Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » We Unlucky Few | CLOSED

(Sorry for the absence, I was away for the weekend, thanks for dragging me along still ^^)

Aybilla was extremely puzzled by the black puddle that turned out to be a portal, and even more so when a man was pulled from it. "Great Horizon! A man!" she exclaimed. Aya saw the need for a healing and wanted to grant it, but Sol beat her to the punch, and dig a good job of it too even with the residual ear-ringing. She was concerned when she saw him thrash, but relief came when he spoke. He was still filthy but so far seemed he would be fine. She turned and shook her head trying to ride her ears of the ringing, and saw a new comer who had joined their ranks.
"Oh, look here!" she held her staff up, and took in the girl's dirty and bloody dress, her red hair, her wings. "Another surprise. Are you friend or foe, friend?"
Phoenixheart Hiro (played by Gab)

Phoenixheart, stepped back just a bit, ready to run if need-be when she saw a woman wielding a staff notice her. Small traces of fear and concern were evident in her red and green eyes as she answered a bit meekly "u-um friend". She silently cursed herself for being so fearful as it seemed these people meant no harm as long as she didn't mean any harm to them.
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

For now, the Hanged Man ignored Phoenix--it was possible he hadn't even noticed her arrival, though it seemed that little escaped him. As he recovered from his daze and Brolin began to thrash, the swordsman rolled him onto his side. Being in the splash zone, however, he was subject to some splatter--yet he had weathered sick drunks and sick soldiers and drunk soldiers and plenty more, and it phased him little. "G-get it out, then," he murmured as the Irishman finished his upheaval. Green eyes narrowed when Brolin's mitts fell all over his burlap-covered shield, but he waited patiently for some kind of explanation ... not that the half-drowned fellow would even be able to provide one.
"Good choice." Aya smiled, lowered her staff, and approached her, looking once over her shoulder at the others surrounding the strange new man.
The cleric held out her hand in greeting. She studied the girl again, noticing her split eye colors. They seemed to be gathering all sorts of unique people today. "I am Aybilla, cleric blessed by the god of travel. We have all been looking for any other survivors, so I'm glad you found us. Though why we are calling them survivors we really don't know, because we don't know what has happened yet, and now there is a portal to boot... Oh!" Aybilla had started rambling as was her tendency to do when stressed "I wonder if that yell-type noise, the portal and the disappearances are all connected. Did you hear the noise? It wasn't too long ago." She shrugged and gestured to the blood and dirt "What happened to you? Looks like you had a rough go. Come join us, there is strength in numbers. You can tell everyone your name and story along with this burly fellow."

Phoenixheart hesitantly shook the woman's hand and listened as the woman rambled about the groups situation. Phoenixheart then shook her head when asked if she had heard the noise and when inquired about what happened to her, she looked down at herself as if noticing her appearance for the first time. She then nodded and hesitantly followed the woman back to the group of people when the woman invited her to do so.
Verlin Calder (played by koroni) Topic Starter

Ver didn't manage to get all the way away from the vomit in time, though it was probably fortunate that it only reached his boot. That and the flash, in rapid succession, caused him to teeter and fall back. He pushed himself away from Brolin, looking dismayed at his boot. "Dear Gods, I'm still not sure I believe you're alive. I mean no offense, but you don't look it." His smile was wary.
He quickly spared a glance to Aybilla and Phoenixheart, adding nothing but a, "Hi," to their conversation, apparently a bit preoccupied.
Carabia (played by Robyn)

Whew! What an exhausting little chapter they have found themselves within. Shoulders rise to immediately release a sigh of relief, yet this is indeed halted soon. For Dembala, the black lion stood behind her grabs a mouthful of the formal green gown between either wing, yanking her backwards and free from the vomits' reach. How very kind. The young lady lands upon her bootay with a surprised gasp, now sat between either of Dembala's enormous paws with his head above her own.

But, wait..That voice. It couldn't be! Crimson hues widen quickly, rosy lips parted yet again. "Mister..Brolin?!" Even her voice rises slightly higher, if only so the fellow may hear her above all other chatter. Tis' around this time that crimson hues dance quickly to everyone else present, this new and nervous addition of Phoenix included. "I know him!" No shiz, Sherlock. "We met in the city of Eileadora.."
Aya smiled again at their new friend as they returned to the rest of the group together. She looked at the fished-out man with concern, scrunching her nose at the mess. As Cara made her announcement about knowing this man, she looked to her on the ground with surprise.
"Really?! Who is he?"
Sol (played by soulfire14)

Sol stood next to the Hanged Man, watching Browlin gag on the geound before he. He certainly hoped he was ok. He turned back in surprised as Carabia spoke. "Really??" He said in shock. Of course, he had never heard of the strange foreign city.

Phoenixheart quietly observed the people in the group. She wasn't used to being around so many new people at once, so her nerves were a bit on edge. When a white-haired woman announced that she knew who the man who was vomiting earlier was, Phoenixheart said nothing, but tilted her head slightly her eyes wide with curiosity. She always found it useful to put names to faces, no matter who the person may be.

Something in the Hanged Man's head resounded at the name of the city: Eileadora. A name half-remembered, as if it were lived in another life, and his life had been plenty long already. He cleared his throat and finally noticed Phoenix. The Hanged Man was quite a sight, armored and cloaked with sunken green eyes that seemed lifeless at times. He stared at her a moment, then attempted an ugly smile which was warped on the left side, before returning his attention to Brolin and Carabia.

She manages to offer all several quick nods of her head, the over enthusiasm present given her own shock. This single gesture enough to bounce every ivory ringlet still loose around her frame. "I do, yes!" She confirms to everyone. While she expects him to possibly slap her hand away, one hand gloved within white slowly rises, hoping to land it upon his shoulder reassuringly. Clearly, she cares not regarding dirtying the formal attire. There are far bigger things to focus energies on given such circumstances! "I apologise, I know very little about him. I remember that he introduced himself as Mister Brolin, but it has been years.." It has at least been years for Carabia, however. Why that only makes sense given the young ruler's age in comparison to their first meeting. Crimson gaze drifts back towards Phoenix. "Pardon my delay, Miss. I am Princess Carabia Devereux of Tanbarune. But, Carabia is just fine." Despite Brolin's unexpected and confusing arrival, she does her very best to cast Phoenix a warm and even reassuring smile.

Phoenixheart's eyes widened slightly as the white-haired woman introduced herself as a princess. She had never met a princess in her sixteen years of life. Granted, she hadn't met too many other living beings besides the animals in the forest where she lived, but she had never expected that she would meet any form of royalty in her lifetime. She shyly smiled back as the woman cast her a warm and reassuring smile and replied a bit quietly "U-um, I'm Phoenixheart" Her wings fluttered slightly and she rubbed the scar that ran the length of her right forearm as if to comfort herself.
Brolin (played anonymously)

His request for a moment to collect himself seemed like it would be the only words they'd get out of Brollie, who seemed content enough varying his glance between Phoenix and Hangy's strange interaction. For whatever reason, that forced smile from the armor clad soldier to the new arrival held his interest up until Cara's gloved hand rest on his dirty shoulder.

"..Of all t'ings born of 'appenstance.." He'd remark in visible awe, new found life in limps scrambling palms over shield to push himself to his feet. Briefly, fingers searched the inside of Hangy's shield for the possibility of a hidden weapon in the lining- but Brolin did well to disguise the motion as simply searching for grip and the endeavor was quickly stopped. "Li'l Cara!" Dirty hands made motion at her face as if to pinch cheeks, but he refrained dirtying the girl or agitating her familiar.

"Blood o' Christ, last I laid eye's on this devil she was none bigga' 'n the rabbit she favoured!" He'd laugh and speak to the group, briefly looking at her new choice of pet. "Musta' died.." He'd shrug and digress, watching Ver's expression to the soiled boots. "Apologies fer th' mess.. if'n it's any consolation I think I'm the worse off." Sentence punctuated by Brolin gripping at his shoulder length hair and wringing out a stream of vile.

Curiously, he'd make no effort to introduce himself or even confirm his name and origin.

"Don' suppose you keep a pair o' trousers handy, do ya' beautiful eyes?" He'd call out to Hangy, making moves to pass him his shield back although ankle shackles made it a slow ordeal. "From 'ere looks like we's the same height giv'n or take."

Her once narrowed crimson hues appear to light up, for her relieved smile reaches her gaze with such ease. "I am so grateful you remember!" A soft laugh flows past smiling lips, fully expecting him to pinch at her still-rounded cheeks when he halts himself instead. Clearly she doesn't mind a little dirt, for Tinali only knows how messy this group's path will surely become regardless. "Died? By the Twins, no! This is him." It's now that she reaches above her own head, patting Dembala's massive nose several times. "He is a Familiar, you see. He has three forms." While she doubts he would remember such details, the mighty Lion does indeed share that same black coat as the Bunny did, along with those crimson eyes that match Carabia's own pair.

"But should no one have spare clothing, I am sure there are some among the remaining shops here. There is hardly any harm in picking some up." She reassures him, glancing towards the shackles limiting his movements. "Do you know if those are magical at all?" It's clear that the young Devil is asking with the hope of freeing him from such restraints. Head turns enough to offer Phoenix a rather formal, though friendly bow of her head, manner friendly as always. "Tis' wonderful to meet you, Miss Phoenixheart. I was beginning to worry we would not run into another."
Sol (played by soulfire14)

Sol stood curiously as he watched Mr. Brolin get up and hand the Hanged Man his shield back. He noticed that the shackles were obviously slowing him down. He thought it was probably best to help him out by getting those things off.
"Yes, strange indeed..." He said to himself, turning over to Brolin. "I agree, is there any way we can get those shackles off of your ankles, my good sir?" He called out to him, standing a few steps to the side of the Crow.

Sol turned over to Pheonix, not walking any closer to her in fear that Brolin would need aid, yet he still called out to her.
"Hello! My apologies for a late introduction, and that the first thing you witnessed upon your arrival was a man being pulled out of a mysterious whole. My name is Sol, king of Euratria, and I see you have already met the Princess Carabia. What have thee of your name?"
Verlin Calder (played by koroni) Topic Starter

Ver finally really focused on Phoenixheart when the princess introduced herself. Not the first thing, but near it, that he remarked is how young she was. His gaze softened a bit and with a brief nod, he said, "I'm Ver Calder. Tell me if you need anything."
He brushed some dirt from the back of his jacket, gaze going back to the black pool and then to Brolin's chains. "I could get those off easy if you're okay with a little heat. And holding still a moment."

Phoenixheart shifted a bit uncomfortably where she stood. Though she could tell these people meant no harm, it was a bit unnerving for her to be around new people, not to mention two people of royalty as she had discovered when another man introduced himself as a king. When the man asked her name, she shyly told him what it was.
Brolin (played anonymously)

"An' that.. explains why me dog's wouldn't come near. Always wondered that." He concluded to Car, a bit astonished at the form of her once miniature pet. "Nae, nae.. simple iron." He reassured Cara, jangling his restraints idly. Waiting for a response from Hang, he broke eye contact to face Ver. Features dyed black with slime did little to hide what appeared frustration at the proposal.

"If'n I assume through magick.. then nae." Attention turned to Sol "Which brings me t' this.. howeva' helpful it may be should a spell cast itself on me again.. we're both goin' in that puddle. Ya?"

The Hanged Man kept his eyes on Brolin now, though they narrowed as the scraggly fellow continued to grope his shield. Brolin's quest to find a weapon hidden there was fruitless, as the back of the shield was featureless except a few well-worn leather enarmes and some padding. The once-knight's face broke into a smirk at the name the Irishman came up with for him, but he shook his head. "None I c-could spare, master. Lady Carabia is right--any supplies we need we can acquire from t-town. Suffer for now, and we shall come by some means of bathing, I am sure." He reached for his shield and tucked his arm into the enarmes, making sure Brolin hadn't impaired them somehow. He took a step closer to Sol and kept the shield between the king and the Irishman.

As discussion turns to freeing the fellow from his bonds, the Hanged Man looked down to inspect them for himself. "I could give the chain a-a quick strike with my shield--" Suddenly, he noticed the word, not having heard Sol read it aloud earlier. Though it was just a series of unintelligible scribbles to him, he could tell it was writing. "What does it say?" he asked, gesturing to it with the bottom of his shield.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » We Unlucky Few | CLOSED

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus