Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Meet-n-Greet Tavern RP [Open]

Tenjian - The Frozen Blade (played by Asroc)

"Tenjian."

His voice remained rather neutral as he said it. "That is all you need to know, sir." He was addressing the injured man. "What happened to you?"
Saullis Bane (played by TheRealRedHood)

*awoken to some pain of the wound* "Stabbed...Jagged...2 inches long.....Rib cage....Non-Vital....Wooouunn......" He passed out.
Deveze Virel Kline (played by LuminousGhost)

Deveze looked up unblinkingly once Dan stuffed the man full of salve. A small smirk appearing but a nod following. The exotic looking sylph then turned her glowing palm to the wound, eyes shutting as the light spread from her hand up to her arm, those blue markings long her skin beginning to glow. The healing array would be cast onto the skin of the wounded stranger as he spoke and finally fell unconscious; she felt that was good. Due to the fact the next part would feel a little itchy. Skin and tissue, as well as internal muscle began to spring to life, quickly regenerating its damaged areas as the wound began to close from the inside, then slowly out whilst the healing spell was in effect. Soon a light pink scar would remain where the knife had stabbed him, and the glow would die from Deveze's skin on her markings before her hand would drop and she'd stare at him with a frown and a lidded gaze. "There ye be." She'd grunt, moving to her feet and returning for her whiskey pint. A light tremor going through her hand.
Sam Hell (played by Rawk)

"I wasn't aware this place had entertainment." The girl jested, turning back to the burly bearded man sitting across from her who'd just finished his ninth pint of beer and stared blankly. "Although, I can imagine cleaning up blood, guts, and other bodily fluids from these floors must be a nightmare." She lifted her whiskey shot, and made a toast to nobody in particular "Here's to the poor bastards stuck cleaning up later." With that, she downed the fiery liquid and slammed the glass onto the table.

Sam hadn't been there long, maybe an hour or two, since her ride was jacked by a handful of thugs who thought it was a good idea to steal anything from her. Tracking them down wouldn't be too difficult considering her vehicle had a GPS system and engine cut-off mechanism installed recently since it had been taken once before. The price you pay for having what someone else wants...

She leaned back in the creaky wooden chair, flopping a leather booted foot down onto the sill of the window that looked out toward the front lot of the tavern. Sam noticed the large man out of the corner of her eye, sitting silently in all his inebriated glory and eerily staring at her. The girl turned her head slowly in his direction and arched an eyebrow. "Problem, freak?"

"I like the ink on your arms." His words sluggishly made their way out, followed by a low burp before continuing. "What ya got under that tank top?" A lazy wry grin slowly formed across his pocked face, and just in time for another round of his favored ale to be delivered and set in front of him, where he eagerly knocked it back.

Comments like that weren't uncommon to her, considering she was mostly covered with unusual tattoos that even she didn't fully understand, but when a guy just had to dig deeper curious to know what was beyond their reach, she really wanted to punch them in their stupid faces. Although in this case, she'd settle for the dude to simply pass out or die from alcohol poisoning.

"Well, if you can finish those next four pints, then maybe I'll describe to you what you can't see, mkay big guy?"
Aidan Kilhern (played by Weeburd)

"Ey lad don't you worry. We've got you safe and sound, hm? Just... oh, you're gone again." As the large man spoke again, still fading in and out of conciousness it seemed, she could only shake her head and sigh. Either he was already drunk or being a little over-dramatic considering everything he just told them.

While Dev healed him up she heard the silvery haired person give their name too and with a nod she waved to them with a small smile. Then she went back to cleaning up her hands and checked the floor to see if he'd bled on it; a little concious that someone might stride by and slip on a patch of blood. It'd happened before.

"Oh that looks fantastic! Great job, Dev. I'll have to buy you a drink if I ever get myself into a scrape. Or I should probably buy you one now... do they accept tines?" As the wound eventually healed with the help of Dev's magic the small woman smiled up at her with a genuinely thankful expression and a small chirp of gratitude. She told the barmaid to have both water and a strong drink ready for the man when he regained his senses as she packed up her things and then returned to her table. Sadly, her coffee was now at the worst stage of it's life; lukewarm. Bleh.

As she sat down she heard the voices of a couple of people who'd been here before she wound up becoming an impromptu mender and as one of them was drunk, he had a rather loud voice and she couldn't help but hear him ask about seeing under the woman's tank top. Dan glanced across to get a look at the two and found the shaved woman interesting enough though that never warranted asking to look under a shirt. Even if she were two sheets to the wind. Still, it was something to keep an ear on in case it went south.
Lila (played anonymously)

"Ah, how depravity follows you no matter where you go." Lila entered with a smile, the sound of the heels from her long black boots clacking across the floor. "The state of things makes me sad."

Lila took a seat at the counter and crossed one leg over the other. "I would like some milk." she ordered.

*Awoken* "UUHHH....Damn What a hangover....Oh ****...I was stabbed". I stood up from the cot I was staying in and went into the wash room. I looked at my bag and opened it, I took out some hard liquor and downed it. I raised an eyebrow when I saw favorite Jacket on the floor. "Damn Elves...Taking my ****ing **** all the ***** time...oh well". I spit into the tobacco bucket that was sitting next to the dresser. I put clothes on and walk down stairs still Hammered to the point of some stumbling.

Unsurprisingly, the burly guy downed the remaining beers in a matter of seconds, somehow leaving enough room in his gargantuan barrel-sized stomach for the bowl of trail mix and a basket of chicken wings smothered in an unidentifiable sauce. At that point, Sammie was pretty sure she was going to either vomit in her mouth, or onto the table itself, most likely getting it on the fat man across from her. But, she held it in like a champ even as the guy let out a low, bassy burl that felt as though it could have shaken the entire building.

"Wow." Sam commented. "You...certainly know how to impress the ladies."

"I know." He said with a confident smile, and she wasn't sure if he was actually being sarcastic or truly believed it. "So now your turn, darlin' "

The girl sighed to herself, as she hoped by the time he was finished with his drink -and whatever else he stuffed into his mouth- that the whole "deal" would have been forgotten. But, as luck would have it, this guy just didn't want to let it go. Albeit, removing her tanktop to show the massive amount of tattoos that littered her upper body was a hell of a lot easier than trying to describe them, especially to a guy who just had like a dozen beers, but this was a public place and she didn't need the attention.

"Well" She leaned on her elbows over the table slightly. "Have you ever heard of 'warding glyphs' ?"

Several moments passed before the man even acknowledged her question, his eyebrows furrowing as though he were trying to think about what it was she actually asked, but then all that came out was. "Nope."

"Yeah, I didn't think so, but figured I'd ask..." She said in a disappointed tone. "Well, I might need another shot, or two, before I start trying to explain the unexplainable..."
Aeria Sylph (played by Kuroki)

Aeria turned to the door of a lone tavern, she her been walking down this dirt path for three hours straight, apparently deemed training by a certain teacher. She walked in looking around at the odd group of people with a flourish of her blue cloak, wearing a simple pair of leggings and a tunic underneath. Even though the scenery was drab and the tender unsettling, she settled down on a barstool, quickly ordering something she so aptly put as, "Anything that is edible and fills the stomach,"
Golden Kids (played by koroni)

Ray found herself standing by the door, relishing the complete activity in the room. She traced her finger over the tattoos on her bare arm. She glanced over as Aeria entered and offered a hostlike smile (despite her not being any kind of host). "Welcome. You missed the stabbed man."

Fast asleep.

Clearly the fat man didn't couldn't keep conscious long enough for Sammie to finish the long, boring story about her tattoos, as his head plopped down onto the table like a rock within thirty seconds. Of course, some of the story was made up, and other parts just slightly more embellished than it's original. All-in-all, getting a tattoo inked onto one's body stops becoming an "adventure" after a countless number. It then becomes more of a necessary addiction.

Sam leaned back again in her chair to stretch, doing her best to massage away the kinks and sores in her shoulders, when she glanced around the room briefly and noticed what appeared to be a slim, dark-haired elf strolling in as though she were right out of a renaissance festival. Sam smirked when she saw the cloak the girl wore swirl in a slightly dramatic fashion when she'd turned to go passed the door toward the bar.

"Some people know how to make an entrance I guess." She mumbled to herself, and realizing she'd never actually met an elf. Well, assuming this was a real one. The thought of testing that theory by pulling at the creature's ears to check for authenticity made her grin, but at the same time the one on the receiving end probably wouldn't be too keen to her twisted sense of humor.
Matrihan (played by Fruitloop999)

Matrihan fell unceremoniously into a pile of brambles outside of the tavern. The rift above him closed with a pop. He sat up, rubbing the back of his head and attempting to work the tangles out of his long hair. Slowly he stood and stumbled to the door, thinking about how Earth customs wouldn't typically let him into a place like this. The thought made him falter for a bit, uncertain blues and yellows in his eyes, before he schooled his features and pushed through.

The teen sauntered up to the bartender with false confidence and ordered a simple beer. Receiving the beverage, he took a sip of it, only to set it back down with his tongue hanging out and look of disgust crossing his features. Disappointed, and now with nothing to do, Matrihan resorted to watching the strange people who he had joined in this old building.

Cradling her lukewarm coffee as though it was the last source of heat in the known universe, the little woman glanced up every time she heard the door creak open to take in the newest patron. They were all sorts, even more so than usual for a tavern, and the small redhead could only smile softly. She loved a good mix and this was turning out to be far more interesting than the barracks she'd expected to walk into.

Taking another sip of her drink she shuddered again at the bitterness of the coffee but the warming bloom of the brandy more than made up for it. Maybe next time she'd take it with milk and sugar or even honey, if they had some. Or better yet what about a hot toddy? That'd warm her right up.

A smile flicked onto her soft features as she saw the taller redhead being her typical, chirpy self and welcoming just about everyone as though she were being paid to. The blonde with the boots seemed confident enough even if she looked dressed for... places far less public. Another pointy-eared individual; she was never sure if they were elven or not, though they had a very swooshy cloak. Cloaks were a pain, always getting trapped in doors, drawers and under feet or hooves. A glance back at the shaved lass relieved her somewhat because her table buddy had fallen asleep and was likely to stay asleep for some time.

And then the stabbed man, who had been at the bar mere moments ago, came staggering down the steps and was lucky he didn't go stumbling and sprawling to the floor. How he'd gotten up there and if he was some sort of magician, she had no idea, but he was certainly drunk enough to have gotten himself shanked in an alley.
Deveze Virel Kline (played by LuminousGhost)

Deveze hadn't moved from her crouch, the flash of a man, and then his return, drunk, but awake... she tilted her head and wondered on it; but had seen (and done) odder. With that, she'd get to her feet and down the rest of her whiskey. The sylph muttering, "Bit to fanciful for me." Her form moving out towards the exit, opening the door, giving a nod to Dan, and then heading out back into the wilderness.

"Hey red head!" he shouted."What is thy name...hehe...sorry...bout bleeding all over you*hic*here some gold for your troubles*he drops a heavy purse onto Aidans lap* don't worry I found it on the floor a while ago....Probably why I was stabbed. Another round of whiskey please. He asked the Bartender.
Leander Renton (played by littleplants)

He walked into the strange room, looking around and tightening his tie. He slipped onto a chair at the nearest table and just observed, crossing his legs as he did so. This was certainly a good way to pass time.

The strange fellow that walked in was given a bit of a glance but not much more as she noticed Dev turn to leave without taking her up on her offer of a drink. With a wave Dan bid them farewell, hoping they had a good time on whatever path they traveled.

"Hey red head!"

And then she almost dropped her coffee. Heart momentarily in her throat the tiny woman looked over to see the large, drunk man lumbering towards her and on the inside she was very close to bolting. Large, drunk men cut only one image in her personal experiences and they always warranted a wide berth. Outwards however she simply looked startled as he loomed over her... and then asked her name.

"My name," she frowned, "is Aidan. Or Dan. You'd have remembered that if you weren't nine sheets to the wind. And what is... that's far too much. I didn't mend you for money-"

Her voice seemed to fall on deaf ears though as he explained it came from the floor and then staggered his way back to the bar for more whiskey. Scooping the purse out of her lap to set it on the table by her coffee, she began to pick through it curiously all the same. His fault for leaving it with her. Maybe she could actually afford something decent with it.
Golden Kids (played by koroni)

Ray pouted as Dev left - she didn't blame her, but it was a shame.
Ray's attention was also pulled by the exclamation of, "Hey, redhead." She would've laughed, but watching the exchange, she frowned a bit instead.
Once Saullis was away from Aidan, she crossed towards the latter. She leaned onto the table and looked sideways at the lady. "You alright, miss? The men who reek of whiskey tend to reek of trouble, too."

As she thought, the purse was largely coppers with a few silver and she thought there may have been just a glimmer of gold in there, but that could also be brandy-fueled optimism. At the very least she could get a start on a new set of casting gloves; maybe some nice, supple lambskin? Though cowhide leather would be better for more durability...

And then she had another visitor. This time however it was the taller redhead, Ray, who'd made her way over. She was rather more polite than the giant man who was still nameless to her so the small woman was much more relaxed and open to talking.

"I'm alright, thankyou," she chirped with a soft smile and a nod. "And I can agree with you there, though he seems more intent on drinking than being a bother. Anyway, how're you ma'am? Heard you cheerleading before, which is a novel thing to hear when you're patching a bloke up."
Leander Renton (played by littleplants)

He placed one elbow on the table and placed his face into his hand as he watched the red head talk. Was that an English accent he heard? He cleared his throat and shifted in his seats, still watching the two. Briefly his amber eyes flickered to the bar, considering buying a drink. His eyes meticulously scanned the whole tavern before deciding not to...yet at least. His eyes then returned to the two speaking, listening to them quietly.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Meet-n-Greet Tavern RP [Open]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus