Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » New High School! (open)

Phoenixheart Hiro (played by Gab)

Phoenixheart tilted her head a bit in confusion as Sacha signed something else to her. The book she had read last night contained the alphabet and a few useful phrases to know, but she couldn't figure out what he was signing to her. She shook her head, indicating that she didn't know what Sacha had signed, and got out yet another piece of paper and wrote 'The book I read had some phrases, but not that one... what does it mean?' She was genuinely curious as she liked to learn new things and she thought that it may come in handy to have learned a few languages, including sign language. She then made sure the teacher wasn't looking before flicking the new paper over to Sacha.
Sacha (played anonymously)

Sacha checked the new piece of paper. 'Do you know sign language?' he wrote out. He looked up at the teacher, who was busy making new assignments at his desk after he'd told the class they had some time to start working on their packets. A few groups of students had formed, naturally. 'You can talk to me. I don't think the teacher cares.' he added under the first note. He took the note and his packet and walked over to Phoenixheart, handing her the note before opening the packet so it at least looked like he was doing what he was supposed to.

Phoenixheart had pulled out her packet to make it look like she was at least attempting the work when the teacher announced for the students to use the time to work on their packets. She had noticed that a few groups of students had formed and that Sacha was also walking over to her with his packet and the note she had passed him. When he handed her the note, she read it and smiled a bit as she turned to Sacha and said "Huh, so that's what it meant... I'm not too good with sign language, but I think it could be pretty useful to learn... as well as some other languages... the book was fairly good in helping me learn some sign language, but it wasn't too much." realizing, she was rambling, she replied a bit awkwardly "s-sorry, I tend to ramble when I'm nervous or excited..."

Sacha nodded, taking back the note and jotting down another message while he listened to her talk. 'My mom teaches sign language at the elementary school.' it said. He set his pencil down and thought for a moment. Then, he held up his hand and signed out the letters to 'Letters,' drawing a question mark in the air afterwards.
jinxx (played by Panicpilot)

(can i join ?)

After she was done, Phoenixheart noticed that Sacha had written something new on the paper, so she she read what he had written. She smiled and replied "She does?Cool!" She then noticed that Sacha was now signing something else to her. After thinking for a moment, she asked "'Letters?'? What do you mean by that?" Her head tilted slightly and she gave Sacha a curious look.

Sacha paused. Right, he eliminated too much context. That was the annoying bit with just having letters; things got long-winded fast. 'Use them,' he signed out, making sure to go slowly enough that he figured she could understand. If she thought sign language was interesting, he certainly wasn't going to miss an opportunity to use it.
Adriana Cade (played anonymously) Topic Starter

(jinxx you can join!) Adriana realized that the person behind her was passing a note and quickly grabbed it sliding it into her binder, she opened it and read the note then grabbed a red pen and swiftly wrote on the note, 'Yeah, I'm fine thanks just a little out of it today.' Adriana looked behind her and asked the kid to pass the note back to Chihiro

Phoenixheart noticed that a few students were starting to stare at her wings and shifted a bit uncomfortably in her seat. She then noticed that Sacha was now signing something else out to her. After a little bit, it registered with her what he was signing and she replied "O-oh, you were asking if I used the letters in sign language?"

Sacha nodded. That was close enough. He found another M&M in his pocket and chucked it at one of the students staring at Phoenixheart's wings. The kid let out an annoyed "Hey!" causing the teacher to throw Sacha a warning glance, which he ignored. He did look away, however.

Phoenixheart saw Sacha nod and responded "um, well I haven't really had a chance to sign the letters yet, so no... but I would like to try at some point..." She then saw Sacha get another M&M and throw it at a student who was staring at her wings, causing the kid to become annoyed, but also end up looking away. "U-um, thanks... I just get a bit uncomfortable when there's a lot of attention on me..." she said a bit quietly to Sacha.
Chihiro Tenji (played by ChaiT)

The student who Chihiro had asked to pass his note for him was now handing it back. He read what Adriana had written and began to scribble something beside the text- a silly cartoon of himself giving a thumbs up with 'stay strong' written at the side. He looked up from his handiwork and noticed that the class had essentially split into smaller groups to answer their packets. He gathered the things on his desk and approached Sacha and Miss Wings were sitting beside each other, giving Adriana his note as he passed her.

"Do you mind if I join you guys?" He asked them.

Phoenixheart heard a voice and turned towards it to see the boy who had greeted her in the hall earlier before the hoodie incident with Sacha. She smiled a bit shyly and replied "I-it's fine by me." She hoped that the boy wasn't just wanting to join so he could bug her about any questions about her wings as she didn't really like all the attention that her wings had drawn already. He looked pretty friendly, however, and she didn't want to seem rude so she decided that she would give him a chance and let him join.

Sacha shrugged; he mainly threw the M&M because he found it amusing to bother people. He was about to respond, but Chihiro had come over to join them. He looked over at Phoenixheart before nodding at him and scooting over to allow him into the space of the conversation. He began idly signing the alphabet to Phoenixheart while doodling an elephant in the answer space of the packet.
Adriana Cade (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Adriana opened the note and laughed before tucking it into her pocket and heading towards a group up near the front of the class.

"Thanks", Chihiro moved one of the empty seats closer to the pair. He turned to Sacha and nudged his arm, "hey, do you have any more M&M's?"

Phoenixheart smiled again at the boy as he said thanks and replied "No problem. " She shot a few kids who were still staring at her wings annoyed glares. The unwanted and unneeded attention was really starting to get on her nerves. It annoyed her how many of the students didn't even try to conceal their staring. She wasn't some sideshow attraction and she didn't appreciate how the students were acting like she was. She attempted to actually focus on the packet, but ended up doodling random pictures on it while watching Sacha sign the alphabet to her.

Sacha indeed had more M&Ms. He took out a small bag and handed it to Chihiro, but not before taking one more out and nailing another nosy kid between the eyes with it. It was clear they were making Phoenixheart nervous, and if he could both throw things at them and defend her, well, that was just an added bonus. The kid glared at him, and looked like he was going to retort, but turned away before he did. Going back to his work, he started signing out the letters to the question he was "working" on to Phoenixheart.

Chihiro grinned as Sacha nailed some kid with an M&M because they were staring at the winged girl. "Thanks, man" He snorted, and accepted the small bag of chocolates. Sacha turned back to the redhead and started signing to her. Chihiro marveled at how he somehow managed to befriend (he hopes?) someone who's main method of communication was through sign language and miscellaneous projectiles.

"Hey, I just realized I still don't know your name" he said to the girl, after Sacha to finished signing "I'm Chihiro, by the way. You?"

Phoenixheart gave Sacha a quick, grateful smile. She knew that he may have been throwing those M&Ms at the kids mostly to annoy them, but she was still thankful that it had gotten the kids to stop staring. She saw Sacha was signing out a question from the packet to her, so she signed back the answer that she had gotten back to him once he was done signing. She then replied to the boy who had now introduced himself as Chihiro "Oh, um, I'm Phoenixheart."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » New High School! (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus