Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Meet-n-Greet Tavern RP [Open]

Leander Renton (played by littleplants)

"Temper temper. Im sure the elf had a valid reason for stabbing you. It's not like you had anything valuable on you, anyway." He took another sip, watching the other man.
Aidan Kilhern (played by Weeburd)

"Oh by all means there's no need to fret over me," Dan chuckled with a shake of her head as she tightened the pouch back up and then tucked it into her satchel. "I've dealt with far worse than a little stab wound to a hulking fella like him. Thankyou though, it's heartwarming to hear either way."

She momentarily left her satchel by her seat to go to the bar for another hot drink to get rid of the chill in her bones, settling instead for some tea instead of alcohol as apparently she was going to really need her wits about her. The broad, teleporting man asked for directions to a lake or a pond and... Dan had absolutely no clue where one might be found. There was one outside the small town she'd walked to but nobody here was from the same world, it seemed.

With a shrug as the large man then made a quick exit she sighed and sat back down, listening to Ray and the new fellow, called Jack, argue back and forth like schoolchildren or fresh recruits and it took her mind back. Ah, it was good to listen to, though she kept tabs on it just in case she had to intervene. It looked like they patched it up however so things were good for now...

"Bartender!"

And there went her heart again. Frowning more firmly now she looked over to see the man had bloodied himself again and at this point he was just taking the biscuit. With a shake of her head she stayed put and let him deal with it on his own as he staggered to the bar and asked for more drink.

"Maybe, good sir, if you didn't harass the elf they wouldn't have shanked your drunk arse?" She suggested with an irritable huff while huddling around her hot tea. "I suggest you sit down and wait out your stupor before you try making any rash decisions again. Next time they might be more accurate with that shiv of theirs and I won't be around to stitch you up."

"I'll certainly drink to that." He laughed as the redhead spoke. He leaned against the bar and watched them.
Golden Kids (played by koroni)

Ray bit her lip. She liked the idea of teaching him a lesson and letting him deal with it, but she'd keep an eye on him - if he, like, almost died for real, maybe she'd step in. She cast a weary grin at Aidan, then sat down near her, back facing the table. "Try pouring your drink on it," she offered. "That'd sanitize it, right?"
Saullis Bane (played by TheRealRedHood)

"Sorry if I offended you It's something about me I guess that wild elves hate about me...It was a trap I killed all of them yer. Just gotta step on their necks." I gave an ear to ear grin

"Hm. Saying something like that... its an absolute wonder why they keep attacking you. How strange."

"Mmhm. It'll clean it. But if it's deep you have to keep it clear and let it run."

Dan's lips drew to a line as she watched him boast about what was pretty much murder at this point. She didn't know if it worked the same where he came from though, so for now she kept quiet about it and was content to silently judge. A lot. She was grateful to Ray for keeping her company though and nodded in agreement when she mentioned pouring alcohol on the wound.

"And maybe if you gave the wood elves a wider berth and didn't go running for trouble the second you've got false courage, they might not ambush you? Just a thought, lad."
Saullis Bane (played by TheRealRedHood)

"Sorry Ma'am...I know It sounds....Harsh but they just keep coming especially the babies..." I put a sad face on and looked down"I'm joking there was only pregnant ones..thats also a joke." I waved at the Bartender for more Whiskey."Its not that deep its merely a flesh wound.

"If you have to state it's a joke, it's not very funny," Aidan answered as she fixed him with that an intensely hawkish glare for someone whose features were usually so mellow. The murder of pregnant women and children did not humour her in the least. Sipping on her hot tea she watched him for a few moments more before turning her eyes back to Ray, where her gaze softened.

"So, what is it you usually do for a living then, hm?"

Ray's lips pulled into a grimace - she had elf friends herself and so was very put off by this man.
She blinked at Aidan before realized the lady was talking to her. "Huh? Oh! ... Uhh... Lots of stuff. Call me a jack of all trades. I co-own an inn. A little more hotel-y than this place. I'm basically in charge of security. I, uh, also do some demon-hunting. But that's more freelance." She smiled wearily. "How 'bout you, miss?"
Eliza entered the tavern and then immediately went over to a seat and slightly waved to everyone.

"Freelance, hand-for-hire, bounty hunter. Pay me and I'll find it, guard it, move it. That sort of thing; tend to avoid the more lethal side of things but if push comes to shove, I can defend myself and my charge," she answered with a smile. Between talking and taking sips of her hot tea she noticed a shy waif of a girl make her way in, sit down and then wave. Dan returned her wave with a friendly smile before turning back to Ray.

"Inn security, eh? Sounds like an interesting job if ever there was one. Dealing with all sorts of people sets you up for a good lesson or two, though, so I bet not much surprises you eh?"

"Ooh~ Some careers I've dabbled in, if I'm flattering myself." She raised a hand apologetically. "I'd hire you myself, but I've got nothing that needs finding, guarding, or moving, and Herby doesn't like it when I hire strangers at the Hotel."
She, at about the same time as Aidan, stopped to give Eliza and friendly grin and salute-like wave.
"Not as fun as ye'd think," she confessed. "I keep the defenses set up and let most folk inn. The sigils do most'a the work, so it's a lot of just... this. Talking to strangers." She had a habit of almost... cycling through accents, it seemed.

"Ah it's alright; I'm not exactly looking at the moment if I'm honest. Few too many close calls and I fancy letting my heart settle first before I wear it out too much," the little woman laughed softly in the pause as Ray also waved at the new girl. She took the time to take another sip before the taller redhead started up again.

"Aah, that makes sense. And I guess it makes for an easier life than running around getting yourself beat halfway to sundown, eh?"
Eliza eavesdropped as they talked slightly smiling from their acknowledgement. She pulled out a thick brown book from a small satchel and began to quietly read at one point quietly asking the bartender for a glass of apple juice.
Eliza sipped her apple juice.
Matrihan (played by Fruitloop999)

Matrihan scooted over a few seats and tapped Eliza on the shoulder.
"Um, hi! You look about as lost as I am. Could I help you?" He offered his most open smile.
Eliza poured something into the apple juice handing Matrihan her journal. " I've been studying this Dragon type and I'm have in game bit of trouble classifying it into a specific genus".

"Well, I do that anyway, actually." Ray's grin was sort of crooked. "Most of my secondary jobs involve getting beat up somehow, as you can see..." Ray lifted her tattooed left arm. The end of her elbow just managed to reach the patch that covered her eye. "... And I also sympathize with the whole wearing-out thing. Wish I knew that a couple years ago. Havin' the hotel to go back to is a honest-to-goodness blessing."
Matrihan (played by Fruitloop999)

A frown passed over Matrihan's face and he cocked his head. "I'm afraid I don't know much about dragons... unless they're anything like-" here he made an odd clicking noise with his tongue. "But I doubt they are..."

His face brightened and he perched more excitedly on his seat, "Maybe if you explained the genus' to me I could be of more help!"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Meet-n-Greet Tavern RP [Open]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus