Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Arthurian themed - Quests (dormant)

Andrew Drake (played by fabulo)

The cook had led him to a small clearing outside the castle he had taken a coat and was ready to walk into the forest and disappear. Andrew thought about killing the cook, but that would make him no better than the king he was running from, so he left her and walked into the forest but he didn't get very far he ran into a bear in the forest and it attacked him. "Damn it! Impetus!" A blast of wind shoots towards the bear, and Andrew gets ready to fire another spell.
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

Crow's head throbbed. He laid a hand upon it and grimaced, then bowed again to Gawain and Mordred, as if he had forgotten to before. When issued the order he clicked his heels, saluted with his own brutally scarred arm, and left in search of the queen.

He found her in the corridor, seemingly headed his way. "My queen," he said, bowing to her, which nearly made him lose his balance. As before, he did not arise until she gave the command. "Sir ... Sir Gawain desires your presence, my queen. He ... he ..." What was wrong with the fellow again? Crow couldn't seem to remember. He touched his aching head. "... he is not well." He beckoned her towards the infirmary. If he noticed the condition of her face, he did not comment--it wasn't his place.
Mordred (played by Guingamor)

As he passed the kitchen in his search, he overheard someone crying in obvious distress. Looking into the kitchen, he could see the cook, shaken, supporting herself on a nearby bench. Lancelot, as well, was nearby.

The cook looks up and freezes once she sees him. "Have you seen a man come through here, blond curly hair, green eyes, small frame?" asks Mordred, realizing time is probably of the essence.

The cook nods, and just says, "He put a knife to my throat and made me lead him to the back entrance," not mentioning the bag he had her fill up with food. She just points over to it, seemingly not wanting to go back over there.

"Thank you for your assistance," says Mordred as he makes his way out the back entrance as well. He can't imagine the man had gotten far, yet, but then he might be some ways behind him.

Taff only stopped once he reached the entrance of the castle, realizing they may have to take a longer journey. He was determined that they could find her, especially with Amber's magic, but they wouldn't get very far without written permission to travel and warmer clothes, and likely someone to guard them.

"It looks like it might take longer than I hoped," he said to Amber, "maybe we should go back to Lady Morgana, and see if she could help us with travelling." He felt the pit of his stomach sink a little, as he was loathe to tell this news to Lancelot. But, if it was longer than a days journey, which it looked like it might be, Lancelot would surely have to know.

((OOC: Sorry for the lack of activity lately, I've been ridiculously tired & busy lately. Also, please excuse the cooks somewhat unrealistic reaction ^ ^; ))

Andrew didn't take that long to slay the bear but long enough that he would probably have to go faster, in his fight with the bear he had forgotten to earase his tracks, a grave mistake. They had been slightly covered up but where still visible, and he had no clue how entirely careless he was being. Walking on he kept feeling as if something or someone was following him he had better hide but where? As if to anwser his prayers ahead of him a log cabin appeared and it looked pretty old and empty so he went ahead in and saw that there was some old wood by a fire place, he decided to start a fire and was relaxing and planning what to do from here.
Amber (played by Mathgeek124)

(It's totally fine!)

She nodded. "It appears so. Well let us hurry so we may leave quickly. The quicker we leave, the quicker we find her." She turned around and started heading for Lady Morgana
"How so? This cannot be... I saw her doing rather well at the ball. Was her death sorcery or murder? No matter..." Quizzed Morgana in distress, looking for Amber and Taff for emotional support

"Thanks for letting me know we shall don black clothing and mourn her loss. You're dismissed and can retire" muttered Morgana rather upset to hear of the girl's unexpected passing away
Morgause (played by Raider-jack29)

The boy let the blush slip on to his face, once again he knew he appeared younger than he actually was. She probably confused him with an servent or new guard of sorts.
He sighed as he bowed and stood, he then turned to leave and muttered a "Goodnight my lady." Before leaving her chambers solemnly.

Amber smiled as she made her way back to Morgana's chambers. "M'lady, allow me to take Taff and leave this place, so we may find the woman we search for. The flower glows the closer we get to the borders." She smiled warmly at her.
"It is much too late, Taff, Amber, that servant boy who has just left just told me Guinevere is dead and the queen is already mourning her, we must wear black veil and attire and maintain respectful silence" sighed Morgana

"No. It can't be. I won't believe it." She was stubborn at times. "She is not dead and we can prove it to you. Let us go, just give us a few days, please."
"Absolutely out of the question, her murderer could still be on the loose. Best you both stay indoors at all times and close if possible" rejected Morgana outright

"Then I will leave myself." She took the flower, grabbed her cloak, and stormed off towards the castle stables.

(Anyone else here?)
Merthyr sighed in relief as he was finally dragged over to Mordred, crossing the man who was in the kitchens

The guards forced Merthyr to kneel before the knight as they read out the charges.

"Attempting to escape the city, causing public disorder, refusing given orders, disrespect to the authority, forgery of travel documents... What would you have me do with him?" Quizzed captain Martin

Taff couldn't hide his shock at hearing all of this. He didn't even begin to process it until Amber had taken the flower and left.

"If that's the case," he said, "then I must tell Lancelot immediately. But, Lady Morgana, please let me go with Amber. I have to find out if it's really true." Earnestly, he looked at her, before sighing quietly. "I should go give the news to Lancelot," he repeated quietly, more to himself than to anyone else.

Mordred had only walked on a small ways past the clearing before he saw guards dragging Merthyr towards him. He frowned at the charges captain Martin brought up, although it didn't occur to him that they may have passed the man he was looking for. He was more concerned with the man he was chasing.

"Captain Martin," Mordred nodded towards him, "some time in the stocks seems fair to me. Until you decide he's received his due." Mordred wasn't so much paying attention to the guards or to Merthyr; his mind was more focused on finding a trail, and his disinterest showed.

((OOC: Sorry, again, for the lack of activity. I really appreciate the patience & understanding y'all are exhibiting, thank you!!))

She walked to the stables, fuming. She quickly saddled up and prepared the horse for travel. She brought food, water, clothing, and weaponry.

Andrew leaves the hut and wanders back into the cold he walks a little farther but the blizzard intensifies, however this time all he can find is a cave. He walks into the cave and hears a deep growl, whatever the cave is warm.
"Certainly not, Taff, you're a castle servant, my manservant, you have duties that need to be done and tended to. You do not have permission to travel. Besides Merthyr is too fond of you he would never forgive me if any harm came to you" explained Morgana patiently

----

"Sir knight you granted me permission to travel and seek my father" protested Merthyr resigned feeling betrayed as he was marched to the stocks and locked up

"You're right, of course, my lady," said Taff. He didn't like it, but he knew she was right; he has duties here. He appreciated her patience with him, given everything that's happened.

"With your leave, may I go bear the news to Lancelot? Is there anything you need?" The questions were genuine; he was glad to be of service to his friend.

"But I didn't give you permission to cause public disorder, or to refuse given orders," retorted Mordred in an objective tone. Internally, he felt a small amount of satisfaction at having impeded Merthyr slightly, though he knew he'd have to check up on him later.

He turned his attention back to the search, not that it had ever left in any case. Nodding to the guards, he continued to make his way past the clearing and further into the forest.

He was relaxing and sitting in the warmth when he heard the growl again closer this time, he decided to go check it out and as he got closer to the noise he saw a glittering light. Gold, and what beasts where often found with gold? Dragons. A particularly mean looking one to be precise, smoke drifted out of it's nostrils making it look feirce. "Ugh, well!" He then got ready to say a spell by preparing himself mentally. "Rigescunt induetae!" Frost slowly forms around the dragon quelling even his deepest flames, he then reached inside the dragon grabbing his flame which had been frozen, he hid it in his bag.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Arthurian themed - Quests (dormant)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus