Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » We Unlucky Few | CLOSED

Carabia (played by Robyn)

She too noticed the graying of Brolin's hair, though in truth she knew not of his age when they met. A detail sadly looked over without a second thought. Her smile returns as the fellow calls after poor Hangy, finding the pair most amusing indeed. "With this wagon in mind, is there somewhere you wished us to go, Mister Brolin?" She wonders aloud, curious if he had any specific place in mind. A certain baby gorilla soon makes his way down the steps, leaping upwards to glomp onto Carabia's side. While her attention remains on Brolin, both arms wrap around Demmy affectionately. In truth, she is ready to move on from this inn, wishing they had something, anything to investigate.
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

The Hanged Man hesitated at Brolin's vociferous protest, his eyes rolling good-naturedly ... he did, however, permit the man to keep fussing with his buckles, every so often grunting or grumbling when it squeezed him too tightly. Thankfully for Ver, the commotion distinctly sounded like conversation and bustle and not like combat or agony. The Hanged Man wasn't about to go and wake the fellow--nor Nix--until morning came for true. Carabia's question was a good one, and he, too, looked to Brolin for the man's answer. The only option they'd bandied about was going to Ver's shop, but it didn't seem like that would have any answers for them.
Brolin (played anonymously)

Brolin never got the chance to begin fussing more with the buckles, his full audience was gained by noticing Dembalas ape form for the first time.

"Ha! Oh, sh*te - we mus' teach him to deal a han'o cards!" Snickering, snorts and a cough of laughter, he'd break away to cross the room and shout from the kitchen.

"Aye, bare bones t'ough. Pulled everythin' off aside from frame pr'much!"

He'd reappear again with a serving board full of a greasy pork loaf of some sort, voice now even tempered and not as.. deafening. "Grocery 'auler, is all that is." He waved at Dembala, still a bit amazed. He'd never seen a gorilla before. "Built wif' caution t' too much more weight t'an th' lion can pull..." Attention still lost, he looked around frantically.

"Wher'tfak did Sol go?"

With dearest Hangy growing on the quieter side for now, the young lady takes care to cast him a friendly smile, though most attention naturally falls upon Brolin after. The very image of cards within Demmy's fuzzy grasp leaves her smirking immediately, unable to keep laughter bubbling its' way past rosy lips. Even in such hard times, it seems Brolin lightens the mood regardless. "Should we find a deck of cards, you have yourself a deal." Dembala tilts his head towards the fellow in silent question, seemingly oblivious to their playdate later. He at least returns Brolin's wave once the man reappears. How kind! With the sun now lifted, Carabia wonders if the rest of their party will stir. Her lids suddenly widen. "By the Twins..I guessed he returned after switching shifts. Did he not return upstairs?" The question directed towards Hangy now, worry clear within her tone. "I remember him leaving to check outside last night."
Phoenixheart Hiro (played by Gab)

Being the type of girl to always rise early and fall asleep late, Phoenixheart woke up when the first of the sun's rays started to peek through the window of the room she was in. She sat up in the bed with a slight yawn, attempting to get rid of her lingering drowsiness. Deciding that it would be best not to stay in the bed, she got up from the bed and stretched, her wings fluttering slightly with the motion. She then took out the pajamas that she had in the bag and unfolded them to reveal a brush hidden in between them, which she quickly ran through her hair to tame it at least a little. She then put the brush and pajamas back in the bag and re-braided her hair. Although her hair was brushed and braided, a few strands were still loose giving the young phoenix a bit of a wild look.
At the first light, Aybilla stirred. She sleep hadn't been deep but she was rested enough and her eyes popped open. She saw Nix brushing through her hair and braid it again.
"Good morning. I like your hair." she said to her as she stood up and picked up her things to go downstairs. "I'm heading downstairs now, see you soon?" then she left her and went down to the main landing where the others were chatting. She greeted everyone with a quiet good morning, set her stuff down on a table and rummaged through her bag for her simple comb. Finding it, she left through the back to go out to the well to freshen up for the day.
Phoenixheart Hiro (played by Gab)

Phoenixheart smiled shyly in greeting and replied shyly "oh, um, thank you" when Aybilla complimented her hair. She wasn't quite used to getting compliments, having lived alone for a large portion of her life, so this was a bit of a pleasant surprise to her. She then nodded in response to Aya saying she was going to head downstairs and a few minutes later, Phoenixheart also headed downstairs and greeted everyone with a small smile and a quiet "good morning".Although she had felt she had warmed up to the group pretty well, she still felt a bit shy around them.

Despite the conversation at hand, spotting Aya depart to freshen up leaves her nervous. What with Sol's own disappearance, staying in pairs must be best. "I ought to get ready as well. Please excuse me." She casts the gentlemen an apologetic smile, bowing her head before turning away. Her smile warmer as she reaches the well outside. "Good morning, Miss Aya." With a certain baby ape still sat upon her hip, gloveless hands lower to cup water inbetween, gently washing at her face, the back of her neck, as well as that mess of ivory hair. Small splashes simply to wake up for the trying day ahead. "Did you sleep well? I doubt Mister Brolin lay down at all, though he kindly prepared a wagon for us." Carabia uses her long sleeve of that white night-gown to dry her face lightly. While she's ready to head back inside and change, she waits patiently instead, not wishing to leave anyone outside without company.
Verlin Calder (played by koroni) Topic Starter

Fortunately, Ver eventually managed to pull himself up, running his hands over his face and through his hair. He pulled his boots on and picked up his dragonscale jacket from the ground and draped it over his shoulders, fixtures jingling. Instead of putting on his pack or swordbelt, he just gathered both of them in his arms, barely leaving room in his hands to open the door. Without his equipment properly on, and with his loose hair in a terrible bedhead, he didn't look like he belonged in a situation as grave as theirs.
He scratched his stubbled face as he joined most of the group, scanning the ground for his lost hair tie.
Aybilla splashed cool water on her face, and ran some through her hair with her comb to defeat the number of snarls that had collected since the last comb-though.
"Thank you for joining me, Cara." She said as she groomed. "I slept fine, thank you. I hope you did as well. And a wagon sounds very nice. Especially if we are going a long distance. Though I'll be honest the idea seems very overwhelming. I don't even know what to do next. I hope somebody has a viable plan. All I know is that people disappeared, and we didn't. Haven't. Yet. I'm a cleric not a magician, making things disappear and reappear is not in my-" Aybilla just kept rambling. It almost sounded like complaining and her mood was growing progressivly more fowl until she chucked her comb into the well.

Sadly, the young lady remains oblivious of the stirring Ver, if only because she remains outside with Aya, the skies tinted above with morning light. "Oh, you are welcome. Think nothing of it." She smiles gently, only glad that she isn't out here alone. Both eyebrows rise gently as she seems to ramble now, crimson hues lowering to watch the comb disappear within the well below. Dang. "..I know it's..Well, everything is scary. Tis' bad enough for everyone to vanish, but to do so without any trace is just.." Carabia's gaze narrows ever so slightly, a soft sigh completing this odd train of thought instead. "But what matters is that we found one another, no? That means there is hope of others around. But, I doubt answers lie in this town alone. I believe we could find a lead, or anything if we keep exploring. There is no sense in sitting while twiddling our thumbs."
Aybilla listened to Cara's reasoning as she looked into the well for her lost comb. It was there floating on the dark surface of the water. She sighed and looked back up to her friend.
"Ah, Cara, I suppose you're right. And we all survived the night, we may as well do something with the day. Onward ho."
She looked back into the well, held her hand above it and muttered an item retrieval spell. The comb shot into her hand, wet but miraculously unharmed. She turned back to the inn.
"Let's go back inside. You need to dress and I need to pray."

She offers her a few gentle nods of her head, though enough to leave those messy curls bouncing about either shoulder. "Sounds like a plan." She wouldn't wish to leave the group waiting any longer, after all! After casting her a reassuring smile, the young Devil slips back inside, nodding politely to everyone else in passing. She soon disappears upstairs for several minutes, for it's not an easy task to climb into such formal attire. A certain baby ape still sits upon one hip, that wide leather satchel swinging at her other side. That same bow hangs lightly over one feathery wing, politely waiting for a pause in conversation after rejoining. "Everyone ready?" Carabia wonders aloud, having guessed that Ver knows of their lil' wagon-plan.

(Today's fabulousness~)

9MoihIE.jpg

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » We Unlucky Few | CLOSED

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus