Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Loner With a Wild Side

Nori-Vea (played by Mernaga) Topic Starter

"I'm. Fine. I'm not on drugs, I'm not in trouble, I don't need anyone doting on me. Go back to class, okay? Stop worrying about me. You're wasting your time, anyway." He glanced past the pair and down the hall. Everyone else was already in class by now.
Blair Thornton (played anonymously)

Blair gave Mat a nod in response. Then she rose to her feet, releasing a loud sigh. With her arms crossed over her chest, she glared down at Nori for a few moments before muttering, "You're a difficult person, aren't you?"
She didn't wait for an answer, as she was already turning away from the two boys. "I need a cigarette." She said to herself, before blatantly ignoring Nori's request and moving towards the school's front doors in long strides.

"Throw it away this time." Nori told her as she walked off.
What he said about his arm seemed to be the truth, as the spasms were starting to weaken a bit now.
Matrihan (played by Fruitloop999)

Mat huffed out a frustrated breath and stood. "Well, if being alone is what you want, I guess we can give you that for now. However," he leaned in close and flashed agitated colors through his eyes, intending for them to show through the tinted glass, "if anything like this happens again, we're helping you whether you like it or not."
With that, he spun on his heel and exited the school, giving up on class and instead deciding to take a peaceful walk through nature.

Hearing Nori's statement, her eyes lit up, and she spun around incredibly fast on her feel. "Aha! I knew you were the one who threw it away!" She exclaimed, pointing a finger at his figure as she continued to walk backwards down the hallway. She shook her head in disbelief, before turning back around with a light chuckle on her lips.
She glanced one final time at Nori over her shoulder, scoffed to herself, and bumped open the front door with her hip.

"I appreciate the gesture, but I don't need help, and I'm not interested in making friends." It was strange how polite and cordial his tone was when saying something so seemingly rude, like he was letting Mat know that he shouldn't waste time trying to get closer to Nori, and not just shooting his offer down and implying that he didn't like either of them.

"Whatever you say dude," Mat waved a hand dismissively, "just remember we're happy to help." He followed Blair out the door before wandering towards the woods, taking deep and calming breaths of the crisp air.

A few minutes later, the spasms did end up dying down almost completely, only a slight twitch at that point. Realizing he was already late anyway, and would be getting stares from every student in class, he just bailed and walked out the front doors. He'd deal with the consequences later, he couldn't care less at the moment.

Blair listened to Nori's statement, but didn't respond. She felt that her silence would be the best answer. She took a moment to inhale the bitterly cold air before she even touched her pack. Then, as she pulled out her lighter, using both hands to protect the flame from the breeze, she began mulling over his words.
Due to her stubborn nature, it only intrigued her more to figure out what his story was. She took a long drag, and let herself become lost in her own thoughts. Then, when she watched Nori walk out the door, she called out to him, "You know what? I've decided something."

"What?" He responded without stopping or looking back.
These two needed to be done talking to him. If they even couldn't leave a stupid arm twitch alone, then neither of them could be trusted to get any closer. He needed to sever whatever ties were forming between him and them immediately.

She smirked, holding the cigarette between two fingers and pointed at him. A smirk grew across her lips, just knowing he wouldn't like what she was about to say next. "I'm gonna figure you out," she declared, "even if you don't want me to."

From where he was leant against a tree several yards away, Mat snickered and privately devoted himself to the same cause: figuring out the strange highschooler who seemed willing to do anything to halt personal ties.

Nori's expression immediately became sour at her declaration, and he stopped walking for a moment as he processed it in his mind.
"Do what you want." He finally spat at her, at them both, before almost immediately resuming his walk away from the two. He was no longer appreciative of their help earlier.
This was bad.

She couldn't help but to chuckle at his reaction. She really wasn't sure why he was so withdrawn, and why he was so determined to not be close to anybody. But be damned if Blair wasn't going to try.
She watched him storm off with her back pressed against the doors, the cigarette back on her lips and a smug smile on her face.

Soon enough, he'd disappeared into the woods behind the school.
Screw not skipping two days in a row. His foster mom chewing him out was more preferable than a whole class staring, or two kids watching his every move. No, he was gonna have a day to himself.

Mat did his best to meet Blair's gaze, silently asking if they should follow the disgruntled boy or not. He was already determined to keep a close eye on him, no matter where he went.

Blair threw Mat a small half-smile, and used her free hand to wave him off. 'Go ahead, I'll catch up' is what she was trying to say. At the same time, white smoke was billowing past her lips.

A grin spread across Mat's face and he gave an overenthusiastic thumbs-up. Disappearing into the shadowed woods, he removed the sunglasses and pushed his hair back from his four ears in order to better detect the withdrawn male.

Nori went deeper into the woods, heading for a clearing deep in that he often would relax at. He remained wary of his surroundings, however, in case one of them had the bright idea of following him.
...He needed to come up with a way to make them lose interest, but how? He sat down on his favorite stump to think.

Blair continued to lounge about outside the school, now sitting on the steps with her jacket pulled tighter around her torso. She kept a close eye on the expanse of trees ahead of her, waiting for some kind of movement at the opening.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Loner With a Wild Side

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus