Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dark Cavern Academy

Flare (played by StillDoll) Topic Starter

Flare smiled then stepped on a step above Adrian's before kissing his cheek gently. "You think of the place then. You can pick me up at my room, first door to your left and right outside the stairwell," she whispered before running up the rest of the stairs before Adrian's could say anything else. Escaping into the dorm hallway, her door was the first to the left, right next to the stairwell. Going inside her room, she changed into her night clothes before crawling into bed. Though she stayed up since the excitement of going on a date wouldnt let her get any sleep.
Adrian (played by Ashen_Harbor)

Adrian blinked when she kissed his cheek then smiled when she ran off. He silently walked into his room and looked around before taking off his necklace and setting it in front of a picture of him and a elven girl when they were pretty small. The girl had grayish blue hair and deep blue eyes. Near the bottom left corner of the picture was some writing that said "Brother and sister forever". He smiled to himself before walking into his room, changing his clothes and laying out on the bed, staring up at the ceiling. After a while, he slowly fell asleep.

Flare eventually passed out and the morning came quicker than she wanted it to. But she was up quickly and changing into a pair of black jean shorts and a green with white trimmed half shirt. A black tank top under it and black, skin-tight boots. Then she quickly strapped her sword of Eden to her back. The sword of Eden being a legendary and ancient sword. In its sheath, no one would notice what sword it would be. The blade was a faded, glowing blue with one blood red, engraved stripe down the middle of the blade. It had chosen her as its wielder and it would let no other wield it. She had never used it, but today she knew she would need it for something.
Flare made her way down to her first class and was greeted by the teacher who was just leaving the room. "Oh Flare! Did you not see that i signed you up for another day in the arena? Hurry up before they say you forefitted from not being there!" the teacher pushed her towards the arena. Flare quickly made her way to the entryway and walked inside the arena. Freezing in shock as she realized who she was facing. It was her eldest brother. One of the instructors. The most powerful of her whole family besides her dad. This was bad.

Adrian woke up and quickly dressed in a dark red t-shirt, blue jeans and his combat boots. He strapped all his weapons onto his belt except for two daggers, which he put in his boots. He ran down to the arena to meet up with one of the instructors and saw Flare in the arena facing her older brother. Since he was early he watched to see how the fight would go.

A wicked grin spread across her brtohers lips and he drew his two swords. "Well Flare i will give you five seconds to back out if you so choose," he said loud enough to be only heard by Flare. She was a pretty good fighter but her brother had years of experience compared to her. Though she shook her head no and got in a defensive stance, drawing her sword as he charged for her. Only having a second, she quickly twisted the sword around and blocked his attack but it rammed her up against the wall. Hard enough to leave a crack in the wall but it showed on his face that he was enjoying it. Flare on the other hand winced and bit back a yelp at the pain that now flooded her body.
Then he glanced down at her sword and a shocked look came over his face as he took a couple steps away from her. "H-how did you get the sword of Eden?" he asked shocked. As the other students in the stands saw why he stepped away from her, they all started talking amongst themselves in shock and some gasps were heard. The sword hadnt chosen a wielder in five thousand years. Until now anyway.

He was shocked for a moment at the sight of the sword then smiled." That's what you get for underestimating her." He said out loud, hoping Flare's brother would hear him.

Iro scowled at the remark from Adrian then shook off the shock. "How did you get it?" he growled fiercly. Flare just let a small smile play over her lips as she managed to stand up straight with a wince. That would be sore tommorrow. "My dear brother, it chose me," she replied before she ran at him and a loud clang sounded as their blades collided. Iro pushed back rather hard and the tip of his blade managed to cut into her arm, it was small but deep as blood dripped onto the rock floor. Flare's blade started to glow a light blue and she shoved his blade up before punching him hard in the jaw. Sending him staggering backwards, while he was off balance she ducked down and kicked his legs out from under him. Then she kicked his sword from his hands and sat on top of him pinning him down. The tip of her blade at his throat as a small dot of blood welled up. Then it dissappeared as sword soaked it up and the blood red line engraved in the sword glowed brighter as it soaked up the blood. Flare looked at her sword in surprise then took it from Iro's throat and placed it in the sheath of her back. Then got off of him and turned to walk away as the Watcher annouced that the fight was over. But Iro ignored it and got back up, grabbing the hilt of his sword. Then throwing it at Flare's back, her sword glowed from within the sheath and she could feel it vibrate at the danger. Quickly dodging Iro's blade as it sailed past her. It landed a shallow cut on her cheek before burying itself in the wall. Everyone got deadly quiet at what Iro had just done. You were never allowed to kill an opponent and after the Watcher annouced it was over, no one was allowed to continue the fight. Iro had just gone against two important rules.

Adrian jumped into the arena, landing lightly on his feet." You leave this arena now and get your wounds treated before I deal with you for trying to kill her." His voice got slightly deeper, his eyes full of anger. Adrian didn't look like he was kidding about his threat.

Iro glared at Adrian and took a few threatening steps toward him. "Stay out of this! Its none of your buisness." he growled. Flare looked at Adrian in surprise, not expecting him to have defended her like that. Surprise showed clearly in her eyes and she stepped towards him. "Its okay Adrian. He wont do it," she whispered quietly to him and lighlty touched him on the arm so his attention wouldnt solely be on her brother as Iro walked to the wall. Jerking his sword out then storming out of the arena at loosing to his much weaker and smaller sister.

Adrian watched Flare's brother leave then closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths. His body relaxed under Flare's touch as he looked at her, the anger disappearing from his silvery brown eyes." Sorry. I just couldn't let him hurt you. Besides, he almost killed you."

Flare smiled and motioned for him to follow her out of the arena. "Thank you Adrian. Iro doesnt kid around when hes fighting..i suppose he wouldve i you hadnt of jumped in," she said to him. Then visibly winced as her injuries started coming into play as the adrenaline died down. Thin lines of blood trailed down from her forearm to the tips of her fingers. Blood slowly dripping onto the floor. Flare assessed it then gave out a small huff of annoyance. "Well you want to walk me to my room where i can get myself patched up?" she asked with a small, amused smile. The pain wasnt amusing but she wasnt one to complain.

"I might have things that can heal your wounds fast in my room but if you want we'll go to your room." He smiled but there was concern in his eyes.

"Well if it will heal them faster than i will happily follow you to your room," Flare replied with a calming smile. She saw the concern and it made her feel happy that someone cared enough about her to be concerned. Walking a bit closer to him, to where they were lightly brushing in contact. "Just try not to get in brothers way. I would hate for you to get hurt from something minor like this," she said, worry clear in her tone.

Adrian smiled." Don't worry I can take care of myself." He opened the door of his room and held it open for her." Feel free to look around while I find some things to help heal you."

Flare smiled and walked in, taking a seat on his bed but keeping her hand over her lap. A couple droplets of blood landed on her legs but she was just keeping it off his bed. "You have a..nice room," she commented while looking around. Smiling as she saw his clothes and saw that he did quite enjoy black and darker colors. His red shirt was a change and she had to say it looked pretty good on him.

Adrian smiled." Thanks. I've been in worse places than this." He quickly looked through a collection of crystals on a small shelf but he didn't find what he was looking for. He looked on top of his dresser where the picture of him and the elven girl were standing together,smiling. He stared at the writing at the bottom which said" Brother and sister forever" Then reached behind the picture and grabbed a blue crystal. He smiled and walked over to Flare. He waved the crystal over her forearm, making the wound disappear without any pain. He did the same thing for the rest of her wounds until she didn't have anymore and put the crystal back behind the picture. He grabbed a piece of cloth and handed it to Flare." Here. Use this to wipe the blood off."

Flare smiled as she saw the picture then watched as Adrian healed her all up. "Is that your sister?" she asked not being able to make out the writing at the bottom from the distance she was at. Then she gratefully took the cloth and wiped the blood drops from her legs then off her fingers, hand, and arm. Before walking into his bathroom and wetting it to wipe off the dried blood on her cheek and arm. When she was done, she threw the cloth away. Walking back into his room, she gave him a gentle hug being careful of his weapons and kissed his cheek lightly before pulling away.

Adrian hugged her back just as gently and blushed slightly when Flare kissed his cheek. He glanced at the picture she was referring to." No. She was one of the few people who cared about people." He looked back at Flare." I told you you'd be surprised on who raised me after my father gave me up. Well, that girl in the picture is Calphwen Arcamenel and she an elven princess. Her royal guards took care of me and trained me before I came here and she took me in as her older brother."

Flare's eyes widened in surprise then a smile played on her lips as she saw his blush. "Your right i am surprised. But im glad she did, otherwise you mightve wound up like all these other guys here," she said with a smile. Then she walke over to his door and paused as she opened it. Looking back at him with a smile. "Coming?" she asked and wiated for him. They did have the rest of the day filled with classes though they werent necassary. The classes this week would just be brushing up on everyones skill for the test coming up.

Adrian followed Flare and closed the door when she came out." What's your next class?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dark Cavern Academy

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus