Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Kiss of Death (OPEN)

King Death (played by ChaoticMonkey) Topic Starter

"Front. I like my enemy to see to see the face of death it's self."

Grim's voice was deeper and more noble. His blades burning and craving enemy blood as his head turned with him sensing something else. Two? No Three? No Ten. The numbers were only getting bigger. More and more enemies came.
Death (played by PenGryphon2007)

Reaper shrugged. "I'll take..." he trailed off as the feeling intensified and then shifted. He grumbled softly as he turned slowly, taking into account the number of enemies.

"These aren't part of that gang you were speaking of earlier, are they?" he asked hopefully. He could do with some warming up before a massive slaying party such as the one they were about to encounter.

His scythe began to pulse, invisible energy waves emanating from the blade. It was an unconscious call for help, one that Reaper couldn't prevent. He tapped his scythe against the ground. "Stop that," he grouched. "You're only going to cause more problems."

"It is surely the gang. Surprisingly I'm glad I offered for your help. Their power gives off an intoxicating scent." Grim was not himself that day. He was hesitating a little.

"Well..Death wish."

He made a demonic sound befor killing three of them in one point to seconds.

Reaper shielded himself as Grim killed three of the creatures. "Well, I'm happy to lend a hand. Er, Scythe."

He vanished from the spot to appear behind one of the other creatures, swinging his scythe in a wide arc. The blade struck cleanly and the creature disintegrated as Reaper absorbed the energy.

"You weren't kidding," he muttered under his breath, turning in time to see one of the creatures charging him.

(ooc: So sorry for the delay!)

Grim soon stood there with his eyes pointed towards the slightly barren ground. Everything around him started to heat up and his anger spiked. He was thinking about his life but soon turned into the worse thing possible. A devil.

He swung his staffs as usual and his body was slightly ripped by blades that came from his body. His blood started to drip from his body. He could only put on an evil smirk a the time. A blade lunged from his body and killed the creature coming for Reaper then he did something rather odd. By quickly grabbing Reaper and keeping him close, the other blades that came from his body and killed the rest of the members.

His eyes soon fell upon Reaper,then closed as he soon fell to the ground.

(ooc:It's fine,I was gone for a while so I'm sorry too.)

Reaper was startled, both by the fact that the charging creature dropped dead before he could slay it as from the fact that Grim had blades coming from his body. And well, the devil had saved him. That was a first.

He caught Grim before he could fall to the ground. "Whoa, hang on there; now's really not the time to be playing dead."

He slung Grim's arm over his shoulder, hoping that he wouldn't get stabbed in the process. "Let's find some cover shall we?"

Reaper teleported them to a nearby safe-zone. A place he knew where they wouldn't be disturbed. For now at least.

He bled from his mouth in pain as the blades retracted and pained him more. He soon yelled just a bit. "AGH! My body hurts...so much." He felt worthless for a minute and didn't know he could do that.

When he finally thought it was over,the blades came out again and surrounded him and Reaper. "UGH! AGH!" It pained him even more as he looked weakly up at reaper.

Reaper had no idea what to do to help. He grimaced. "Don't hate me for this, please." And really, they'd been getting along so well.

Reaper lowered Grim to the ground and stepped back. He wasn't sure what was going to happen next, but he braced himself for the worst. "Whatever happens, hold still," Reaper warned.

The scythe reappeared in his hand at once and with a quick swing he brought the blade of it to touch lightly at Grim's neck where the scythe could bleed off the extra energy that seemed to be the source for Grim's lack of control over the blades.

If or once the blades stopped forming, Reaper would lower his scythe blade; unless he was skewered, in which case the scythe would clatter to the ground.

Grim's eyes widened as the blades broke and he fell back in even greater pain. "Ugh...Where the hell did those blades even come from...and does that mean if I get a female prego she will have blade babies? That would be oh so horrid." He slowly got up and walked went to Reaper with a smile.

"Thanks for your help. Perhaps I was feeling over protective?" He smiled and hugged him.

Reaper smirked a little. "Well, I'm assuming it would be a first if a woman got preggers by one of us."

He awkwardly patted Grim's back, totally thrown by the hug. It was the first time he'd been hugged like that. In this form at least. His mortal one had been a different story. "Uh, you feeling okay? You used up quite a bit of power earlier."

But internally he was wondering just how powerful this guy was. "I don't think I ever caught your name," he added as an afterthought.

"It's King Death. Call me Grim." He smiled just a bit and wiped blood that was on his neck. "Ugh,my body is stinging...it hurts a lot but not as bad. You're a great help though."

"Good thing you didn't take them all on yourself," said Reaper with a wry grin. Grim probably could have done alright without Reaper's help, but it had been nice to use his scythe for once.

"If the pain is that bad..." Reaper hesitated. The scythe's properties could restore energy to the one who wielded it; but it was a question of how much he'd be able to trust Grim. He offered the scythe to Grim, "You can borrow this. Just hold it for a few seconds; it'll return the energy you lost from the fight."

Grim looked down and shook his head. "I can't take that even for the slightest bit of time. Unlike most reapers...I have a slight problem with touching other weapons."

King Death coughed a little and did a good job making it seem like he wasn't hurting anymore,but was really screaming on the inside.

Reaper blinked at him. "You...can't use other weapons?" Was that the reason why he had blades inside him?

He flopped down next to Grim. He hated being indebted to someone who just saved his incorporeal non-life. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

Grim looked at Reaper with a smile. "It's nice of you to stay here with me for a little while,and your company is well enough for me." Grim looks down and still having his charming smile. Most reapers were known to be looking like skeletons and wearing dark cloaks and stuff,but not Grim.

His hair was messy,but it only made him look better,his skin was fair, and he always had a seductive look.

Reaper shrugged. "It's the least I can do; there's no telling whether there's anything else out there that won't find us if we split up. Besides," he added with a wry smile, "if a reaper and a Grim can't take a short break, the world is in very bad trouble indeed."

Not that the shimigami would complain; it gave them one less Reaper to worry about in terms of saving souls before creatures such as himself got to it first. He lowered his scythe, sheathing it into the straps that were woven into the back of his cloak.

"How long does it usually take you to recover?"

"An hour,and I am most dangerous when recovering." He might have seemed weak but the statement was more real then hell itself. He coughed a few times and looked down,shivering just a little.

Most people would wonder "Who the hell is this guy?"But honestly,he was the Grim Reaper of all. It didn't make sense for a human female to even get close to one without dying,let alone kiss one. Perhaps King Death just got lucky.

He soon yelled in pain and growled,he still has that smirk though. His body once again tore as the blades surrounded Reaper and Grim. His eyes were now red,but he showed no pain this time. He was about two feet from Reaper,while holding his staff in a protective like way.

He sensed something possibly stronger then him. He was not gonna take the chances of being off guard. She blades grew then started flaming as the stopped rotating around them. Grim growled a little,and was also slightly making his wounds worse.

I can't control myself...I must...utilize my blades for this endeavor. It isn't right...I can not comprehend the reason for my doing this though. Can't I use my regular staff?

Reaper nodded, keeping a wary eye on his charge. At least Grim was being honest, and he really didn't know what Grim's abilities were or how far they extended.

He near about leaped out of the way when the blades reappeared and he looked around them. "What is it?" he asked, noting that Grim seemed to have found something he didn't like.

Reaper adjusted his grip on the scythe. "Leave it to me, you've done more than enough in...protecting me."

Grim closed his eyes and shook his head. "They are as strong as me if not,stronger. What makes it worse is it's a female. Damn I'm weak to a woman." He sighed and crossed his arms just a little.

He growled even more as his hair turned crimson.

Reaper chuckled at that. "Weak to woman, then I have a plan. You stay here to lure her in. I'll attack her from behind. Between the two of us, she won't have a chance."

Reaper, himself, was an interesting entity. While biologically male, he seemed indifferent to those he hung out with. Perhaps it was that mortals died far too soon and led far too short for his taste; and his fellow reapers were rivals in terms of feeding upon souls left uncollected. So really, he was a one-man army. And he really didn't need companionship--or so he thought. But he was finding that working wtih Grim, even if it was to team up briefly, was getting his blood raging. What little of it remained to his husk of a body.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Kiss of Death (OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus