Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » We Unlucky Few | CLOSED

Verlin Calder (played by koroni) Topic Starter

Ver nodded again with a quiet, "Hm." Then he smiled with a bit of underlying mischief and added, "I'm a blademith, Brolin - the last person who tried to disrespect my shop almost dropped a sword on her head. But you're welcome to any tool on display there, if you wish. Free of charge, but preferably returned after all this." He sighed contently at the suggestion of an inn - nothing beats sleeping in a bed while you still can. He draws his sword just to twirl it and sheath it again as he heads back down towards the town.

( That's fine! Take time and take care of yourself, feel free to jump back in again if you have to go quiet for a while <3 )
Brolin (played anonymously)

Brolin smoothed his nasty and matted hair back, trying to clear slop from his forehead. "I'm o' pure lethality wit' black powder an' palm cannon." He told Carabia, briefly making a gun shape with his fingers. Ver's response had him chuckling, although the mention of their rally point being a Smithy's Shoppe had his interest.

"Abliged." He'd respond to Ver "But I've no skill in bladed weapons. If powder isn't able to be found.." He'd look at his knuckles. "..We can fashion caestus from these shackles."

Without much more to offer their situation he would follow the group from behind. A lone whistle escaped his lips. "Everyone gone.. spooky."
Phoenixheart Hiro (played by Gab)

Phoenixheart noticed that Carabia's gaze drifted towards her briefly and that she also gave her a light smile. Phoenixheart smiled back. She may have still been a bit uncomfortable with the group, but it helped that the people seemed so friendly to her so far. She yawned and her eyelids dropped a bit as she started to follow the group, hoping that they would find a place soon. The thought of being able to sleep soon excited her and despite her drowsiness, a small, happy chirp escaped her lips.
(It's fine by me! Take your time and do what you have to before returning if you want to! ^u^)
(Sorry to hear it, Hanged Man. Do what you need to. IRL happens and is much more important. Sending good vibes your way)

Aybilla started off with the group. She listened to the chatter as she surveyed the types that this situation had brought together. Aside from her short adventure with 'the chosen one' as she liked to call him, this was the strangest party she had ever been a part of. Ver -the smith and slayer, Sol - golden-clad king, Carabia - devil princess, Pheonixheart - another girl with wings and split eye colors, Crow - a strangly mysterious warrior, and Brolin - a rough fugitive who was also mysterious. Aybilla smiled and corrected her observation; until they could get to know each other, every one of them was mysterious. Including herself, though she had nothing to hide and her only agenda at this time was to solve the puzzle.

Aya heard Pheonixheart's chirp and gave a quiet little giggle. 'Chirp!' she thought. 'She must have wings for a different reason than Cara as she seems more beast than she does devil.'
"That's really cute, Pheonixheart. Do you have a nickname you like?" she hoped to start a conversastion with the girl.

Phoenixheart blushed slightly when Aybilla called her chirp cute. She wasn't used to getting compliments, so this one was quite a pleasant surprise to her. "U-um thank you... and I guess Phoenix or Phoe could work as nicknames..." She said a bit shyly. She really wasn't much for conversation, but she did appreciate being talked to as it kept her mind off of her drowsiness for a while. She didn't want to be slowed down by her drowsiness, so talking would be a welcome distraction for her.
"Hmmm" Aybilla played with the different names in her mind. "I'll try to call you those, but I hope you don't mind if Nix or Nixy comes out once in awhile. So where did you come from?" Aya asked. She also wanted to know what she was, but as established earlier on, you've got to be prudent with those sort of questions.

Phoenixheart smiled and giggled a bit and replied "I don't mind those names. As for where I'm from, I'm not even really sure where this place is, but I did live in a forest before somehow ending up here." Her tone took on a bit of wistfulness as she thought back to the forest and library that she called her home. A small sigh escaped her lips as she realized just how much she missed her home. It may have seemed small and too wild to others, but to her it was somewhere where she could be herself and not have to worry about what or who she was.
"Ah, so you lived in a forest not around here, but somehow ended up here. Lot's of people leaving suddenly, and some people coming suddenly. I wonder if those things are both related." Aya kicked a rock on the path as they traveled down to the village again. "Can you fight at all? We don't know if we'll need to do any fighting, but just in case. What are you skills?"

Phoenixheart thought for a moment before replying "Hmmmm... perhaps they are related. As for what skills I have... I am fairly skilled in hand-to-hand combat... I can also summon phoenix fire and teleport, but I rarely ever use them when in combat as I haven't fully mastered them and it does take quite a bit of energy to use them... I'm also telepathic, but again, I rarely ever use that power... and I guess my being able to heal wounds with magic could come in handy sometimes... that one's also rarely used... I'm a pretty young phoenix, so I haven't fully mastered my powers yet... though I am fairly good at my healing magic..." she paused as she realized that she was rambling and shot Aybilla an embarrassed smile "Sorry, I started to ramble there..."
Carabia (played by Robyn)

She casts Brolin a gentle smile, tone appearing genuinely impressed by his weapon of choice. "Oh? I have never once seen that kind used, you know. You must have impressive aim." The only weapon visible on her person is the beautifully crafted bow hanging over one wing. Its' slim quiver matching in design swings lightly beside the Devil's left hip. Dembala continues walking along her right side, both her gloved hands laced before herself comfortably. For now, she seems to grow upon the quieter side, perhaps wishing to avoid interrupting as Aya and Phoenix get to know one another. In time, the inn comes into view. "There we go. I bet there are fireplaces inside, too." She smiles gently. While she feels anxious that nothing has surprised them with exception given to Brolin, perhaps it's a blessing in disguise.
"You're a pheonix! I did not know that firebirds could take human form!" Aya gapped at her "What an impressive assortment of abilities. Sounds like we are very well covered in the healing department everyone!" the cleric cast her grin around. "You, myself, Carabia, Sol, am I missing any healers?" she cast the question around as well. She laughed to herself. Nobody was going to die on their watch. Not even Brolin who she figured would never consent to healing any other way save bandages and medicines.

She looked around to where Carabia spotted the inn. The Broken Branch Inn, it was called. Empty inns had a little bit of a spooky feel -she already knew that from waking up earlier that morning- but it couldn't be helped. A hearth, some food, a mattress, it all was worth it. "Don't worry, Ver, I'm sure everyone will be considerate enough to not abuse the freedom of not having an innkeeper present. Right?" She was really trying hard to take his disdain for stealing, even in this situation, into account.

Phoenixheart laughed slightly as Aybilla gaped at her and replied "Not all phoenixes can take human form. There are two types of phoenixes... I just happen to be the type that is able to take a human form. My kind is pretty rare though as it's pretty hard for us to be created. And yes, I guess we are covered pretty well in the department of healing, though hopefully we won't have to go into that department too often." She smiled. These seemed like a good group of people that she had found and she was feeling a lot more comfortable now that she is slowly but surely getting to know them. She then looked to see the inn that Carabia had spotted. It may be a bit wierd to the other people to having a place that usually had people in it be totally deserted, but to her it was comforting as her home in the forest happened to be a library and she had lived alone there for six years. She sure did miss her home and hoped to be able to return to it at some point in time.
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

The Hanged Man walked in silence for the majority of the trip, though he did perk up and look over at Aya and Phoenix after a while. A firebird ... coincidence or not, it was intriguing. In his mind's eye he saw the Red Lord's firebird banners waving high over Arcascath, and he allowed that thought to simultaneously comfort and sadden him for the rest of the trip to the inn.

When they had reached it's entrance, he silently held up a hand--a gesture for them to stop. He drew his falchion and shouldered open the door, looking around inside to make sure the common room was empty. If it appeared to be, he stepped over the threshhold to continue checking under tables and behind the counter, despite the encroaching darkness. "T'is clear, meseems," he said softly.

"Caestus, I can do, but I'm afraid I'm at a lost when it comes to firearms." He paused, then laughed quietly, flexing his hand. "Hah. Firearms." His amused look vanishes as they pass the burnt building. With a deep inhale and a cock of his head, the remaining embers die. It takes him several moments to avert his gaze, instead focusing on the inn. Though the town wasn't exactly thriving, the inn didn't look half bad. And it was empty - dead silent, without so much as a ghost.
Carabia (played by Robyn)

As she finally approaches the seemingly cozy little inn, her head turns enough to chime in at the mention of Healers. "I cannot Heal magically, I am afraid. But I am able to see to wounds the good old-fashioned way, Herbology has always been a huge passion of mine." That may explain the helpful kit secured within that large leather satchel, the only detail which may stand out being a symbol of the beautiful sun upon its' front. Both large wings stretch behind her slightly for comfort, taking care to fold them as before. "Yes, of course." The young lady smiles warmly towards both Aya, as well as Ver reassuringly. "There is no need to disrespect the space, even without the Innkeeper present. Tis' still a space many people dedicated their time to."

One hand gloved within white reaches outwards, about to open up the door when dearest Hangy signals nono. At first, worry greets her face immediately, wondering if perhaps the protective fellow heard something within. Yet he reassures her soon upon hearing his voice once more. Whew. "Thank you, Mister Hangy." With the coast seemingly clear, the young Devil passes through the open doorway to enter finally. Still, this is when she pauses to gaze outside. The space is likely not wide enough for Dembala to pass through, weighing in at over 900 pounds in all. The pair actually spend a few moments simply gazing at one another, as though they could be sharing some unheard conversation.

Carabia lifts one hand to wave towards the companion gently. "Efsa o raleddo.." Green smoke begins to rise from the ground outside the inn, surrounding only Dembala specifically. Within moments, this cloud of emerald fog completely envelops him, shrinking down with ease. As this gradually fades to disperse among the surrounding air, a rather adorable baby gorilla is visible instead. A chubby fluffball, though the same companion indeed if those crimson eyes are any evidence. Cara smiles as Demmy scurries inside, bowing enough to slip her hands beneath his arms, allowing her to lift him gently and settle him upon one hip.
(Demmy!)

i1g8Di5.jpg
Brolin (played anonymously)

Brolin shared in a bit of laughter with Ver, finding the pun rather amusing himself. "I'm skilled with needle an' thread" He'd chime in to the conversation with Nix and Ay.

As Hangy shouldered the door and entered, he flashed a look to Sol and Ver "Pssst" He hissed to gain attention and motioned his head to the side of the building, tossing Ver the noisy chains gently.

"I'll check around back, in case any'ne runs out."

With that he took off crouched and fast around the corner of the building and out of sight, should he go unstoppable.

Around the back he'd find a door, searching for any forced entry. If he found none- Brolin would run full speed and crouched off in to the town- abandoning the group.
Aybilla looked after Brolin as he disappeared around the corner. Everyone was so cautious. She wasn't afraid, though. As long as she had her divine symbol, she had all the confidence she needed. She was still nonetheless happy to have the inn declared safe, and went in after Cara and Demmy who she fawned over excessively. The transformation was a treat to see and though she didn't expect a baby monkey, she thought the form to be very adorable.
She looked around the inn's main floor. It was dark and empty. They would possibly need warmth soon, and a fire to cook food over.
"Ver, how about lighting a fire for us in the fireplace?" She tried to ask politely, but she was a little excited about hopefully seeing the lighting process this time.

Phoenixheart watched with wide, curious eyes as Carabia transformed the lion into a baby gorilla. She liked animals, so Carabia being able to transform the lion into a gorilla was amazing to her. She then saw Brolin disappear around the corner of the building. She wasn't as nervous as she was used to living in a seemingly abandoned building but respectively stayed back and waited for the inn to be declared safe before proceeding into it.

So distracted by Dembala's transformation ("What-? Wow!"), Ver nearly missed the shackles. He turned to watch Brolin but his only objection was a hushed, "Be careful." He adjusted the chains in his hands and headed in.
The place seemed genuinely untouched - all doors except the front firmly shut and ashes still lingering in the unlit fireplace. Ver bent to inspect them with a quiet, "Hm." As he stood up, the fireplace sparked to life, blooming into a warm, controlled blaze - if Aya had expected some dramatic movements, she'd be sorely disappointed. "This'll only burn as long as I keep it going," he noted. "You'll need to add some wood eventually."
Aya was disapponted that there wasn't anything more showy about Ver starting the fire. She was trying not to visably pout when it hit her how neat the simplicity of it was and she let her disappointment out with a small laugh to herself. Honestly, some flint and steel probably couln't have lit that fire quicker.

"I'll volunteer for that job. I'm sure there is a wood pile either in the kitchen or out back." Aya set her staff and bag down in a corner so that she could carry a load of wood before going through the door behind the bar that led into the kitchen. Off to look for firewood!

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » We Unlucky Few | CLOSED

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus