Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » New High School! (open)

Sacha (played anonymously)

Sacha frowned. Oh well, it wouldn't have worked out anyway, considering the band room only had two pianos as far as he knew. He looked at the clock and, seeing that it was almost time to go, began packing up the rest of his things. The bell rang just as Sacha was standing up and pushing in his chair. Instead of darting off again, he waited and looked at Phoenixheart and Chihiro.
Phoenixheart Hiro (played by Gab)

Phoenixheart had just finished coloring the picture when the bell rang. She scrambled a bit to put the supplies that she was using back into her bag. A strand of her bright red hair had come loose from her braid during this process, and she absentmindedly tucked it behind her ear as she closed her bag. She then stood up with her bag and pushed in the chair that she was sitting in. She streched a bit as she stood, her wings fluttering slightly.
Chihiro Tenji (played by ChaiT)

The school bell snapped Chihiro back from his thoughts. Hastily he packed the rest of his things into his backpack and tied his jacket around his waist, fashion be damned.

"So, what are you guys doing for lunch?" he asked, figuring he didn't have much to do, "Aside from eating, of course."
(Guys I have a magic highschool roleplay So If you want to Join Its in the fourms as Magic HighSchool (OPEN)

Phoenixheart thought for a bit before responding "I'm not really sure... I was thinking about maybe finishing up the picture that I was drawing if I hadn't already, but now that I already finished it I don't really know... I wonder if the band room has an acoustic guitar that I could borrow... I could use a bit of practice with it." She rubbed the back of her neck a bit awkwardly as she talked. Phoenixheart wasn't too used to doing something so casual as talking about her plans for lunch, so she felt just a bit awkward.
(Hmmm... I think I might have seen that and actually asked to join before...)

Sacha was about to respond to Chihiro, but Phoenixheart apparently had a very similar idea in mind. He nodded, briefly pretending to play an air piano to hopefully jog his memory of the music he'd forced upon him earlier. He turned and headed for the door while hardly waiting for a response, checking over his shoulder to make sure he hadn't lost them.
Adriana Cade (played anonymously) Topic Starter

(Alright I think I might join I'm just gonna make a new character real fast)

Chihiro watched as Sacha walked towards the door of the classroom. He assumed that he was in a rush to get at his lunch, but he took the glance towards his and phoenix's direction as an invitation to follow to follow him. He put on his backpack and walked in his direction.

Phoenixheart tilted her head and gave Sacha a curious look as he looked over his shoulder at her and Chihiro. Realization struck that he was waiting for both of them and she walked towards him.

Assured that the two were following him, Sacha made a beeline for the lunch room. The line wasn't too long by the time they got there, and Sacha picked up a sandwich and an apple at the salad bar in relatively good time for the second day of school. Instead of finding a table, he waited by the hall entrance for his two friends so he could show them to the band room. He had spent the day before figuring out the map of the school, after all.

Chihiro picked up some lunch from the cafeteria and followed Sacha back into the hallway. He brought out the school map he was given with his schedule and realized they were probably being lead to the band room. He looked back to check that Phoenixheart was still following them. "So what instruments do you play?" he asked her.

Phoenixheart got her lunch from the cafeteria and followed Sacha and Chihiro to the band room, or at least what she hoped would be the band room. She was excited to hopefully be able to practice. She became a bit lost in her thoughts as she followed, but snapped out of them with a bit of a jolt at the sudden question posed by Chihiro. She answered a bit shyly "W-well, I'm kinda teaching myself to play acoustic guitar at the moment... other than that, no other instruments... I mostly write, draw and read..." she realized that she had started to ramble a bit and rubbed the back of her neck a bit awkwardly "Sorry... I kinda started rambling there..."

Sacha lead them to the band room, eating his apple on the way so he could quickly wash his hands in the drinking fountain outside the room. One of the band teachers was wandering the hall, but he seemed to faintly recognize Sacha and didn't stop him. Though he occasionally nodded along beforehand, he didn't seem to pay much attention to Phoenixheart and Chihiro's conversation once he saw the two pianos nested in the corner of the room, and he quickly claimed one with the binder full of music, flipping it open to his part of the song he'd thrown at Chihiro earlier.

He started plunking out some scales and chords, eventually looking over at the other two again as he continued.

"Oh no, it's fine, I play the guitar too." Chihiro insisted to her "You should play for us sometime; I bet you're really good." On their way to the band room, they came across a teacher who seemed to let them pass as soon as he recognized Sacha. Once inside, the satyr brought out some sheet music and began playing what Chihiro recognized as the other half of the piece he'd been given earlier. He took out his own copy from his bag and made his way to the other piano.

Chihiro had been good at the piano once. He used to be able to play whole songs after reading through their notes a few times. Although he'd been looking through the Debussy piece during some of his previous classes, his lack of practice was going to be working against him. Despite his sudden nerves, Chihiro shook his hands a bit and finally began playing. He was hesitant at first, fingers tripping over themselves to get to keys that were further apart. Eventually, years of muscle memory kicked in and he was able to catch up to Sacha.

Phoenixheart nodded when Chihiro suggested that she play for him and Sacha at some point. She liked the idea of being able to show someone what she had taught herself. She then followed Sacha and Chihiro into the band room and found a chair to sit down in so she could listen to them play together. While she was listening to them and enjoying the music, she noticed that an acoustic guitar was right next to the chair she was sitting in, so she hesitantly picked it up and examined it while Sacha and Chihiro played.

((Sorry about the wait! I got busy ^^;))

Sacha looked over at Phoenixheart briefly, noting that she'd found her own instrument. Maybe he could find something all three of them could play? That would take some digging, considering all he owned was piano music.

Speaking of piano, that was essentially all there was to Sacha. It was the only thing he really cared about, much more than anything school or extracurricular activities could teach him. He already knew what he was going to do with his life, so why should he care about mathematics when he could be looking over his latest music? He'd certainly been practicing the piece, and he glided through a few measures he'd been looking at recently before stopping and looking at Chihiro. He did say he hadn't played in a while, but he was still pretty good. Sacha stood and took his binder before walking over to the piano and setting a copy of Canon in D in front of Chihiro.

(It's fine :))
Her fingers now itching to practice on the guitar that she had just found, Phoenixheart stood from the chair she was sitting in and quietly said "U-um, I'm gonna go to a practice room to play this guitar so I don't interrupt you two playing" She didn't want to seem rude by just getting up and leaving without saying anything to Sacha and Chihiro and she also didn't want to get in the way of their piano playing with her guitar practicing. She then found her way to one of the soundproof practice rooms and got out some sheet music that she had brought to school with her. It was one of the first songs she had learned to play, having found it with the guitar that was in her library, and she brought it with her everywhere. She started to play, starting out a bit shakily at first, but then eventually getting into the rhythm of the song and she started to sing as she played.
(The Song She's Playing)

(Don't worry about it!)

Chihiro was handed another piece of sheet music by Sacha, which he immediately regognized as he read the title. "Oh, this song! This was in Princess Diaries 2!" he exclaimed, suddenly a bit giddy. "You've got the piano covered, right?" he turned to Sacha, "I think I have a better idea." He moved towards the part of the room where the rest of the instruments were stored and dragged out a double bass. He wasn't very tall, so he figured he must have looked a bit ridiculous next to the huge instrument. Nevertheless he sat himself down on a chair near his friends, instrument in tow. "I can play this song on the double bass."

It appeared that Chihiro liked this song much more than Debussy. He even took out another instrument, a double bass that had been perched on a stand in the corner of the room. Sacha nodded to Chihiro, then took the sheet music and left the room. While it was the piano part, it still had the chords written above the music, so he figured Phoenixheart could play it as well. He found the practice room she was in, tossed the door open, and set the music down in front of her before leaving.

Sacha stepped into the band room again and seated himself at the piano he'd claimed for himself. He gave Chihiro a precautionary glance before turning to the keys, sitting quietly for a second before picking up one hand and beginning to play the slow beginning of the song.

Chihiro was making sure the bass was tuned when he heard Sacha throw open the door to Phoenixheart's practice room. He curiously craned his neck a bit to check if she had followed him out. Once he sat himself back at the piano, Sacha gave Chihiro a look to tell him that he was about to start playing. After making sure that the instrument was properly tuned, he placed his hand on its neck and began the song. His hands glided against the surface of the instrument, so much more deft at fretting and drawing a bow than pressing keys. The two instruments seemed to complement each other effortlessly. Chihiro looked up proudly at his friend as he was playing.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » New High School! (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus