Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Deadly Tension (Closed)

Melstrum (played by Dreath) Topic Starter

The Orcs would find themselves stopped as a roar echoed through the woodland. From the foliage five Drake mounted Y'kish come out all wielding halberds pointed at the Orcs. They were surrounded. They wore proper armour. Helmets and all. The Drakes were armored and all had the emblem of the capital. One of them had a small red fin on his helmet. Emerging between his horns. He was likely in charge.
"What brings Orcs this far North?" He asks as the Drakes snarl. Eager to feast on possible intruders.
"Mov'n our father's grave." Spoke up one of the Orcs. "He grew up in Kyldrii, and we thought he'd rather be buried somewhere here rather than just left in some Dragon's cave back in Gorbyl." The Orc explained.

The Y'kish looks them over. Something wasn't right. He looked down to one of his followers and said something in a local tongue. It sounded not unlike growls and snarls but there was some pattern to it. The one spoken to nods and approached. "Oh an Orc raider wants to be buried in our land?" He snarls. "Last I checked your people rarely go anywhere unless money or a fight is involved. And at the moments we don't want trouble." The commander says keeping them at halberds length. The Drakes snarled and snapped.
"So then let us by." Spoke another Orc. "You're fued's with the humans, not us." The Orc said. "Didn't think there was any problem cross'n the border with us." The Orc added.

The Y'kish snarls to the Orc.
"You don't have any right to be making demands." He lets out a low grown and the Drake bares it's claws. "Where are you taking the body? What province?"
"Here. In Fodnart." The Orc said. "Figured it wouldn't matter if we buried 'im here. I mean, he's dead. Not like he's gonna be caus'n any trouble." The Orc said.

The commander nodded to his men and they moved around. The Drakes sniffed it all over. The stench of th Orcs was something like a a cow laying in it's own filth and then left out in the cold for the night. The Drakes moved back not getting riled up. Giving them one final look over the commander lets them pass.
"Move. Then get from Kyldrii." He says accent full force as they move to the side.
"Thank ya." The Orc said, before they continued on. They followed the trail, which was indicated by an occasional waist high fence of ice raised up through the snow. They clearly weren't natural formations. Eventually they came to a stop, a long ways away from the border. The lid to the coffin Ignar was in was kicked off as the Revenant clambered out.

"Ha! Would have thought those Drakes would have smelt ya. Dumb animals." An Orc laughs nudging his buddy. Rogg snarls at the Orc.
"That was too close for comfort." He growls. "So where we goin to find this magic rock of yours?" Rogg looks over to Ingar. Their little cart and coffin being left by the Orcs. No longer wanting to push it.
Ingar raised a finger, pointing towards the mountains in the distance. "A massive, serpentine dragon was spotted there." Ingar began. "My Master believes it to be a pure Chimera. One can only be created with a Philosopher's stone." Ingar explained. "What 'bout Lindworms?" An orc asked. "Kyldrii's climate is far too harsh for Lndworms. They require moist, damp, and at least temperate climates to survive. The mountains of Kyldrii are far too cold and dry for any species of Lindworm." Ingar explained

"So we're hear to chase some mythical monster which only has a chance of being related to this rock of yours?" Rogg spat. "As long as we get paid like you said whatever." He looked over to the mountains. "Looks like a good fifteen hour walk at best. How do you propose we go about it?" Rogg asks the other Orcs staying quiet. The mountain was still some distance away.
"Before we make our way to the mountain, I'm going to need some things." Ingar began. He walked to the side of the path and looked up at a tree. The tree, save for the upper limbs, was completely devoid of branches. "As I'm sure you're aware, trees that are missing limbs are typically signs of Troll habitation. Judging by how high up the tree goes without limbs, there's a very large Troll. Rogg, you and I are going to find and kill this troll. The rest of you, split into two teams. The first team, you are to find at least two Polar Drakes. Kill them. Team two, you will find and kill at least two Griffons." Ingar explained. "We will meet back here by dusk. Any questions?" Ingar asked.

One of the Orcs stood forward.
"Where da bloody 'ell are we gonna find Griffons? Those tings aren't exactly like rats. They is hard to find." Rogg pulls his mace from the wagon and slams it into the a tree taking a large chunk from it.
"Then you betta get looking ya sorry gits. Find us dem dead things or betta hope you got eaten by dem." The other Orcs look to each other and pair up. Each one collected their weapon. Two had rather old looking cleavers but still likely to hack flesh apart. The other two had some form or clubs. Mostly older and looking like a mix of wood and metal. The Orcs grunted and went off to hunt. Rogg turns to Ingar. "So what we need those things for?" He asks seeming confused.
"I advise checking any tall thick trees. Particularly Stone Oaks. Griffons like to roost in them." Ingar said before the orcs headed out. He turned to Rogg when he was asked about the creatures. "Ingredients." Ingar said. "If the beast is truly related to the Philosopher's stone, it is more than likely a Chimera, and we would pose next to no threat to it." Ingar began. "So I intend to make a Chimera of my own." He said, before heading off into the woods.

"Wait? You have one of those fancy stones? So why we hunting another one if you can just make these things yourself?" Rogg asks not understanding of what is happening. As they began wandering into the forest Rogg noticed several trees had the top branches seemingly picked almost clean. But plenty more were untouched. So it couldn't be something as simple as the cold stripping them.
"That is none of your concern." Ingar said as they walked through the forest. "I'm surprised a Troll this large is living so near a road. I would assume the Y'kish would have killed the beast by now." Ingar said.

"Could be migrating. Recent seasonal change. Could also be a group. Likely moved past here some time ago." Rogg says having some tracking skills. Ingar's defensiveness over the stone was curious but he thought best not to ask. This was after all just a job which paid a lot. Not worth sticking his neck too far out for though. "Trolls tend to head towards mountains and caves. Several ranges around here probably looking for food. Given the trees are fairly far apart when it has picked at them. Likely on the move."
Ingar didn't say much as they walked. They were walking for a while before they came upon anything else, aside from trees with missing branches. They soon found a dead dragon. It clearly wasn't fully grown judging by its size. Its neck had been broken. "Still fresh." Ingar said, before looking around. Some of the ground had been scorched, alongside a few trees. Chances are, the fires were put out by the sheer cold. "Well, it might be injured." Ingar said. "that'll make killing it easier." he added.

The Dragon was about twice the size of the Drakes. The mountains nearby likely housed it. About five hundred meters away was a cluster of them. Caves and caverns likely ran through them. The Dragon's neck was snapped back and it had blood on it's claws and teeth. Its jaw was filled with some sloppy and half frozen blood. But the wounds were still moist. Likely hit in the mouth with something. Cut its throat up a bit. Rogg looked in its maw.
"Probably within the hour. Likely when we met the guard or just before. " Rogg says given what evidence he had.
"More than likely." Ingar said glancing at the mountains not far from here. Ingar soon continued on forward. "Stay on guard. It's not unusual for Trolls to set up ambushes." Ingar said.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Deadly Tension (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus