Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » We Unlucky Few | CLOSED

Carabia (played by Robyn)

Dembala bows his head enough to gently "kiss" up the back of Carabia's skull. Even as the gesture is entirely affectionate, she cannot help but make a face by scrunching her nose at the sandpaper-like tongue. Lovely. Crimson hues glance towards Aya now, fast enough to catch that challenging shot her way. Dafuq? She never once moved to unlock this familiar face from the restricting shackles. She only answers Aya by a confused, gentle tilt of her head. But in any case, the focus remains on the fellow. "I mind not what left you behind bars. While it could have been something awful, there is no way I could consider you a danger." As she seems to think aloud, her gaze drifts around everyone present. In some bizarre event where Brolin wished to surprise them, it's obvious who outnumbers who! Besides, tis' Brolin. Surely he could not have done something awful. "Mister Brolin? I worry you may give them reason to feel suspicious without the answer.." She offers towards him softly, honestly wishing he could reassure this odd party.
Sol (played by soulfire14)

Sol shrugged his shoulders., seeing as how he wouldn't a give a good answer.
"Alright, I believe we should head back to town and start finding any kind of resources like good and water." He said to everyone as he stepped away from Brolin, turning to the Hanged Man and Carabia.
"It's no use trying to get answers; I dont believe he will give any."
Brolin (played anonymously)

( Sorry about the long posts guys, I'm on mobile and it's easy to get carried away! )

Brolin tapped his finger to his forehead, then pointed to Sol for his response. "Smart man."

He'd scoot on his butt until he sat close enough next to Carabia, visibly putting distance between himself and Hangy- continuing his mental game of chess. "Abilged ye' don't think o'im a danger lass, an' tellin' a more colourful story could ease suspicion but.. why?" He'd question, looking up amongst the group.

"I don't trust th' lot o' ya either. Seems t' me the perpetrator of any crime would stick around to manipulate 'yer little investigation 'ere." He held his hands up wildly, looking around as if they were all confused children in need of guidance. "Am I makin' sense here? O'im here on trial an' I don' exactly even know wot th' hell 'appened here."

He'd exhale and fall back to a laying position and closed his eyes. "Think abou' that when we all what? Sleep together? Pfft. Guess tomorrow's gon' be a looooong day."
"Tomorrow is going to be a long day anyway. We could always push him back in the hole." Aybilla suggested to noone in particular while she eased her staff back over to her with her toe and picked it up again. She stowed her knife away easily, and proceeded to give the key a few more tosses. Her stomach growled again. She was ready to move on.
Phoenixheart Hiro (played by Gab)

Phoenixheart felt conflicted as she continued to watch the scene before her. She thought about what Carabia had said to her about just joining them. While it was true that she had just joined them, she did still want to be able to help if she could. She decided to just drop the matter of being a deadweight for now and try to help if she could if another problem arose. She honestly didn't know what to think about Brolin. He just seemed to be keeping so many secrets. Granted, she had her fair share of secrets and didn't necessarily trust a lot of people, but she had her own reasons for keeping her secrets stored for now and to be fairly untrusting. She yawned a bit as she felt a bit of drowsiness kick in. She guessed that all the excitement had worn her out and that a good rest would help her.
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

The Hanged Man smirked at Aya's suggestion of just kicking Brolin back into the puddle. It was a tempting solution. "We can k-keep that in mind," he said, "but for now ... release him." Normally he wasn't the decision maker, but that seemed to be the general consensus, and the day was growing old. He turned his gaze back to the village behind them. "So--we head for your shop, Master Ver? Have you means of bathing there?"
Verlin Calder (played by koroni) Topic Starter

Ver thought for a moment, then conceded, nodding his head. "Yeah, fine. Unlock him. Sorry for the trouble. Brolin, was it?" Without waiting for an answer, he turned his head to Sol and took a step away. "If you're going to steal, take care to at least not to damage anything anymore than I already have." He seemed halfway to leaving an apology note on the ruins of the house.
He turned towards the Hanged Man, then looked up at the sky. "Well, it depends how fast we can walk and how long we're willing. We might not be able to make it before the sun's out... But, yes. When we get there - sleep, bathe, eat, all of that." As he turned away, back to the village, he added, "Until we figure out what's going on, it's the safest place I know."
Sol (played by soulfire14)

"I agree. I feel that we can at least let the man out of his shackles. If he's a trouble, well, there's enough of us here." He said to no one, yet everyone at the same time.
"I believe I will go too. You never know; maybe we will find something of use..." He turned over to Ver. "Don't worry, I won't try to break anything." He drew His sword and pointed over back past the smoldering fire with it.
"I'll go this way."

"Aye, it's Brolin." He confirmed to Ver, nodding his head in thanks. He'd hold his hand out to Aybilla for the key, hoping to finally free himself. For now, he seemed to have no 'dog in the race' as for the plans of night fall and opted to remain silent.

(Nothing wrong with the longer posts before, Brolin! <3)

A slight frown greets her face, though she manages to reassure even herself, determined to believe that these two are simply kidding. They could never actually kick someone into such a bizarre puddle, right? Either way, the young lady visibly relaxes once the familiar face draws closer. She casts a reassuring smile his way. "Yes, tis' best to rid him of these shackles and move on. It takes no Reader to see we are all hungry and likely tired, hm?" Like before, she purposely ignores Ver as he mentions stealing and theft yet again. While she disagrees, there's hardly any need to begin some confrontation over the subject. "May I join you?" She asks of the present King, only now realising that the group appears to be splitting again. Curious crimson hues drift towards Aya, hoping that she will indeed unlock him soon. Gloved hands pinch at the skirts of the formal wear, allowing her to rise to her feet without risk of faceplanting. Dembala shifts his weight in order to stand at her side.

"Apologies," said the Hanged Man to Ver. "I had thought your shop was in the village. I-if it isn't, perhaps we are better off finding shelter here for the night. The hour is late already ..." He left Brolin in Aya's care and took a few steps closer to Sol. "I-I, too, wish to accompany you ... perhaps t'is best to seek an inn? There would be food and bedding." And drink--his flask was near empty. "From there we can get our bearings and det-determine a plan for the long term."
(Agreed. I like a longer post here and there myself!)
"Sounds like it's settled then." Aybilla smiled, stepped forward and put the key in Brolin's outstretched hand.
"I'm sure if I were pulled from a strange hole half-dead, chained, and covered in that muck everyone would be suspicious of me too. You certianly are of an interesting sort. Free yourself, Fugative." Whether or not he sees it, she gave him a wink mimiking his from earlier.

Aya turned to those whishing to depart to the village. "Whether it be village tavern or Ver's home, why don't we all stay together this round? Who knows what will happen when night falls. Plus it would be nice to reintroduce ourselves around a fire made of something besides a burning building, and get to know our new friends."
Verlin Calder (played by koroni) Topic Starter

Ver shook his head. "I live on the... far outskirts of the next town over, actually. I was barely a day's trip out when all this happened. He nods. "But the rule of thumb is not to travel after dark when faced with an unknown threat. ... If there is, after all, a threat..." Ver had judged the building he'd chosen to burn as a brothel. Hopefully that wasn't the only place in town with enough beds for all of them.
"Speaking of threats," he murmurs, turning back around, "Brolin - we were all gathered here because we heard a noise. A scream, of sorts - or a howl? Was it you? Or did you hear it?"

Brolin never missed a wink, returning it with a friendly, yet knowing smirk. "Bes' lesson me Da' taught me was tha' title.." He gripped the key, jamming it in the locks one by one and freeing himself with audible clicks. "..Does not dictate character. Fugitive o' King both capable of equal treachery."

He'd shuffle the key in to his hair, knotting a length around it to secure and hide the item in his absence of pockets. The open restraints thrown over his shoulder as he stood.

"Perhaps half the party fetch supplies, half remain 'ere t' prep a camp.. or head-off an' ambush should your villains think we settled." He'd shrug, looking to the other men for a solution.

"Or.. we throw ourselves a keggar an' disrespect your shop." Brolin half-teased the idea to Ver until he mentioned the scream.

"Can't say it was me, surely didn't hear anything." He'd pause, now for the first time realizing a threat was actually present. "I'll need a tool, should happen we find out what was screaming."

She feels her eyebrows rise gently. "I also thought the shop was in this village. I apologise for misunderstanding." The young Devil chimes in after Hangy. Now standing, that long Scorpion tail curls gently behind her for comfort. Still, she soon casts Aya a warm smile, nodding enough to send ivory ringlets bouncing around her frame. "Yes! I would like to stay together as well. It would be awful if something surprised us while we were apart." Crimson hues drift to watch Ver for the moment, for it's certainly a good idea to question Brolin regarding that bizarre howl. But alas, it seems that the source remains unknown. "What sort of tool are you handy with?" She asks Brolin, wondering what his preference is for weaponry. "Are we all in agreement to find an inn for tonight?" A gloved hand drifts towards Dembala's mane now, simply to lace fingers through affectionately.
The Cleric threw in what she knew. "I stayed in a quaint little tavern last night, before everyone disappeared. The owner was a curt sort of man but the hospitality was comfortable nonetheless. It's on the far end of town where the road comes through, a handful of streets away from where Ver lit his beacon."
Phoenixheart Hiro (played by Gab)

Phoenixheart remained silently watching the proceedings, though she perked up a bit at the mention of saying together. She didn't want to have to choose which group to go with if they had split up, and agreed with what Carabia said about it being awful if something had surprised one of the groups. She nodded when Carabia suggested that the group find an inn for the night. She was fairly tired and she could feel the drowsiness starting to increase as she stood there continuing to watch the group.

Brolin looked over where they pointed the town was, squinting briefly at the descending sun.

"Are we goin' t' have to fight our way t'rough?" He asked concerned "Might benefit t' arrive under cover of dark."

(hi guys, i will try to keep posting as much as I can but due to some bad family news my energy is low, so posts will be bad)

The Hanged Man listened as they all weighed in on the situation. "Nay, Master Brolin," he said. "The village is deserted ... everywhere seems to be. T'is unclear where everyone went." He looked over Carabia in her formal gown and asked, "Lady, are you c-cold? Need you my cloak?" When Aya mentioned not wanting to split up, he nodded, then beckoned with his shield towards the village. Whether others started walking not, he set off in that direction, after waiting for a response from Carabia.

(I'm so sorry to hear so, there's never any pressure to keep playing should you need some time! I hope things pick up soon. <3)

Crimson hues drift towards Phoenix only briefly, long enough to cast her a light smile. She cannot help but notice her growing quiet, hoping the reasoning is thoughtfulness and not nervousness. "Yes, I see no harm in staying at the inn this evening." Carabia agrees along with Aya softly, both large wings stretching out slowly before folding as before, clearly just adjusting out of comfort. "We haven't yet come across anything troublesome, Mister Brolin. We have yet to see where everyone has vanished to, though." Further steps carry her towards Hangy now, casting him a warmer, thankful smile. "Tis' okay, Mister Hangy." It seems she doesn't notice using the nickname aloud. "But, thank you so much. I am now grateful for all these layers." A soft laugh surfaces, surely not exaggerating given the many layers to make up the formal gown's skirts. As she hopes to begin walking towards one inn, Dembala naturally joins her, content to walk along her side.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » We Unlucky Few | CLOSED

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus