Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Deadly Tension (Closed)

Melstrum (played by Dreath) Topic Starter

The people watching walked off continue their daily lives. Chatting and likely gossiping about the fight. The older man wanders over clapping.
"Very nice. Very nice indeed." He says looking down to the young trainee. "You got cocky." He says With a stern glare. He then looks to Jackie. "You're that Paladin right?"
"I'm one of them. sorta. Not technically a Paladin yet." Jackie said. "Uh... sorry about the stick." Jackie said, sheepiushly handing it to the older Y'kish.

He took it and looked at it jabbing it into the dirt by the broken end.
"No worries. We go through them. You're a bit of a resourceful one aren't you?"
"I guess so." Jackie said. "I should probably get going. I need to find the rest of the paladins and soldiers I came with." Jackie said.

"Jackie?" A familiar voice says and behind her Wilhelm approaches. He notices the broken staff and Y'kish on the ground. The young man, now beaten stands and pushes against his ribs looking to the older Paladin. Now seeming more intimidated. "What happened here?"
Jackie froze. She turned to face Wilhelm. "Um.... Uh...." She began to stutter nervously. Getting into a fight back home because her ego was hurt was bad enough, but on a mission, andi n a country where relations between the locals and the Empire were strained was even worse. "I... uh...." Jackie stuttered.

The older Y'kish steps forward.
"Paladin." He says bowing in respect. "One of my students here took it upon himself to challenge this young one to a fight. From what I saw he was outclassed." He says with a condescending look in the corner of his eye to the younger one. He looks down and away, humiliated. The older one smiles to Wilhelm. "She's a good fighter. I apologize if any trouble was caused."
Jackie remained silent. She was radiating nervousness. Atleast the older Y'kish seemed to have respect for Jackie and didn't immediately begin ranting about how horrible the Paladins and Empire were, like she was sure some of the other Y'kish in the village would.

Wilhelm looked to Jackie and nodded to the Y'kish.
"Kind of you. I'm glad she didn't seem to cause any trouble. Come along Jackie. The meeting is about to begin." He turns to leave. The Y'kish smirks to Jackie as he and the other gather the staffs and leave.
Jackie gave a nod to the Y'kish, before following after Wilhelm. She didn't intend to press matters any further. "Did we get new mounts for the trip?" Jackie asked as they went through the streets.

"Yes we'll have Drakes to tow us the rest of the way. But now we have a meeting with the Chieftain." He says as they wander through the snow covered streets. "So what happened?"
Jackie let out a sigh. "That jerk that was on the ground was sayin that I wasn't a real Paladin." Jackie began. "And that I was only just a pet." Jackie said. "He challenged me to a fight and I accepted." Jackie said.

"You won it seems?" Wilhelm says without adding anything in regards to punishment or praise. "That ego of yours needs to be careful. An outburst like that could have consequences here."
Jackie nodded. "Yeah. I did." She said, before looking at the ground. "Sorry, Wilhelm." Jackie said. "So why's the chieftain wanna see us?" Jackie asked.

"Discussing the next parts of our mission. More of a courtesy call than anything. Seeing us off with the Drakes."
Jackie nodded. "So is there anyone that lived in Kyldrii that you were on good terms with?" Jackie asked.

Wilhelm snickered.
"Last time I was here I was fighting them. The fact we haven't been swarmed by an angry mob is Alrick's doing. Few men have such good placing with the Y'kish. No others I know."
"Oh. Ok." Jackie said, not really sure what else to say.

They arrived at the meeting hall and all the standard formalities were given. The discussion was had and spite could be felt in the air but no one said anything. Once the meeting was done the Paladins were given some quarters to rest in for the evening. They would depart at dawn with the new Drakes taking them further. A small group of four Y'kish went with them to manage and direct the Drakes who could get a little out of hand. The horses would be left there to be collected on return.
Elsewhere, the Orc band was crossing the border. They'd managed to figure out an idea for a cover to get Ignar into Kyldrii. Since he was a walking corpse, they managed to get ahold of a large enough casket for him and he played dead in it. If they were stopped, the Orcs would simply tell of how htye were adopted by Ingar and had decided to relocate his corpse to Kyldrii, saying that he grew up there before he moved to Gorbyl. Hopefully the cover story would work.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Deadly Tension (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus