Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Maximum Ride: New Flock

Jack (played by Teagan98)

"yeah that sounds good" Jack said and scanned the ground for a place to land.
Jamarco Comerford (played by trombonejedi) Topic Starter

Jamarco simply nodded, his mind clouded and distracted. He hadn't told the others that he was sensitive to emotions and that he often made terrible decisions. "Y-yeah," he managed to say, his wings keeping steady despite his mental state.
Orrik's oddities (played by Orrik_Zynn)

Crowe felt Jamarco's inner struggle and with a deep breath to calm himself he dropped...no warning but he folded his wings behind him and fell head first showing no signs of lifting up.

He loved this it made him feel free and gave him a boost...no matter how bad he was feeling the sensation of falling made him forget and he always knew when to let his wings out even with eyes closed and he did this now just a few feet from hitting ground and he used the speed to get back into the air and simply hovered there before he began to descend again this time landing in a tree carefully he waited for the others

Jack dive bombed into a tree and landed very ungracefully "Ow” he said.

Jamarco shakes off his state of distraction and swoops down onto a dirt road, lowering himself and landing like an airplane would, he somersaults a couple of times before slowing down to a stop and folding his colorful wings so that they hide behind his backpack. He walks over to Jack and Crowe and shrugged. "So, what are we gonna do, mon?" He says, some of his normal attitude returning.

Crowe raised an eyebrow at Jack silently questioning if he was ok before he sat with his feet dangling on the tree looking down at Jamarko he said "I was hoping one of you would have an idea...I usually travel on foot and never really have somewhere to be so I wander..." he would have to watch how he talked from now on, he didn't want to upset the others.

With a soft sigh he looks around hoping for an answer that didn't involve him having to choose.

"Help me out of the tree" Jack said.

Jamarco nods and scales the tree quickly, sitting next to where Jack was hanging and freeing his leg. He then turns to Crowe and shrugs. "I guess we have to go somewhere. I just don't know where, I've only been in this country for a year. Technically, I'm an illegal alien." For that reason, The West Indian boy didn't like to be leader of anything. If he makes a wrong move and they get caught by the authorities, there was a good chance that he would be sent back to Barbados where the whitecoats were waiting for him.

"Thanks" he said and hid his wings under his hoodie.

Crowe bowed his head understanding the others had already made up their mind on who was leader and he was the unwilling receptor but he shook it off determined to do the best he could but a cold dark thought crossed his mind causing him to shiver slightly what if my best isn't enough...they are trusting me to guide them but what if i'm not good enough? the thought looms like a dark cloud over him before he simply leans back allowing himself to fall from the tree.

Judging the distance even with his eyes closed he twists in the air and lands in a crouch and then crosses his legs sitting with his eyes still closed he says "Illegal alien? more like oh wow a boy with colorful wings...that won't be a problem Jamarco, the last thing people will be worried about is your home land besides if it comes to it I know how to pick any lock but lets hope I won't have to..." he still sounded harsh and mentally cursing himself he shakes his head adding "it's ok, they won't be able to catch you more less take you back to where you came from and i'll help make sure of that..."

"uh, I'm sorry Crowe in advance, but if your not a good enough leader i'll help you to be good enough, don't bare this this burden alone i'll help you" he said smiling, "yeah we won't let that happen to you Jamarco we're like a family the tree of us are...." jack paused for a moment to think "we're bird brothers we help each other and if one of us get's taken get go rescue them because family always sticks together" he said.

Jamarco smiles and nods, cheered up by what the other two said. "Right. Family sticks together. So, I guess we're a family. That's awesome! So, where are we going now? Maybe there are some people that can help us." He stands up on the tree branch and looks at Crowe and Jack. "Thanks for everything, guys. I've never been part of a group like this before and I can't wait to be traveling around with you. The School can't catch us now that we're a team!"

Crowe grimaced as he realized Jack had read his mind and with a shiver he looks up with a clouded expression and says "Jack...is there a way you can...not do what you just did?" he tries to sound friendly but instead sounds afraid and with a sigh he slumps down adding semi darkly "its not a school Jamarco, its a lab. Whatever they wanted us to call it its not..." he cut off and decided to instead ask about abilities. It was clear Jack could manipulate water and Jamarco knew some form of martial arts as well as parkour but other than that he was clueless and he decided if he were to lead these boys they would all have to know more about each other.

"We should all get to know each others abilities and limits...who goes first?" he asked holding his breath hoping one of the others volunteered but ready to explain his part if they didn't.

"I can read minds, and manipulate water and change it's form into steam or ice and I can freeze items and our enemies and I can freeze the area we're in but I can only freeze it up to a certain point or I'll pass out" Jack said.

"anything else? any...side effects?" Crowe asked curiously as his own "gifts" came at a price and if the others had weaknesses he wanted to know so he could keep them safe but he knew their trust was newfound and so he offered up a secret of his own more or less "I feel more than anything...my sense of smell alerts me to poisons nobody else can smell and also gives me a bit of insight on what is good to eat and what can be crafted to a poison or made to explode but these ups have their downs...like I said my sense of feeling is heightened...to the point I feel others pain as my own, I can dull the effect but it takes a lot though it sometimes helps when I can sense how others are feeling...that's how I was able to sense your distress in the alley Jack."

with a sigh he stretched out dragging a hand over his face he adds "I don't like fighting for that reason but if I have to I can...in the lab I heard about others but all I saw of this were..." he falters as he remembers the deformed possibly dead "failures" with a shiver he pushes the thoughts and images away shaking his head he licks his lips and continues "you really don't want to know...but my point was...is...that there were some helping these others in what I heard from the whitecoats..." he didn't mention that he didn't know when this happened and it could have very well been long past but they all needed hope including himself, something to cling to and maybe it wouldn't prove fruitless so he kept quiet and looked up at the others with a half smirk.

Jamarco nods, looking at Jack. "I have enhanced balancing and weight shifting skills. I think that's why I'm so good at freerunning and stuff." He pulls off a small twig and places it vertically with the tip on his palm. He keeps it balanced and standing up straight to demonstrate his ability. "I can also fly like one of them delivery drones, the four rotating thing helicopter."

"Wow your powers are so cool" Jack said to Jamarco and Crowe, "oh yeah I remember the white coats saying that they had files about our families when I escaped I managed to grab them" he said and pulled some files out from his bag.

At this point Crowe didn't know what to do with Jack...the kid seemed to be more valuable than gold, having files from the lab that even he didn't know about and being able to read minds? "Jack is there anything you can't do?" he asked genuinely curious before it dawned on him, he didn't want anything to do with his parents...then a whole host of other issues came to mind and he groaned.

"wait...they will have known the files are missing and what if..." he paused assessing his next choice of words with a huff before continuing "what if there are erasers waiting for us...?" he didn't want to think of the alternate which was them already being killed but this thought was interrupted by another they won't want our escape to become public...taking the risk to kill innocent people would gain attention that they don't want and then another what if our family's are working with them...that's why I want nothing to do with them... he massaged his temples with another huff as he began to get a headache, this was more than he had thought about since the lab and more than he cared to think about "if you guys want...I think I don't wanna know about my family, but it's worth it to read the papers at least?" he was willing to risk it to let the others find their family's but the first sign of trouble they would fly and not look back if he was to say.
Jack hears the whisper of thoughts from somewhere behind them.

It was a young, female voice. Who...why do they look like me? Am I...dreaming, or...? There was a mental gasp. No way! He can-- The thoughts were suddenly cut off, like a connection had broken, and fell silent.

Jack turned around when he heard the thoughts "come on out, we won't hurt you, your wondering why we look like you right that must mean you have wings too" he said, "also Crowe I can't use computers or phones very well or swim" he said.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Maximum Ride: New Flock

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus