Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » New High School! (open)

Sacha (played anonymously)

Sacha made a quiet growl, shaking his head to get his hair to fall back into its usual ordered mess. He waved at Phoenixheart, then Chihiro, and went back to his piano. He wouldn't be surprised if the whole school staff had already been warned of his "errant" behavior by his parents, so he figured none of them would mind him skipping. After they'd been told about him, they certainly couldn't expect him to come to class on a regular basis, could they? Sacha found it easier for everyone if he simply lived up to expectations, rather than pulling a surprise and gaining some sense of responsibility to his classes he never had before.

He played his new friends out with a funeral march.

((Do you guys want to skip to after school or another class?))
Phoenixheart Hiro (played by Gab)

(Hmmmmmm... idk really... maybe after school since this one has gone on for a while... though I'll at least skip to another class...)
Phoenixheart made her way to her math class and sat down a few seconds before the bell that signaled the start of class rang. Just as she suspected, as soon as she entered the room and sat down, all of the students stared at her wings. She shifted uncomfortably in her seat and sent glares to the gawking students. She had hoped that they would be too busy paying attention to the lecture to stare at her wings, but apparently they found her wings to be more worth paying attention to. The teacher either didn't notice or didn't care that all the attention was on the young phoenix in the room and was continuing with the lecture as if every student was paying attention to it. Phoenixheart attempted to pay attention to the lecture even with all the unwanted attention on her and practically bolted out of the room when the bell rang.
Chihiro Tenji (played by ChaiT)

(I'm skipping to the end of the day!)

The rest of Chihiro's school day went by uneventfully. Well, uneventful except for when some kid in art spilled a tin of paint on his pant leg. Now he was walking towards the main hallway, a paint stain on his favorite pair of jeans and wholly done with the day. Chihiro wanted nothing more than to head home and pass out on his bed. But before he made his way home, he decided to drop by the music room to check if Sacha or Phoenixheart was there.

(Alright then! ^u^)
Phoenixheart's day was also fairly uneventful. She went to the rest of her classes and had a repeat of what happened during her math class. The students would stare at her wings and she would attempt to ignore them and pay attention to the teacher. The staring made her uncomfortable and she had eventually removed her hoodie and tied the sleeves of it around her waist. After the final bell rang, she decided to head to her locker really quick before going to the band room to practice the guitar a bit more and maybe meet back up with Sacha and Chihiro before heading home. She opened her locker to find a note written in a handwriting she didn't recognize that read 'Go back to wherever you came from you freak!' She sighed and ripped the paper up before throwing it away. She sort of expected something like that to be there. A few students in a few of her classes were staring at her with clear disdain. It still stung however, so, with the hurtful note now gone, Phoenixheart headed to the band room attempting to hide the hurt expression on her face.

Sacha at least had the decency to go to one of his classes, a music theory elective he'd chosen that didn't even require him to leave the presence of the pianos. He decided he liked that one, and when he was given a sheet of homework, he actually completed it, albeit during the time he should've been in his last class of the day.

Sacha was back at the piano when his two friends returned. He played them in with a light, happy chord progression, which he quickly transitioned to a minor key upon catching the expression on Phoenixheart's face. He raised an eyebrow, curious as to what had ruined her mood.

Phoenixheart saw that Sacha had noticed her hurt expression and seemed curious about it, so she managed a shaky smile and said "I-I'm fine... it's just some jerk left a stupid note in my locker calling me a freak... it's not that bad of an insult, but it still stings..." She honestly didn't know why she was being so open and honest around Sacha and Chihiro. She knew that if it was anyone else, she would have just said "I'm fine" hid behind a fake smile, and left it at that. Perhaps it was because Sacha and Chihiro were also visibly non-human that she had felt comfortable enough to tell them what was happening.

Chihiro chose this exact moment to finally arrive at the band room. From what he had heard, he wasn't the only one who was having a bad day. Although it was obvious that Phoenixheart's problem was much deeper than a ruined outfit. "Uh, hey guys" he said to no one in particular. "Are you sure you're okay?" he then said specifically to Phoenixheart. He wasn't exactly sure how to comfort her, despite their nonhuman traits being fairly similar. The most he'd gotten from his old classmates were a few raised eyebrows and wary glances. It was hard for him to imagine someone here could be so needlessly cruel.

It took a little while for Sacha to realize that him continuing to play piano was probably inappropriate and to stop. He stood up and headed over to where the other two were talking.'Who was it?' Sacha signed letter-by-letter to Phoenixheart. If he found out who it was, there would no doubt be a satyr constantly bothering that kid for the rest of the school year.

Phoenixheart nodded in response to Chihiro's question towards her. It wasn't anything she couldn't get over with a little time and maybe a bit of guitar playing. She then noticed that Sacha had approached her and Chihiro and was now signing something to her. After a bit, it registered what he was signing and she replied "I don't know... the note wasn't in a handwriting that I recognize and I didn't see who put the note in my locker... it was already in there when I opened it and I ripped up the note and threw it away afterwards."

Sacha signed something to Phoenixheart, which Chihiro could only assume translated to a question about the culprit. Much to Chihiro's dismay, Phoenixheart not only didn't know who made the note, but also destroyed the evidence. Unsure of what to do, he gave her a hesitant pat on the shoulder . "If that happens again, keep the note" Chihiro said, a slightly malicious glint flashing across his face, "I promise we'll help you find out who did it". He turned his glance back to Sacha, "On a lighter note, what time are you guys planning to leave? I heard the staff talking about closing up this wing of the school pretty early."

Phoenixheart nodded in response to Chihiro saying to keep the note if it ever happened again. She hoped that it wouldn't happen again. The words on the paper stung and she didn't want to have to report it to the staff if the problem got too bad. She smiled slightly when Chihiro promised to help find the culprit. She didn't really want other people to fight her battles for her, but it comforted her a bit to know that there were people who were willing to help if she needed it. She then responded to Chihiro's question with "Well, I was thinking about maybe practicing for about thirty minutes before heading home..."

Sacha thought for a moment; he didn't know anyone in the school well enough yet to fire a guess at who would write such a note to Phoenixheart. He shrugged, perking up a little when she mentioned practice. Practice was always good, especially if it involved instruments. He looked around the room a moment, spotting the whiteboard with music theory stuff written on it. 'My parents will want me home soon, but I can stay.' he wrote out in a blue marker, thinking that was much too long to try and spell.

Chihiro nodded in response, then headed to the pile of instruments at the back of the room. "My dad's probably gonna be home a bit late today, so I have time spare." He dug up a set of musical bells that he didn't know how to use, but he figured he had enough knowledge of which notes sound good together to mess around with them, "However, I'm in the mood to just pass out on my bed the moment I get home, so I'll be heading out pretty soon too."

Phoenixheart watched as Sacha wrote on the board with a marker. She nodded in understanding in response to what he had written and what Chihiro had said while also going and getting the acoustic guitar that she had found earlier. She had made sure the guitar was tuned correctly before waiting to see what music either of the boys had in mind to play. While she waited, she strummed out "American Pie" by Don McLean and softly sang along as she played. She knew the chords by heart by now since it was the first song she had ever learned to play. She didn't really have to worry about anyone getting mad at her for getting home late as she lived by herself, but she didn't want to stay too long as she wanted to have some time to work on an assignment that she had gotten as well as rest.

Chihiro would try accompanying the song that his friend was currently singing to, but he was having way too much fun playing Overture to William Tell on the rainbow-colored musical bells. He had arranged the tiny instruments on the teacher's desk and was hopping to and fro in order to hit them to the quick pace of the actual song.

...Did he say he was tired? Well, he guessed he just had to deal with it.
baliey (played by Lararebear)

(may i join?)

Sacha didn't mind listening to Phoenixheart play American Pie -- she was pretty good, and he'd heard the song an odd couple times over to radio -- but classical music always won over the satyr's ears. He looked at Chihiro for a moment, not bothering to hide a quiet snicker at how funny he looked running back and forth between the bells, then walked over to the piano and joined him in playing out the melody. It was an orchestra piece, sure, but it was popular enough that he still knew the melody.

Not a minute later, Sacha's phone that resided crammed into the pocket of his binder began buzzing with a call. He immediately stopped playing, pulled it out of the pocket, and after one glance, turned around on the piano bench and gave it a pitcher's throw all the way across the band room. Upon impact with the leg of a xylophone stand, the phone was no longer buzzing.

((I don't want to usurp Adriana's leadership, but seeing as she hasn't responded in a while I'll go and say sure why not?))

Phoenixheart paused in her playing when she noticed the two boys were now playing a song she didn't recognize. After listening for a moment, she decided to try and join in, improvising the best she could. It didn't really sound like an acoustic guitar piece, but she still wanted to try it. She paused again when she saw Sacha pull a cellphone out of his binder pocket and then throw it across the room. She looked at Sacha curiously, wondering why he threw it. Weren't phones expensive? Phoenixheart didn't have her own phone because she never really found a need for one, so she was curious why Sacha would break his own phone.

Chihiro caught a phone sailing across the room in his peripheral vision. It crashed right into the xylophone stand and he could almost feel his own phone retreating further into his back pocket in fear. He stopped playing for a moment and stepped in front of the teacher's desk and closer to Sacha. "Hey, everything alright?" Chihiro coaxed his friend, although he knew he was hardly the best at comforting people. Phones, regardless of model, were never cheap after all; there had to be a damn good reason to send one flying.

((same. go for it, baliey))

With the sudden lack of background noise, Sacha was startled by Chihiro speaking and jumped, nearly falling off the edge of the piano bench. He took a moment to collect himself and, trying to pretend as though nothing that big had happened, calmly stood among walked over to the landing spot of his phone. He picked up the phone, then the back of the phone, the battery, and kicked a few odd shards that had dislodged themselves from what had already been a spiderweb of a screen. He fitted the pieces together and prayed that it would work.

Miraculously, it started up. A minute later, and it was ringing again. It was just his parents, probably wondering where he was; he didn't need to freak out like that. Still Sacha didn't answer, sliding the ignore button while trying to to slice his finger on the screen or give into the temptation to just chuck it across the room again.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » New High School! (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus