Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » We Unlucky Few | CLOSED

Sol (played by soulfire14)

As he was walking away, Sol heard The Hanged Man call out to him. He stopped and turned to face him as he smiled.
"I believe you could be right, Lost Soldier, as I feel as if something is strangely odd about this place... Very well, you may come." H e said to the man, gesturing for him to follow as he waited for him to catch up.
Carabia (played by Robyn)

Crimson gaze blinks away in downright surprise -- for a second time, no less! She strikes Aya as fascinating? Well then! It seems she visibly relaxes after that response. "I am glad you think so!" The young lady offers with just the hint of cheery laughter, hit with the incoming feels once the King answers in turn. Honoured? Flattered would truly be a grand understatement. "Why thank you, that is incredibly kind of you to think so." In truth, she has only ever met two others who share such heritage. A warmer smile now reaches her eyes, beyond relieved. It would have been such a shame had they panicked or worse, insisted she move on. It's the go-to response in most places!

In any case, the growing group of perched birds soon takes her focus. "May I join you? I had no idea any animals remained." The question directed to both King Sol, as well as Hangy. The black lion even rises in order to stand, as though he understood Carabia's hope to move elsewhere. A gloved hand slips beneath the strap of her satchel, adjusting the bag's weight comfortably. The very same hand soon lowers, fingers running through Dembala's mane thoughtfully. Like Hangy, she too draws away from the fire. Patiently waiting for their answer before attempting to fall in step at their sides. If there are birds gathering, perhaps there is hope that other animals have remained.

"Of course, all may come who chooses to do so!" He said happily while grinning.
Aya watched them leave, looked back up at the birds that gathered, then to the burning building, and back down to Ver, remaining with him so far. "Crows go where war goes, huh?" she said thoughtfully, kicking the ground and fiddling with her divine symbol hanging from her neck. "Carrion birds." Her spoken thoughts remained mostly incomplete. She reasonably had hope that carrion - either from war or otherwise - would not be a concern here. She took a deep sigh.
"Fighting is always a possible reality as much as it is nice to avoid it. Death too. I hope they do not find danger in their search for more... eh... survivors I guess? Really! What in the name of the horizon happened here? How does a whole town's worth of people just vanish? I wonder if this is a secluding thing, or if it's happened everywhere." Aybilla looked to the sky as she began rambling her thoughts now.
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

The Hanged Man bowed deeply when Sol allowed him to follow, and fell into step behind the man. "I-I thank you kindly." As they departed, he finally looked up to see the crows gathering on the rooftops, but he made no comment. Crows go where war goes ... or where I go. Is there any difference?

As they strode through the empty streets, the Hanged Man kept his eyes open for signs of life.
Verlin Calder (played by koroni) Topic Starter

Ver remained silent throughout most of the conversation, apparently not caring much about Carabia's race. He'd been around quite a lot and had met quite an assortment of different people. Besides, the fire was raging on and beams were beginning to crumble, it was difficult to keep the flyaway embers in check.
"One option," he said to Aybilla, "is that we are the only people left in the world - perhaps, besides other survivors. Theoretically, that means there's no danger. But when strange things like this happen, it isn't too far-fetched to assume that something else happened, is it?" He glances over his shoulder in the direction the three of them went, glad that nobody was left alone.

She cannot help but beam brighter now, so very grateful that the gentlemen approve of her joining. She casts them all a brighter smile, pace quickening in order to catch up. "Thank you." The wide satchel swings lightly by one hip, loyal lion walking along at the young lady's side as always. Now regardless of who she may end up walking with specifically, the curious gaze slips away to lock ahead, thinking aloud. "I fear it has happened everywhere. Tanbarune, my homeland is far from here. Not only did the citizens vanish there, but I sadly didn't see anyone until I stumbled across this fire." There is just a touch of sadness lingering across these spoken words, truly scared for not only those living in Tanbarune, but all those who have appeared to disappear without a trace. There are just too many possible-causes to begin hunting without any lead. "Just seeing a few birds gives me hope, thankfully." At this her smile returns, for it'll help a great deal if they can hunt at a later time. Surely, this abandoned village has food regardless.

(Hey Carabia, I could be wrong, but I think Ver and Aya stayed behind to watch the fire :))

The Hanged Man wrote:
(Hey Carabia, I could be wrong, but I think Ver and Aya stayed behind to watch the fire :))

(Ooh, they did? Definitely misread - my bad, everyone! Post has been tweaked. Apologies for interrupting. ^^)

Sol listened to Carabia thoughtfully he tried to come up with any explination at all for what had happened here. His gaze swept through the empty strrets of the desolate village, making it hard to imagining that people had once talked and laughed in the now very empty cobblestones in which they now walked.
"I feel dark magic could be at play here." He said to the two after Carabia had finished. "I'm not sure why, but something just feels... wrong... here." He said, fidgeting with his sword nervously, the mirror blade reflecting the fire back behind them.

"I believe we should probably try to find food if not any other people, don't you agree?" He said, as he was getting rather hungry himself.

The Hanged Man allowed the two royals to speak and walk side by side, while he took up the rear. This permitted him to occasionally look Sol over, hopefully without being noticed. It could be him, he thought. It was strange to feel this way again, full of bright hope. But he knew it was too early to tell for sure, and he had to temper his childish excitement lest he be crushed by reality. After all, he didn't feel the burning ley magic around the king, which would have been a telltale sign.

"Worry not, lord," the Hanged Man said as Sol expressed his concern. "I shall protect you both." Mention of food made the soldier bow his head in agreement, though he said nothing else. Meanwhile, as if drawn by Carabia's words, two of the crows from the roof took off and followed the trio. They alighted on the top of a haberdasher's stall just ahead--it was still full of hats, as if the haberdasher had left in a hurry--and simply watched.
The cleric nodded to Ver "That's what I imagine is true as well. Whatever happened, happened for a reason. With people from other locations coming here I suppose that is evidence enough that this has happened everywhere." she looked down at her feet "It kind of makes me sad. If they went to a better place, I feel unfortunate for not going with them. But of course if something horrible happened..." she thought of the friends she had met and grown fond of over the years, and her family so far away, then shook her head to rid herself of the thought. Maybe some survived, but here and now is what mattered at the moment, and looked of from the ground.
"I don't know if there is a fair way we can consider ourselves lucky, but maybe there is a good chance we can seize here. Think of the possibilities. For example, gathering everyone together into one united civilization!" Ayabilla smiled. Optimistic? Sure! Possible? Maybe! Her stomach growled. "Eh. Maybe small things first though. Find people, assess the danger, and...." She propped her staff between her arm and body as she pulled a satchel around to pull out half of a loaf of bread she had saved from her dinner the night before. "...Food! It's not much, but are you hungry too, Ver?" she went to split the loaf, then stopped. Thinking. "Hmmm, altogether there is five of us. Should we make sure we can find more good food first?" she questioned Ver for his input.

Ver just nodded grimly, especially at the mention of the whereabouts of everyone else in the world. "To build a new civilization... I hope it won't come to that." He turned to grind at her. "We may have a king among us but I'm more of a warrior than a leader." He turned again to raise his eyebrows at the food. "Save it for the others. My rations should last for a while yet. Save it in general, for as long as possible. ... I wonder if we could stop by home for more supplies. You know, reduce the amount of theft."

I accidentally quoted my post except editing it and now I can't get rid of this second one sorry!!
Assortment wrote:
Is there a way to delete a post on this site aaaa oh no help

(Maybe, edit the post? If I wanted to delete a whole thing I would probably do that and change the post to say something like *deleted for this reason* or something like that. If it's my own post anyway. Mods would probably have to delete any other post. Maybe? Anyone else know more? What post are you wanting to delete?)

She doesn't yet reply immediately. No, it seems the young lady is content to listen as the King offers his own thoughtful response. As if the huge animal at her side senses her worry, he nudges her hip with his wide head. She only reassures by returning her hand to his mane, other gloved hand gently wrapped about the strap upon her satchel. "I feel the same." Carabia agrees with Sol at long last. "It must be dark magics behind such power. I only wish we had some kind of lead, a clue. Anything towards everyone's disappearance."

If so, she could at least investigate to the best of her ability. "Oh, yes. That would definitely be the best plan. Perhaps we could find ourselves a tavern, or even a bakery. This village may have even had a Butcher." She suggests to the pair, head turning enough to look upon Hangy at the sound of his voice. That mention of protection brings an immediate smile to surface. While she feels confident in her fighting abilities, Hangy's thoughtful statement is beyond appreciated regardless. It's important to look out for one another, no? "Thank you, Sir. That truly is kind of you." It seems she pays no mind to the birds following along for the moment.
Hi
Aybilla tapped the loaf in her hand. "Theft? It's true that we don't need to be greedy, but these people are gone and we have a need. A few things here or there wouldn't be missed, and better yet wouldn't go to waste. But I see your reason, and it does make sense to wait for a bit." she stowd the loaf again after tearing off a bite-sized piece to pop into her mouth. It'll have to be enough to sate her hunger for now. "Where is 'home' for you?"
Jon edward flame wrote:
Hi

Hello?

Ver frowned, looking back to the fire. "Aybilla, right? Aybilla, the best case scenario of this situation is that we find out what caused this and reverse it to bring everyone back. I'm sure they wouldn't mind being stolen from by their rescuers, but I'm sure it would be inconvenient if you reappeared and, say, found your house burnt down." He ran a hand over his face. "I live in my shop - outside the next town over, barely a day's walk. I didn't think I'd be heading back so soon but I wasn't really ready for something like this.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » We Unlucky Few | CLOSED

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus