Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Steam Rises and Iron Falls (MissUndeadKisses & I)

Althalos Fizen (played by EonRising) Topic Starter

"The ones below decks arent that hard. They're chain fed and hand powered. All you have to do is aim and turn the crank. They can't move arpund so you don't have to worry about it falling over," Althalos said seriously as they drifted between two larger buildings and then up and over the city.
Felix May (played by MissUndeadKisses)

By now Felix was lost to her thoughts, looking at all the large building and even the nasty run down ones. This was all just to cool! She had live in many cities, but no floating ones and Iron was now her favorite one of all. She was so happy she came abou tthe add while at her last home. Fellix even packed up and left for Iron the neck day!

The people lived on their lifes, yet the whole place was becomeing a hazard hardcore. Whole buildings falling off the floating city was a HUGE deal after all. "What is under the city? I guess on my way here I slpet the whole time... I didnt get a chanse to see the area under it... Is it another town? Like on the earth I mean.. Or water or something?"

"Upper class citizens and propellers are down below the dirt. This city was built literally by taking out whole chunks of Earth and putting propellers and stuff on it," Althalos explained as he guided the ship down beneath the city.
There were massive cylindrical constructions jutting out from below the earth, each with a dome cap on the bottom and were made out of bronze and there were bridges between them.
"If any of them fall, I giant parachute/balloon inflates out the top, but I've never seen even one of them fall, so the rich have little worries.

"So everyone else is left to die? No one cares if they fall to their deaths? Thats harsh..." Felix said softly. She hated the idea of people dieing for no reason at all...

"No, people care a lot. There just isn't a lot someone can do to stop the earth beneath the city from falling apart," Althalos shrugged and guided the ship to a park on it's own floating plot of land connected to the rest of the city by a rope. He brought his little ship down and the docking clamps immediately attacked themselves to the wooden rim of the park. Althalos climbed off and offered his hand to Felix again.

She took it. "What are we doing?"

"Well, it's a park. Would you like some popcorn?" he asked as they approached a vendor and bought two bags anyways. "Come on, there's a bench that overlooks the whole city. It's not as nice as it used to be, but looking from there is better than watching from that pile of splinters," he jabbed a thumb at the Emmisary.

She smiled and took her bag of popcorn, popping a few pieces in her mouth. "Well, to be honest, I really want to know about you now Althalos." She sat at the bench, waiting for him to sit to, looking up at him from her spot. "I mean... you dont have to..."

"Alright," Althalos smiled, "What is it you want to know? There are few things I'm not open about."

"Well whatever you can tell me...?" She said as she ate somemore

"Let's see... I'm 16, my family is in the upper middle class, my dad is a merchant and has two ships to his name. I have one younger and one older brother... Umm... I have my own apartment looking over the war docks. That's about it unles you want to get into very specific details."

"Im a lot older than you. I must say I thought you where older." she giggled and looked over at him. "But hey, isnt it a good thing?" Felix was pretty happy.

"Indeed," he shrugged, "I get that a lot," he said with a smile and finished his bag of popcorn. It was very surreal because as he finished, he heard a loud explosion and looked over to see a freighter falling out of the sky in pieces.
"Pirates! Get back to the ship, now!" Althalos ordered and started running as three pirate battleships approached Iron, a modified version of the Jolly Roger on their prow.

Felix felt her eyes widen. "W-what!!! I sooo thought you where joking!" She felt like a small child running after her fleeting father. But she did move fast to the boat, close behind Althalos. "I-Im scared.." She whimpered as she grabbed his hand without thinking... "I-I dont know if I can do this."

"It's alright," Althalos assured her and dragged Felix below decks. In the front was a glass dome with another steering wheel behind it. "She may be a pile of splinters, but she's a tough as nails pile of splinters with steel plating beneath the wood," he muttered as he started the engines and the Emmissary took off. "I'll try and get us back to the city, but until then," he left the wheel and showed Felix how to use the machine guns, cranking the handle on the side of one, "Just use the gun with the best angle on the pirates. There's two on each side so try and aim for the smoke stacks or cannons," he ordered as he went back to the wheel.

She looked out of the glass bubble, the pirates seemed so far off, would they hit Al's boat? Be calm...Al is a nice kid and wont let you get hurt, right? OH DONT SECOND GUESS AT A TIME LIKE THIS! Right, Im safe with him here... A blush came to her cheeks and she put her and on the crank.

"I'm going to bring her about. You should have a clear shot at the smoke stacks," Althalis was about to say more when one of the pirate ships exploded and fall into the city. The explosion made a massive shock wave that would have made the Emmissary flip over if their wasn't the blimp over top of it keeping it upright. Althalos looked over and saw five more battle ships with the colors of Iron flying over them. He let out a sigh of relief and looked at Felix, "It's fine. Part of our fleet is here; you can sit down," he patted the seat next to his.

Felix was fast to sit next to me, laying her head on his should. Tremurs flowed through her. She was scared still from the whole thing

"Umm... Okay," Althalos blushed a bit at her action and tentatively moved his hand to her head, stroking her hair. "It's alright, it's over now," he said as another blast wave shook the Emmissary, then another as the two remaining pirate ships fell to the earth below.

The wave made her jump and tighten her eyes shut. "C-Can was get b-back to town?" The rest of the ride she refused to open her eyes. She stayed next to him the whole time.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Steam Rises and Iron Falls (MissUndeadKisses & I)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus