Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Raffle: Spread the love!

Dragonfire Moderator

Neato, door prizes! :3

Out of curiosity, Kim, has there been any visible increase of traffic while this has been going on?
Darth_Angelus Moderator

That almost sounds like a song ;)
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

You know, it's really interesting -- The Epic Celebration week? That whole week I was tearing my hair out, because I was working so hard and that week happened to be the lowest attendance we've had in months... But right after the celebration ended, we had this amazing spike in traffic. It has only translated into slightly higher community participation, although character creation is definitely noticeably climbing.

I haven't changed the way that I advertise the site (which isn't really much at all), so it has to be all word of mouth. I have no explanation for why things slowed down during the celebration. My guess is just random flux, or everyone had something going on at school. Who knows! The internet is totally weird.
Dragonfire Moderator

Huh! Well, at least that likely means folks were trundling through to check things out, even if some of them didn't stick around. Good job, community! :D
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Surprising you say that Kim, although you are right, the internet is weird.

Well, you can see the difference between people who arrive looking for a community, and people who just want to use it to store their character info. The latter generates a lot of page views, but not many forum posts. If that makes sense.

Both styles of use are perfectly acceptable in my mind, there's no "right" way to use the RPR. As much as I like to make new friends. ;) And people who are just storing their info sometimes become active community members here months later.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I guess we'll see what happens in a few months when those people discover what a great community exists here :)
Dragonfire Moderator

Ohh, I see. Well, that's true, too! And it's what the site's primary function is for, after all. :3 Lots of ways to contribute and support, there are.
I've been looking for a place like this. :D I've been having trouble finding a good place to RP. And I'm sure there are lots of people out there that just need to be directed to RPR. Thanks for making this site, and making it amazing. Especially character creation. I plan on bringing in more people for you, because that just makes it better.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

That gives me an idea, hold on :)

Yes indeedy.

Thank you Kuroi! Hearing things like that is really encouraging. The enthusiasm people have for this place makes all the hours I put in so worth it.
Not a problem. If you ever need help with anything, (and it's something I can do >.>) I would be glad to help. I had a site going for a bit and I know how stressful it is. I just didn't have the time for it and I would have loved help.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Done :)

Attracting people's attention is probably the hardest thing to do with any online project.
Dragonfire Moderator

Iiiii see what you did there! :)

The number one thing that people can do to help, other than telling their friends they <3 the RPR, is to become an active bug reporter.

Anything that works a little funny, I want to know about. The site is really big and complicated, and works a tiny bit differently in every browser (and browser version) out there, so that I can't possibly catch everything on my own. I hear from people all the time that they feel bad and don't want to create more work for me so they don't report bugs, but they can't imagine how much I would appreciate a clear bug report. I even give out tiny prizes to people who give me useful feedback.

Hey, that's some fancy footwork, Darth. ;)
Darth_Angelus Moderator

It seemed like the thing to do ;)

That seems like a good way to naturally mention:

If you didn't win here - or if you did and you have a taste for free stuff - there are still three contests going on right now.

Invent a Tagline
Did You Know? Trivia
Art Contest: Genre Mascots

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Raffle: Spread the love!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus