Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Kiss of Death (OPEN)

When your blood drips from your sweet cherry lips,I sigh of sadness. I wish more then ever to kiss those sweet lips one more time,and taste your honey lips. I wish more then ever to see you my love,for I The King of Death have ended your time here. I only wish that I was not a grim. I only wish I didn't use The Kiss Of Death on you.

A bouquet of roses were placed slowly upon a tombstone. The white gloves that we're slightly smeared in blood tightened,and then released.

I was a fool to kill someone I loved,but I would rather let her die by my hands then that other guy's.

The male picked up his blue,and black staff with a silver skull on its handle,having a tear drop onto the mid section of the skull. He stood up quietly with his dark blue hair slightly blowing,and his sheath slightly hitting his side.

Kathryna...I still love you.

The males black boots shuffled through the grass with his staff dragging a long the side. The male's light blue eyes sparkled and shined but it showed sorrow.

"Being the king of death is not as fun as it sounds."

He fixed the red rose on his chest and walked along a field,slowly getting back to a town.
Death (played by PenGryphon2007)

King Death wasn't the only one visiting the cemetery today. Reaper, cowled in black and sitting with his back propped up against a tombstone, overheard the comment about the job not being fun.

With a frown he peered around the tombstone in time to see King Death walking away. Job satisfaction generally was lacking recently, but then they didn't exactly get "thank yous" from those they came to collect.

Sighing, he stood up, brushed his cloak free of the newly turned dirt on the fresh grave and followed after King Death. The butt of his scythe bumping against the ground as he dragged it behind him.

"You're doing it wrong if you're not having fun," he called ahead.
King Death (played by ChaoticMonkey) Topic Starter

King Death,who was also called Grim for short,stopped walking. "I killed the very person I was in love with. At that point the thrill of killing died out a while back." His head turned slightly towards Reaper and gripped his staff a little tighter.

"I loved my job untill the person who helped me like it died." Grim (King Death) looked at Reaper with a deadly smirk that the usual female specimen would fall for,and the men would wish they had. "It's interesting how you reek the scent of blood. You find joy in others pain with them watching a loved one die."

A grim who's soul is filled with sorrow can be very dangerous. If threatened then I will be forced to...defeat this person.

Grim crossed his arms with the skull part of his staff about an inch from his face.

Whatever the half-grin on Reaper's face had been, it dwindled until he frowned. Grim had obviously been more attached to a mortal than he'd given credit.

"I'm sorry. I find it best not to linger with mortals too often, lest an attachment become too hard to break." His tone was neutral, informing, not jesting as it had been earlier.

The scythe trailing along behind him stopped jostling as he came to a halt, eying Grim warily. Was this guy about to attack him?

"If you want to work off some of your sorrow, I'd be more than happy to provide an outlet. Assuming you don't go all death-god on me and try to harves ME in place of some mortal."

Grim's eyebrow rose and he pulled his staff behind his back. "Am I really That defensive looking?" He turned away once more and then shook his head. "Man,I need to work on that." Grim started to flip his staff through his finger as a blade came from the skulls mouth,making it look like a scythe.

As he kept flipping it,another came from the end of the staff,but facing a different direction. He was someone who could fight better then most fellow reapers.

Hm,perhaps I am just a bit on the defensive side unknowingly. Just because I hold a blade close does not mean I will use it.

Reaper shrugged and watched as Grim proceeded to show off his skills with the staff. He was mildly impressed, to be honest, though he didn't so much as bring his scythe forward.

"Well," Reaper stepped away from the spinning staff of doom, "I suppose my good deed for the day is done. I'm off to find another soul to harvest. Good luck with your, uh, duties."

He grinned lopsidedly as he sidled past Grim to head to town, whistling a creepy tune as he did so.

"W-wait,hold up there!" Grim smiled kindly befor appearing in front of Reaper. "There is a pack of gangsters and thugs that are suppose to die today. Mind helping me out on that one?"

Grim wasn't a bad guy if you got to know him,but he was still a killer.

Reaper flinched when Grim reappeared in front of him, his grip tightening briefly around his scythe.

"Oh? A gang of thugs?" He threw back the hood of his cloak, revealing dark brown, nearly black hair and black eyes. A wicked grin crossed his face. "I take back my earlier statement, you do know how to have a good time. Where and when is this little party supposed to happen?"

Grim smiled at the remark of him saying he does know how to have fun. "It should be taking place near nightfall hills. I'm sure we will get there sooner If we just 'appeared' there,but I would rather walk. Perhaps we might find fun on the way."

Grim started to walk while twirling his staff aground,flames slightly following the blades. "By the way,nice hair."

The Reaper grinned at Grim. "Fun along the way, I like the sound of that." He dropped back to keep pace with Grim, giving a wide berth to the twirling flaming baton.

It was the comment about his hair that got him. And he nearly tripped over his scythe. "Uh, thanks? I don't do anything special. Dead protein is still dead even as a reaper." He ran his hand through his locks, before glancing at Grim. "Now see, I'd rather dye mine like yours; dark blue has a sort of...mystical look to it that works for a death god."

He then pointed at the staff. "So, I take it this isn't your first culling, reaping, what-have-you. Been doing this long?"

Grim smirked a little about the color of his hair then looked at Reaper who was pointing at his staff. "Accualy I've been reaping for three-thousand, Seven-hundred, eighty-nine years. My first reaping was when I was born."

Grim was highly skilled,because not many reapers could kill when just born.

Reaper's jaw dropped. And stayed hanging open for a long moment. "Three thousand years?" His black eyes widened to become like blackholes in his face. "And I thought I was special."

He shook his head and side-stepped as he spun his scythe around in an impressive arch. Not that it was anything special compared to Grim's flaming baton--as it would now be called in Reaper's eyes.

"I've only been doing this for five hundred years. It's...in my blood, you could say, though I wasn't meant to be a reaper. I was supposed to be a shinigami, or someone who transferred souls to heaven or hell. But...how did you manage to start reaping when you were born?" Had the kid been given a scythe instead of a rattle?

"My father was one of the most strongest reapers in history. He set aside this staff and said that when it goes to me,I am ready for battle. That same very day it came to me and shrunk to my size,or liking. I quickly killed my own father with in two seconds. I was given his power and he could only smile as my blade struck his soul."

He threw his staff in the air and cought it while he blades got longer and were flaming.

Reaper grinned. He'd just made a very powerful friend, or acquaintance rather, with Grim. He could see no downside of befriending him.

"That's some talent," he agreed. "So, if you don't mind my asking, how was it you fell for a mortal woman? Seems a guy like you would know better, given your, well, lineage."

Grim nearly dropped his staff at the mention of his mortal lover. "I was there to kill her,but her beauty struck me down. I was suppose to take her soul when the male was to kill her. I couldn't watch so I made myself visible and I killed her murderer. She knew what I was but she wasn't scared. We lived three years together befor I had no choice but to kill her."

A tear ran down his cheek as he continued. "I did it in a way we would both enjoy it. The kiss of death."

Reaper fell silent, listening and averting his eyes at the tear. "I'm sorry," he said softly. His hands clenched into a fist though. "I'm glad you did what you did, though. If you hadn't, I would have interfered." Assuming he had been in the right place at the right time.

"Mortals are funny creatures, aren't they? Yet for all that they live maybe a hundred years tops, they still are able to achieve great things. And we're not immune to their carnality either."

He sighed and looked up at the blade of his scythe. Five hundred years and he had kept everyone at scythe's distance. Intentionally keeping them away, including the other reapers.

Grim wiped away the tears and nodded. His eyes turned from light blue to a dark crimson. He seemed to have an evil Ora around him as he looked around with a growl. His staffs blade got even sharper and bigger.

He sensed something wrong in the area and they had ten minutes to get to their destination. A whispering voice distracted him just a bit.

"My King of Death..."

It sounded like his lover as he shook his head. "NO!!!" The voice echoed around him as he tried to forget about her. It was only a distraction as some evil being was getting closer.

It wasn't distance or time that grated on the Reaper's nerves. It was the feeling of wrongness that emanated from somewhere nearby. Turning, he saw that Grim also sensed it.

"Any idea where it's...I think it's coming from over there." He leveled his scythe, blade-first, in the direction they had been walking. But there seemed to be a few buildings in the way.

He felt a tingle of coldness travel through him. "Well, you did promise fun," the Reaper said with a tight smile and an equally tight hold on his scythe as he waited for the creature to manifest.

"Y-yeah..." He swung his blade one good time befor his rose on his clothes turned to fire,and his skin became a bit pale. "I love a good fight every once in a while. I kinda thought something like this would happen."

He growled as his purple like clothes turned red and he seemed like a handsome reaper then ever.

Reaper grinned as Grim changed. But none had mastered it so well as Reaper--who had had to do something to mildly impress his relatives.

He closed his eyes and a black aura swept over him. The cloak and hood turned to shadow, once again obscuring his physical features; the scythe in his hand seemed to stretch, and even the blade on the end seemed to grow longer, sharper. It shone like silver, though the scythe's handle was wooden. And now Reaper was ready.

"Bring it on. You attacking from the front or behind?"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Kiss of Death (OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus