Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » A Magical High School

MoonDrop (played by Hazel_Storm)

(I’ll be right back. I have to take my meds in the nurse’s office. I won’t be long, though. ^^ )
Kyoya Hiro (played by KansasVenomoth) Topic Starter

(I'll be here.)

(Back. Do you want to do my teacher and I'll do yours? I find it's more entertaining that way from experience.)

(Sure, it should be fun.)

"Listen up, ladies," Kyoya's instructor bellowed, clapping his hands to get his student's attention. "I have a rigorous 45 minutes planned for you."

Moon wasn't all that athletic -which her scrawny build displayed-, so gym had always been her least favorite class. She had hoped Advanced Defense would allow magic or other forms one could use to assist as well.

"Alrighty, kids. Today, we're gonna be working on learning how to use defensive wards, these magical barriers can be used to protect you from magic and some physical attacks." MoonDrop's instructor says, passing out some tomes. "Recite these words correctly and the wards shall appear. You have fifteen minutes to prepare for the next part of the lesson."

"Oh, boy...I wonder what he has planned THIS time." Kyoya says, fairly unexcited.

Moon read over the words, not at all thrilled about having to use Latin. If she knew what the English phrases were, then she could have translated the text easily. In fifteen minutes, she doubted she’d finish in time.

“Split yourselves in two groups as evenly as you can. We’re going to be acting out a battle. Choose a weapon from the racks over there,” he pointed to the far walls, “and place a hand against the wall. When my whistle blows, charge your opponents. The winning side will receive a reward. Places!”

"If you have any problems, ask your neighbor or me!" The instructor says as she returns to her desk. The other students are struggling a bit with the tome.

Kyoya grabs one of the many swords on the rack, readying to charge at his opponents, his eyes look completely focused, fairly cold.

Seeking to pass her class, Drop heads for the instructor. “Miss, can I ask a question?”

As the students rushed toward either side, some tripped each other or just flat-out beat down those in their way and wouldn’t move fast enough. There was also a lot of shoving and punching. Students used their abilities to aid them.
“Save it for the fight!” the beefy instructor shouted.

"What is it, miss?" She asked, looking up from her desk.

Kyoya rushes straight towards a student in front of him, his abilities was a bit shaky because it was a sword he was unaccustomed to, he had been in a deadlock against another student, neither can overcome the other.

“Could you tell me what these mean? I never studied Latin before.”

Another kid tackled the one who had struggled with Kyoya, knocking the three of them to the hard-wood and waxed floors. As they were down, others trampled over them to get to their spots as soon as they could.

"Atlas, Rise! It's an Serentiasian saying used to ward off evil spirits." Just as she says that, a shining, blue wall appears in front of her. "Say those words quickly, and the wall will appear."

Luckily, Kyoya's armor takes most of the damage for him, recovering quickly and heading to his own spot, using his ring to protect him from other attacks.

“Is that all we need?” she questioned. “Or is there more?”

The crowed thinned out considerably soon, and the chaos left with it. Most of them were touching the wall and practicing either slashing blades or shooting projectiles. All the weapons were fully functional meaning they could cause serious damage and even death.

"This all for now. Now, let's test it out." She says warmly.

Kyoya decided to use his own swords that were on his side, trying to use his new elemental stone with his blades, combining Rock Slide with a quick slash towards the nearest student.

Laughing heartily, the instructor watched his students in amusement. He knew he had said they were to fight after he said so, but wasn’t about to intervene. “I said places, not go!” He laughed more.

Nodding, Moon recalled the phrase she had been told. “Atlas, Rise!” she said in Latin. The blue wall materialized before her. With a small smile, Drop felt satisfied she was able to make the enchantment work. “Thank you,” she told her coach.

Kyoya gets over to the wall, awaiting further instructions, ready for more action.

"Good...good, you're ready for the next step now." She says smiling, watching the group, some were successful, others were not. "Those who were able to create the wall, please gather by the state flag, everyone else continue working on the spell and join us when you're successful." The instructor grabs herself a fire tome. "We will now learn how to use it in combat."

Combat magic. If there was one thing her father taught her, it was how to use everyday spells as both defensive and offensive moves. She walked to the flag, glancing at the kids there.

“Right, ready?” Some kids nodded in response. “Set?” More nods.

Kyoya readies himself for the sudden rush, gripping his sword tightly.

"MoonDrop, you were most successful, so you will be up first. You must put up the ward just before the fireball hits you. The attack will hurt quite a bit if you fail, but it won't cause any lasting damage." She says, causing a fireball to appear in her hand. The other students move away from MoonDrop, "Are you ready for this?"

She nodded, eyes never leaving the fire dancing in her palm. “I am.”

“And.. GO!”

"Here we go!" The instructor lets the flame loose, causing it to fly straight for her.

Kyoya uses his lightning magic along with his sword, using Thunderbolt along with several slashes with his sword.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » A Magical High School

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus