Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Deadly Tension (Closed)

Melstrum (played by Dreath) Topic Starter

"Your hospitality is most appreciated." Alrick says with the polite grace of a dignitary. Dismounting his horse the tired animal shakes its mane of some snow and nervously looks about. Possibly sensing the tension itself. Wilhelm dismounts and brings his horse around front.
"We should set the convoy down. The horses could use rest." Wilhelm says to the commander and his fellow Paladin. Alrick nods to agree.
"Agreed. Where would be a good place for us to place out convoy and horses Commander?" He asks the head Y'kish.
The commander thought for a moment. "We can put them in the stables, though we'll need to retrieve hay for the horses to eat, and move out the Drakes." The Commander said. He gave a few of his men orders, before they headed off. "They will lead your convoy to the stables." The Commander said.

"Understood." Alrick said and Wilhelm went with them. "As for our men. We're capable of simply establishing camp if need be. I apologize for putting your Drakes out like that." He looks over the town. The architecture was always fascinating. Ice was used to strengthen supports over stone and the rarer concrete that was being worked on.
"They'll live." the commander said. "From what I understand you aren't going to be in Myggs'pl for long before you're taken to the Capital." the Commander said.

Alrick nods.
"Yes we will only be here the night to allow safe rest for the horses. But I'm unfamiliar with the landscape ahead. Is the trip to the capital a days ride away? With the horses and convoys I mean?" He asks having not been the most aware of the terrain. But given the landscape and weather the horses may not be able to make what should be a day trip in less than three days. They may need better carriers possibly the Drakes.
"I do not know how long a trip it would be on Horseback." The commander said. "The further into Kyldrii one gets, the less hospitable the climate becomes for Horses." The Commander explained. He thought. "If need be I can grant you Drakes?" The Commander offered.

"It would seem so. If the weather is anything like I remember the horses would probably die before we got half way. The cold and then the predators." He looks out to the convoy as it's pulled away. "But now we may worry about that later. I do hope this is the start of something wonderful." Alrick says looking over to Jackie. "Would it be possible for the girl to look around?"
"So long as she keeps out of trouble I don't care what she, and hte rest of your convoy, decide to do whilst you are in Myggs'pl so long as they stay out of trouble. It was a great show of trust between our High Chieftain to allow you into Kyldrii. I advise that you don't make us regret it." The commander said. "I would also advise that whilst in Kyldrii your men not travel alone in the villages I'm sure you'll stop by. I'm certain many aren't going to want to give Humans a second chance and trouble may arise from that." The Commander explained.

Jackie's ears perked up when she was mentioned. "Wha?" She asked, having not been paying attention. "If you wish to wander the village whilst you're here you're welcome to, little one." The Commander said. "I'm not little." Jackie said, folding her arms across her chest. The irony of her saying this to a warrior who was quite possibly over ten feet tall clearly flew over her head.

"Your warning is duly noted. I've already informed them to stay together and where instructed."Alrick looks through the corner of his eyes catching the dagger like gazes of the towns occupants albeit subtly. "It would be the same if you came to the Empire. I do hope this can change all that." He says seeming to ignore Jackie's comment. Alrick could tell if things were going sour but a childish comment from the comparatively young Jackie would hardly cause issue. Least with this commander.
"Hopefully so." The commander said, before his ears perked up when Jackie made her comment. He let out a hardly laugh. "What?" Jackie asked. "I'm 16, if I wasn't training to be a paladin I'd be old enough to get married!" Jackie added, only gaining more laughs from the Commander. "My son is just a year older than you, and he was barely old enough to begin training as a Tribe Warrior." The Commander laughed. "I assume you were not raised amongst other Y'kish?" The Commander asked. Jackie shook her head. "I thought so. Our people have long childhoods, compared to humans at least. Amongst Y'kish you aren't considered of age until you start breathing fire." The Commander said. Jackie had a look of utter shock on her face. "I-I can breathe fire?" She asked. "Not if you're 16, as you said. I didn't develop the ability until I was 31. Though I was a late bloomer. Most gain the ability when they're 25." The Commander explained.

"You know if may be a smart idea for Jackie to learn the ways of her people. She clearly could learn a bit and will hardly cause trouble." Alrick says with the look of a caring grandparent. He then prepares to head off with the command so they may get the political things underway. This process would take some time.
The Commander nodded. "Go ahead and explore to your leasure." The Commander said. "Uh... I dunno..." Jackie said. "Um... I think I'm just gonna go try and find Wilhelm." Jackie said, clearly not wanting to be wandering the village on her own. It wasn't much longer before she headed off.

"Ok... I think he went that way..." Jackie said to herself as she attempted to track down Wilhelm.

Y'kish all about looked over to Jackie discreetly. They seemed to view her with both curiocity and disgust. Both looks blurred into one and were done with the subtly you'd expect from a politician not a bunch of townsfolk.
"Child soldier it seems." A voice says from behind Jackie. It was a young males voice. The voice of a Y'kish. He seemed little older than Jackie and wore standard townsfolk clothing with a pelt, likely from a wolf or something over his shoulders. His horns were not as large as the older males but longer than Jackie's as well as more curved.
Jackie tried not to pay attention to the looks the townspeople gave her. Jackie glanced over her shoulder. She let out a frustrated groan. "I'm not a child!" She said. "Like I told that big guy, I'm old enough to get married back home." Jackie grumbled.

The Y'kish smirked and approached her. He looked at the Paladin symbol on her clothing.
"Oh please. You're younger than me and I can only just qualify for training." He sniffed around her. "You barely seem old enough to be off on your own. But I guess those Empire dogs don't really care about using children for their dirty work." He had a look of disdain. He seemed to be about eighteen in human years. This kind of hostility was however what Jackie was told to try and avoid. She was warned by Alrick on the way but would have to deal with it herself. The other townsfolk went about their way. Most keeping any comments to themselves.
Jackie glared at the Y'kish, before gaining a look of confusion when he sniffed of her. "Two things. One, the Empire doesn't use children for their 'Dirty work'. And two, it's really creepy to sniff people like that" Jackie said. "Besides, don't you have anything better to do than bother me?" Jackie questioned.

He turned away to look around. Looking over the town as people went about.
"You know little about your people huh? Never used that better nose of yours for anything?" He says laughing. "You're more of a pet than either a Paladin or a Y'kish." He says turning to walk off. "Pathetic really." He shrugs. A deep disdain and layered resentment in his voice.
Jackie let out a growl as the Y'kish walked away. "At least I'm not so pathetic I need to belittle others to feel better about myself." Jackie hissed.

He turned around.
"Least you're feisty. Tell you what. With all that special shiny Paladin training you should be able to beat me. A little sparring match. To see just how domesticated you've become?" He says with a smirk carrying a deep sense arrogance. "Surely it would be rude to turn down such a request?"
"Fine." She said. She knew she could take this guy. She'd been training for combat for a good portion of her life. She'd fought plenty of undead in the passed few months. She'd fought Orc Barbarians before... well, she watched Wilhelm fight them, whilst she shot ice shards at them from a distance. Regardless, she'd been training for combat for years, and this guy had said he was only just old enough to begin training. "Where and when?" Jackie asked.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Deadly Tension (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus