It wasn't exactly scary, but it made him curious and a little nervous. Shaking his head, he looked down again.
Enya (played by PixieDust) Topic Starter

{Yersh Zoro. And Forgive me for not saying much, I'm kinda going through some things. }
Zoro (played by Red_Sakata0)

(okay so what has happened so far?)

(Just head to the gym...}

(Okay)

Zoro, with his tail dragging behind him, made his way to the gym slowly. He was not looking forward to starting a new year at a new school, where he knew no one at. But hey at least it gave him a place to sleep.

Leslie stuck the curved needle into his neck, fishing it through the loop the loose end was holding onto. Tying the new bit of thread to the loose end secured the stitching, if it did look a bit messy. The whole while he keep glancing over at the smokey smelling kid, trying to determine whether or not he was human. He knew some of the creatures looked plenty human but still had powers, but he wasn't so sure about this one. After putting away the needle, he turned halfway and stuck his hand out in front of him.

"Leslie," he said simply. "And you?"
(Guess we are still in the gym)
Jj sat quietly on the gym floor, while others idly chatted loudly around her. They all waited for the same thing... Right? Why they were there in the gym. Everyone's conversations were blurred together, creating a bubble of white noise around Jj. Her cherry red eyes flew across the pages of open leather book, soaking in every word while her ears tuned out the commotion nearby.
She wished she could have been talking to someone, a friend or acquaintance to tell her all about the crazy things that no one knew a bout them. But everyone already had their friends, and there was no need to try to make new ones. So she stood there alone. Walking back and forth in her place lips moving, murmuring the words her brain pronounciates. She looks up for just a second her gaze catching her own reflection in the glass window beside her, she stared, so did the girl in the glass. The girl doesn't look like Jj... Though she is supposed to. She is pale, with curly dark blue hair and bright eyes. Though everything about her is dark. Her expression, her furrowed brows, her lips... I am more the opposite, I am kind, aren't I supposed to look like someone who is? I am supposed to look bright, without a devilish resting face. My eyes are supposed to express happiness, although they rather express hatred. People simply don't look who they are. If people see me this way, how would they ever know who I really am? How is anybody supposed to get to know the real me, if society judges the picture before reading the text? So she thinks, staring into the bight, but dark eyes of the girl she is now.

Zoro finally made his way to the gym when he spotted a interesting looking girl with red eyes all by herself, so he decided to walk over to her. As Zoro made his way to the girl he thought to himself 'I thought I was the only one here without any friends' when he finally made his way across the gym he extended his arm and said "Hi I'm Zoro, nice to meet you."
Jj looked up at the blue eyes of a boy. Why was he talking to me? Was he here to make fun of me? Jj wanted to smile at the boy she felt it tug at her lips, but she keep thing in a straight line, trying not to look angry she spoke the the boy in what she though was a friendly voice.
"Hello, I'm Jinx," She glanced at his hand, taking it between her shaky fingers she grips it shaking his hand. Her navy nail polish gleaming up at her. She wanted to ask him a few questions, did he need something? Was he looking for someone? His girlfriend... or maybe even a boyfriend? There had to be some reason he was talking to her... But she keep her mouth shut, hoping her expression looked lighter than she feels. He was a good 8-10 inches taller than her so she had to look up to see his face.

Zoro was staring at the girl in front of him as she talked. "Hmm, Jinx, I like that." Zoro said smiling to himself. As they shook hands Zoro could feel her hand shaking and he asked "What's the matter? Are you new here too?" Zoro could not stop staring at Jinx's eyes, they were beautiful, he's never seen anything like them.

{Alrighty... Hopefully this is good...}

A cool rush blew through the gym as if a ghost was passing through it. Slowly the speaker began to crack and a voice shimmered around the gym.

"Goooooood Afternoon!!" Echoed a voice, it was sweet, and the woman with the microphone giggled lightly. "Welcome creatures and humans!!!" She smiled happily, like a little ray of sun. Her eyes seemed to glow a dark red, her scales crawled up her face, her tail whipping around in the air. "I am the Creauture's mentor, Ms. Meeka. You obey the rules and we shall be a-okay with each other." She smiled darkly and then passed through the barrier, the barrier seemed to open up around her, and then it closed, she handed the microphone over to the other Mentor and then passed right back through the barrier.

"My name is Mrs. Packer. I am the human's mentor, and like Ms. Meeka said, obey the rules." She smiled very warmly, like hugging a big, fluffy teddy bear. Her eyes were a light blue, her skin was a mocha color, her lips a dark red. Slowly she stood closer to Ms. Meeka and looked at her. "We are twins. Our father was a human, our mother a creature. Slowly with the rage of everyone pulled us apart. As little girls we didn't understand what happened, but now we understand completely, and we are here to change the way the world thinks." She giggled very softly and then pointed around the gym. "Every one of you will help us. Now! You shall have classes, creatures are to help with what is going on. their ability, the way they control things, and even to act normal. The humans, they will learn to help others fit in, maybe a few magic tricks here and there, combat, you never know. " Slowly she passed the microphone.

"Now. Friday-Sunday, the barrier will be down. You get along! Or things will get ugly. There may be a few fights at first, and we do expect that, but we live together for four years, or even longer." Said Ms. Meeka, a swish of her tail and more air rushed around. She smiled excitedly and looked around, "Now, some rules are. No fights. Lights out by 11. In class by 9:30. Stay on your side of the barrier, besides on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Now, please try to follow the rules, there aren't very many..." She looked away and smiled. "Now... Sign-ups are here, basketball, soccer, cheer leading, etc. we'll start now and wait till "school" actually starts before we announce everything."

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Enya sighed and twiddled her fingers, thinking about if she should join anything. Slowly the girl started to hum, and that's when she found it. Her interest. She quickly jumped up, and then walked over to the mentor, "S-so... Is there any possible way that I could be in choir, and band? I play the piano, but I still need time to practice my voice." She looked down and Ms. Meeka patted her on the back, smiling softly.

"Yes you may, a lot of kids are." That's all she said before she went back to talking with other students. Enya looked around and went to the board, being the third person to sign up for band, and the second person to sign up for choir. She sighed heavily and then turned away from the barrier, looking around the room before she looked at Kaylan, staring at him for a while before she pulled her hair to the side and then walked back to her seat, sitting down. She didn't know what to do, or say.

{The assembly isn't over, I just didn't wanna reply soooooo long... xD}

Zoro looked up as the two mentors spoke and as soon as they were done looked back at Jinx and asked "So what are you planning on signing up for?"
Catherine (played by Raider-jack29)

Catherine didn't pay much attention to the mentors as she was already aware of the rules...though she wondered if it would be possible to make a few exceptions...with the father of her child being on the other side of the barrier and her being unable to fight in her current condition she was frightful of many things.
Caressing her stomach Catherine continued sitting hoping the assembly would be over soon...she had a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it after all.
Kaylan Arkwright (played anonymously)

Kaylan shuddered slightly when seeing his hand. Slightly, Kaylan turned his head to glance at Leslie. Then looked back to his hand. After looking at his hands for a moment, he decided to shake Leslie's hand. He had been quite hesitant about it, but it was just a handshake and he had to at least try talking to people while here. "I-I'm Kaylan.." The werewolf mumbled shyly, letting go of Leslie's hand. That's when he noticed that the assembly had started and he watched it.

So far, most people around here probably seemed as if they wouldn't get into fights, but Kaylan wasn't a stranger to fights. He has been in many, actually. That's how he got the cut on his cheek. He doesn't choose to fight - that's just what he got for being with that type of crowd back home and people picked fights with him. Once they stopped speaking, Kaylan ran a hand through his black, messy hair and glanced down. He probably wouldn't join any groups or clubs. Nothing jumped out at him and he didn't have much talents.
Jj opened her mouth to speak, though someone had already started talking she looked away from the boy, putting her hand back at her side. She listened... What should she do? She had a friend who taught her basket ball maybe that? Or art, do you think they have an art class? After the two women were done speaking Jj rolled her eyes looking back over at the boy who seemed to have been looking back at her. She felt her face warm, hands gripping her skirt, clenching and unclenching her fingers she answered the boy...
"Well... um, basketball maybe? I have an old friend name Kimera who taught me to play basketball. Or maybe art, do you think they have an art class? Because that would be great..." Jj let out a nervous giggle glancing up from the ground to see if the boy was still listening... she was blabbering

Zoro listened closely as the woman with cherry red eyes talked. He was really interested in her and didn't want to offend her but not listening. After she finished he said "I hope they have art, I'm thinking of signing up too." To be honest Zoro was really into art but he wasn't going to sign up until he heard that Jinx was going to. He noticed that Jinx kept clenching her fingers and decided to ask about it. "Um. Are you okay? You seem really nervous."

“Kaylan…” Leslie repeated under his breath to remember it. “Nice to meet you.” He nodded and turned to face the two apparent owners of the school. He listened quietly, raising an eyebrow at a few points.

“A barrier?” he said, looking over to Kaylan for his opinion despite the discomfort he'd shown. “Sounds like they really don't trust us, huh?” He eyed Kaylan down for a moment. “You are a creature, right? Well, of course, or you wouldn't be sitting over here… what do you do?”

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Academy for Humans, or Creatures? (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus