Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dark Cavern Academy

Flare (played by StillDoll)

Flare put her fire red hair back into a pony tail and sheathed her twin daggers. The male elf she had been fighting in the arena of the academy, fell to the cold, stone floor bleeding out. In the academy it was fight or be killed. Though the elves usually wer helped before they died but just barely in order to teach them a lesson for loosing. It was a tough academy but also the more desirable ones. If you made it into the Dark Cavern Academy that meant you were a special fighter. One of the tougher and better fighters.
Flare simply walked out of the arena letting the school staff take cae of the male elf she had beaten. It was rare when a female such as herself was able to get in the academy but she had made it in with pure skill. That, and her family was well known for their children being amazingly talented fighters. Though she wasnt overconfident with her abilities because she knew it would work against her.
Lost in her thoughts, she didnt see the male elf right in front of her and ran into him. Stumbling back, she balanced herself with the walls help and looked up as a light blush spread like a wildfire across her cheeks. "Oh im sorry," she apologized quickly. Her deep purple eyes met a pair of silvery brown ones.
Adrian (played by Ashen_Harbor)

Adrian looked at the female elf that had ran into him.
"It's okay. Just walk were your going next time." He smiled gently at her. Unlike most elves that trained here, Adrian was friendly yet a very fierce fighter. He had a sword strapped to his right hip and three daggers hanging from his belt.
Flare (played by StillDoll) Topic Starter

Flare had her twin daggers strapped onto her back in the form of an X. She smiled embarrassedly and nodded. "Yea i will. Just got caught up in my own thoughts. Im Flare," she introduced herself and held out her hand for him to shake.
She had to admit that he was quite the handsome one but that wouldnt stop her from fighting him if it came down to it. Ulike the othe two females who had made it into the academy, Flare wasnt stuck up and actually pretty shy when it came to males. Her four brothers went to the academy and they were top of their classes. They probably knew the guy in front of her and he probably knew them. Heck they might even be friends.

Adrian shook Flare's hand. He had a firm yet gentle grip." My real name is Dûrion Anwamanë but the name I go by around here is Adrian." Adrian smiled again, having no problem with females. Flare was the only elf he had seen that wouldn't snap at him for saying what he had said earlier. Of coarse, he knew how to handle people like that since his father hadn't been kind to him as he grew up.

Flare had a surprisingly firm grip as she shook his hand but it was a little loose, suggesting she was a bit on the shy side. "Nice to meet you Adrian. Do you know my brother, Kadame?" she asked, leting go of his hand and tilting her head to the side slightly. Making her look like a curious puppy andit looked rather adorable on her.

"Flare! I told you to get back to class," came a deep, gruff, male voice from behind her. Making her nearly jump out of her skin as she heard him so close. It was her eldest brother and he didnt really enjoy Flare being related to him. Flare looked at Adrian apologetically before brushing past him. "See you around Adrian," she said as she past him and waved a short bye.
Her eldest brother looked at Adrian and gave a short, tight smile. "Sorry about her. She doesnt really pay attention often," he said, the clear dislike of her in his voice.

"I don't mind when she ran into me since she said sorry." Adrian watched the other male carefully, sensing he did not like his sister. Letting out a sigh, Adrian walked past the male." Now if you excuse me, I have head to the arena." Adrian's sword sheath tapped against his leg as Adrian walked.

Flare hid around the corner and waited for hr eldest brother to leave before she snuck back out. Quickly running to catch up to Adrian before he entered the arena. "Adrian!" she called out as she caught up to him just before he entered. "Hey um..well i was wondering if you wanted to come to a party later on tonight? My friend is throwing it and its at the Falling Leaves Academy. Its some kind of academy party or something like that. But i thought you might want a break from all this fighting stuff?" she asked shyly and gave him a small smile.

"A party? I'm not that good at parties." Adrian said to himself before he looked at Flare." I'll come if you want me too. I guess I could use a break from training." He smiled gently at Flare.

Flare grinned then gave Adrian a quick, shy hug before rushing off. But stopping before she got more than a few feet. Oh! Meet me outside the front gates around eight!Oh and good luck in the arena," she said over her shoulder then rushed off to her defense clss.

After all her classes were over, it was seven thirty before she got back to her room. In which she changed into normal clothes, thank goodness. Pulling on her red, jean shorts and a black tank top with a black and red trim half-shirt over it. Then she pulled on her knee-high black, skin tight boots before quickly running out to the front gate. Arriving five minutes before eight. Her hair was naturaly wavy and she had let it down so it framed her face nicely. Her bangs were swept to the side and her hair looked like it was on fire as the setting sun caught ahold of it.

As soon as it was seven fifty-seven, Adrian was already walking towards Flare. He had on a black short-sleeved shirt, black pants and black combat boots. He smiled when he saw Flare." Looks like we both like to be early." He had no weapons on him and he had a necklace around his neck.

Flare smiled and couldnt help but to check him out then stand up straight no longer leaning on the gate. "Well you certainly like black," she teased with a soft laugh. "But you pull it off well," she complimented afterwards. Then she motioned for Adrian to follow as she headed toward the Fallen Leaves Academy. "Just be warned that my friends get a bit crazy at these things," she warned and smiled at him as they walked.

"I don't mind." Adrian said as he followed Flare." Never had anyone invite me to a party before though. Everyone thought I was a boring person since I study and practice a lot."

Flare smiled and nudged him quickly then nodded toward a large campus up ahead. Music could be heard outside and inside, lights brightly lit up the campus as they walked into the gates. "Adrian we might get seperated so just meet me outside the gates at tweleve tonight if we do," she said with a sweet smile.
Then without thinking about it, she took Adrian's hand and pulled him inside the academy. Not letting go when they got inside since there were many, many students inside. Alot were dancing and some were in large groups talking. Couples were making out which Flare quickly led Adrian past them. Manuvering towards a small group of boys and girls.

Adrian's ears twitched slightly from the music, but he ignored everyone as he followed Flare. He followed her closely so they wouldn't get separated.

A couple of female elves approached Adrian, trying to flirt with him now that Flare and Adrian had come to a stop next to the group. Flare talked to a girl in the group for a second before turning back to Adrian. Raising an eyebrow as she saw the girls trying to flirt with him. Need some help? she mouthed to him.

Adrian shook his head slightly then turned to look at the girls that were trying to flirt with him. He gave them a gentle smile." Sorry ladies but I came here with someone and I rather not get separated from her." He said in a careful way so they wouldn't get mad at him or Flare.

Two of the three gave dissapointed glances then left but one persistent one hung on him. "Aw you dont really want to hang out with her do you?" she pouted and pointed to Flare with an almost digusted movement like she was nothing. Flare shoved her hands in her pockets and anger flitted over her features as the girl acted like she was just trash but she manage to keep herself in check. Walking over though, she gave the girl hanging on Adrian an overly sweet smile. "Well he wouldnt be here with me if he didnt," she replied a little hotly.
The girl huffed and got off Adrian, stalking back off into the crowd. Flare just rolled her eyes then smiled at Adrian. "Welcome to the party life," she said then motioned for Adrian to come meet her group of friends. Introducing him to them, she left him for a moment with them then came back with two drinks. Handing one to Adrian, she sipped on hers and looked as if she was searching for someone.

"Who are you looking for?" Adrian said, looking at the other people at the party then looking back at Flare.

Flare smiled and looked up at Adrian. "Well out of six kids, one didnt get into Dark Cavern. My brother, Gavin. He was kicked out of the family and no one is really sure where he went but we were close. Hes a bit of a party animal so i thought he mightve come to this one but i guess not," she explained then turned back to one of her guy friends who asked her to dance. Glancing at Adrian, she motioned to the dance floor. "He wants me to dance with him. You okay here?" she asked.

Adrian smiled at Flare." If you want to dance with him, go dance with him. I can't your mind up for you and besides, I'm not a dancer. Trust me, I'll stay right here." He reassured her.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dark Cavern Academy

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus