Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Maximum Ride: New Flock

(OOC Note: I have a habit of tweaking my OC's abilities, backstories, etc, to fit the setting. Don't check my char profile or you might get confused. XD)

Slightly behind a tree not too far from where the boys stood, there was a movement, like a distortion of air, before a figure hesitantly peeked from behind it. It was a slim and petite girl, wearing tattered baby-blue scrubs and shivering from the faint wind. There was another strange distortion before the outline of her brown-and-black mottled wings became clear. Her black hair went down only just past her shoulders, and her hazel eyes, despite the lightness of color, were like dark mirrors. No matter how Jack tried now, at that moment, he couldn't get a read on her, like he was encountering a thick wall.

But Crowe could. He could feel that sadly-familiar mix of fear and exhaustion, the cold that she felt, the quiet light of hope that she was almost too afraid to kindle brighter. Too afraid to hope and too resolute to despair, caught in the strange limbo in the middle.

She looked up at Jack, who was slightly taller than her. She looked roughly about the same age as the boys, but she was tiny. "...probing isn't nice," her voice wavered as she spoke to him, dropping her eyes afterward.
Jamarco Comerford (played by trombonejedi) Topic Starter

Jamarco reacts and dives from the tree, rolling when he hits the ground and vaulting to his feet. He spins around and stares at the girl, startled by the intruder's movement. "Spying isn't nice either. Who are you and what do you want from us?" He says, braced for the event that he has to turn and fly off. Although he was usually laid back, the boy could become very defensive when surprised.
The girl flinched at Jamarco's sudden maneuver, which had been several times more sudden than her own quietly peeking out and emerging from behind the tree, and she huddled her brown-and-black mottled wings closer to her back in a fearful gesture, taking a step back as she too was suddenly tensed to flee. The small note of quiet that she had with Jack was suddenly gone. Her fear flashed bright and brief to Crowe for a bit before she managed to wrestle it back and try to think.

"N-nothing, I-I..." she stammered, holding her upper arm with her other hand. "...I-I saw you guys...had wings too..." she mumbled, taking another step back, and another, her voice rising a little in panic. "I-I thought...they put me on some drug again...f-followed to make sure you were real."
Jack (played by Teagan98)

Jack quickly looked through the files till he found a picture of a girl that looked like the one in front of them and held the picture out to the girl, "Is this you?" Jack asked still not sure if he or the others could trust her.
She was a little skittish, keeping her eyes on Jamarco, as she edged forward again a couple of steps, only close enough for her to peer at her image on the paper. "Mm," she agreed with a nod. "They called me SN4-R8A, but...I don't like that name." She shrugged, but every movement she made was guarded, as if afraid they were about to strike her at any moment.

It was strange to Jack that he couldn't hear her thoughts anymore. It was like he was coming across a wall when he tried to.

'I can't hear her thoughts is she blocking my ability somehow because I can still hear Crowe's thoughts and i'm trying to control this so I can't hear his thoughts' jack thought, "guys what do you think, can we trust her she seems to be telling the truth to me" he said.
Hey mind if I join
(HEY MIND IF I JOIN???)
(Hello!?!?!)
Princess emma wrote:
(Hello!?!?!)

(You're supposed to just jump in, but if you really want to ask permission you should private message trombonejedi)
(Who do y'all want me to be as???)
Princess emma wrote:
(Quit clogging the forum with OOC talk. This is an IC forum. Just make a decision.)

Princess emma wrote:

(This is a roleplay with OCs, use your imagination. Just don't be too overpowered.)
(Is just posting to attempt breathe some life back into this)

The black-haired girl looked back and forth nervously at the three boys, wondering what she would do if they ended up not trusting her after all. Maybe leave, and fly off elsewhere. Perhaps, if she watched other people's mannerisms long enough, she could get clothes, and pretend as a regular person...it was just a passing thought and a sweet fantasy. As if that would ever happen. More likely, she'd probably huddle away in a cave or something. Anything to stay away from the School.

She hoped that they could trust her. It would be nice not to be lonely anymore.

Jamarco stares at her for a while and considered their options. It was obvious that this girl was just as terrified of the School as they were and if they left her alone and she ended up being captured then all of them could be in danger. Eventually, he sighs and nods, looking at his two friends. "I don't t'ink we have much of a choice. I say take her with us, what about you guys?"

"I agree, what about you Crowe?" Jack said.
(hey guys, apparently Crowe isn't here anymore, his operator deleted their account. So I think we should just keep going as if he's not here.)
Ayura (played by 8TigerBunnyTora)

(see my note above. Also I finally created a character page for this version of the character, so you can look at it now since I'll be using it from now on.)

The girl let out a small breath of relief as they agreed. "Th...thank you," she murmured, her shoulders relaxing a little. Her blue scrubs, likely from the School, were pitiful and thin, offering little shelter from the slight breeze. She pulled her mottled brown falcon wings closer to her body to preserve what heat she could. "M...maybe I should introduce myself," she mused, a little hesitantly, but with a small smile crossing her face. "I'm Ayura."

"I'm Jack oh also you should make holes in the back of your clothes for your wings it's pretty handy" he said he looked and saw a sweater in a tree he grabbed it and made a icicle them made holes for the wings and handed the sweater to the girl "here so you won't be as cold and so you can hide your wings" he said.
Ayura (played by 8TigerBunnyTora)

Ayura took the grey sweater from Jack, a little bewildered. "Uh, thank you...was that...just hanging there?" she asked incredulously. She looked up at the branch where he'd seemingly grabbed the sweater from random, and stared at it or a few moments, wondering if perhaps she was still hallucinating one way or another. She finally came to the conclusion that she wasn't, and ultimately just shrugged, letting it slide.

She eyed the icicle in Jack's hand as he was still holding it. "Is that...what you can do? Play with ice?" she asked as the slipped on the sweater, poking her wings through the holes that he had made. She knew that people like her often had other strange powers, and he would be no exception. She looked over at Jamarco, wondering what he could do as well, before glancing back at Jack. "I mean, I can hide my wings up close, but not from afar." She offered a awkward smile. "Hopefully a sweater can conceal that from afar...sort of."

"Are you guys...going anywhere?"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Maximum Ride: New Flock

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus