Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Paying The Price~

other (played anonymously)

(( post removed ))
Will Stone (played anonymously)

Will popped his neck and looked at Lilim as she apologized to him and nodded before seeing someone he wished would never see again. His eyes light up in fury as he unsheathed his blade, the blade humming as he went for Pentre. Luckily Lilim was between them, or else it would've been a blood bath. "Pentre you damn traitor. I'll skin you for what you did to our men." Will said.

The more he spoke, the more his rage grew, especially when he spoke about his wife and child.
Raven (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Listening to Pentre, Ravens eyes widened and turned black as she listened to him, shaking from everything he was saying.

".....Merulan....?"

She had snapped.

Raven let out a continuous growl as a black smoke started at her feet, then her calf, then her thighs, and continued working its way up her body until it completely enveloped her in the smoke. After a minute, the smoke would slowly disappear to reveal crow herself. she had shoulder length black and white hair that split down the middle, black eyes, and wore a white kimono with a design of black birds. Tears formed in her eyes as they turned blood red, and without even lifting a finger, the ground in front of her cracked. It continued to crack at rapid speed as it made its way towards Pentre, and when it did two halves of a giant boulder lifted from the ground and came crashing together around him, trapping him. The boulder floated over to her and shattered, and without hesitation she grabbed Pentre by the throat, a darkness in her voice that said it all.

"you....YOU DESTROYED MERULAN?! YOUR PEOPLE ARE THE ONE WHO DESTROYED MY HOME?! YOU SLAUGHTERED MY HUSBAND?! MY LIVLIHOOD?! I AM DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU?!?!!?"

She says as she holds onto his throat with a vice like grip, so he couldn't squirm out of it. Her hands ignited on fire around his throat, as it would slowly start burning him to the core.

"HE WAS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE! MY HOME WAS EVERYTHING TO ME!! AND YOU TOOK IT ALL FROM ME! YOUR THE REASON IM DEAD!!! AND RAVEN! YOU KILLED SO MANY OF HER FRIENDS!!! HER FAMILY!!!!! I SWORE REVENGE ON THE PEOPLE WHO TOOK EVERYTHING AWAY FROM ME. WHO TOOK MY BELOVED FROM ME! AND NOW THAT I HAVE YOU, YOUR DEATH CANT BE PAINFUL ENOUGH!!"

(( post removed ))

Will was still furious, but calmed down enough and sheathed his sword. He saw Raven transform and smirked at her hands catching fire. As long she didn't fully kill him, he would let her do what she wanted to do to him. Plus, if She goes berserk like Will almost did, only he could stop her without almost killing her.

(( post removed ))
Lilim (played anonymously)

Lilim was right to think that something was about to happen, and acted swiftly to throw herself in front of Will as he took a swing at Pentre with his sword. Magic armor abiding, Lilim would block Will's sword with her forearm, being forced to plant her feet on the ground to keep from being smacked aside like a gnat by the recoil of Will's momentum.

Only too late was she to stop Raven from panicking and letting Crow out, only to have him become subject to the wrath of her magic. Lilim would rush to Pentre's aid though, acting according to the Parley contract she was under and grasping Crow's wrist, clenching hard as she siphoned Crow's magic away from Pentre and slowly forced her to release him, preventing too much harm.

Lilim would stomp her foot in the grass and channel some of the agricultural energy into her, using that little spark to call out to the trees and the rest of the vegetation in the forest to gather more healing energy, channeling it through her tail and touching the tip of it to Pentre's shoulder, healing his burn and mending the near crushing pressure to his throat.

She'd be almost crying as she looked to Crow, "Raven... Crow... Stop... Please... I don't want to fight you guys... I'm under a contract of Parley!!!" she shouts to get everyone's attention to be drawn to her. Holding Crow's hand and moving it to her chest so Crow could feel her beating heart, "If you must lash out at him... Do so not with your magic or might... Do it with your words. I cannot shield him from verbal wrath, but my contract is set to prevent him from suffering physical harm... But... The contract is void if he lays a hand on any of you... So I do encourage you to do your best to rile him up so this scum can be put in his place." she says with a sorrowful look in her eyes.

Sniffling a little, she looks back to Will and starts to cry as she speaks to him, "Will... I know I deserve a good lump or two for what I did... But can we settle that score later please?... The prince has not made it back to the castle and the king sent this parasite to update his demands." she says before lifting the tail of her gown to dry her eyes and lets Crow's hand free as she grabs Pentre by the armor and moves him to another spot of the group, standing him away from Crow and far enough away from Will that he couldn't take a swing without rushing for him.

(In honor of Merry!!)

Off in the cave, Merry would be nearly blind to her surroundings, as there was no auric life to see inside the mines. Following the wall, Merry would eventually see something. Or someone!! Lilim's precious adopted human sister!! Merry would rush to the child's side, scooping her up gently and hugging her close as she restores the child's magic energy to almost full. She'd not top it off though, as that would risk making the girl sick, and that was something Merry didn't want. "Elesa?... Elesa?... Can you hear me?... Please child, awaken... Your sister needs to know you're ok. Please wake up." she begs with another hug.

Elesa would murmur and slowly open her eyes to the soft warm hug of someone with soft blue hair? This wasn't Raven... Nor her Big Sis Lilim. The woman seemed nice though, so Elesa would smile softly and snuggle into her, hugging her back, "Big Sis Lilim sent you?... Then you must be a good person. Where is Big Sis? Can you take me to her?" she asks as she moves back from the hug to look the Forest elf in the face.

Merry would nod slowly, "She's just outside the cave with the others... C-could you lead the way?... I'm not able to see in here..." Merry admits in a soft tone, her voice not even enough to cast much of an echo.

Elesa would nod excitedly and help the Elf to her feet, taking her by the hand and leading her toward the cave exit, looking to see everyone gathered around a campfire.

(( post removed ))

As Crow's fire intensified around Pentre, she felt a grip on her wrist rather tightly as her magic was redirected away from Pentre, and her grip on Crow's wrist eventually forced her to let go of his throat. At this point, even her eyes had started smoking as she glared at Lilim with a look like nothing was going to stop her. Her eyes widened as she mentioned she was contracted to Pentre, and the black in her eyes start glowing before she speaks up, feeling Lilim's heartbeat.

"then don't fight us!!! just let me have my way with him!!! if ANYONE is going to kill the bastard its going to be me! AFTER EVERYTHING HES DONE!!!!

She snaps at Lilim before turning to Will.

"AND YOU!!! HE CALLED FOR YOU?! AND YOU ALLOWED HIM TO DIE LIKE THAT?! AFTER ALL HE DID TO PROTECT THE KINGDOM!?

She says, before her eyes stop glowing. After a moment she falls to the ground on her knees, sobbing into her hands. To find out she was in limbo because of this guy. This guy had killed the love of her life twice, forcing her to use up what was left of her life to save him. This man had burned down her home, killing everyone she loved. After what seems like an eternity, she stands up, and her form flickers between her own and Ravens. The same black smoke appears and envelops them, and when it disappears, Raven stood between them, tears flowing down her face.

"You don't understand, Lilim.....Crow lived in Merulan.....her husband was the blacksmith named William....they loved each other more than anything in the world...so much so that Crow sacrificed herself twice in order to save him....the first time he died he was killed in battle...and the second time...he was shot with an arrow during the raid that destroyed her home...."

She says to Lilim, wiping her tears away before looking at Pentre. Her eyes glow red as she approaches him, danger and his death written all over her voice.

"your lucky to not be dead right now....but keep this in the back of your mind at all times: the second you so much as poke another magical being, your head is mine...Now say what you have to say before i let crow have her way with you....."

Will looked at Lilim and nodded, rubbing her head before holding his sheathed sword at his side. He watched Pentre carefully, not trusting him as far as he could. Then he turned his attention to Raven as she yelled at him, or Crow yelled at him. Once she stopped her ranting and talking, he spoke about the man. "I tried everything I could to keep that man alive. When he fist first died, I watched him fall from the gaps in the pack of wolves tearing me to shreds. And the second time I was trying not to get killed..." He said before looking at Pentre. "And if you say anything else about them again, I'll get your balls off and shove them down your throat and watched you choke on them. You were a good soldier, but the worse human being. That's why Robin got the promotion you trained for. He may not be a better fighter, but he has a sense of morals and whats right and wrong." Will told him.

(( post removed ))

((OOC end multi-chat between Raven/crow, pentre, lilim, and will))
Audemar (played by Tucker_Dragon)

The sorcerer decided to speak and in a voice of softness but alluring he said, "It seems to me you may need a bit of help."

((bump up to newsfeed))
Merrilee Titania (played anonymously)

Merry held Elesa's hand and followed the girl out of the caves, back to where the grasses and life forces were plentiful and she could see the bountiful auras all around. She was very easy to make uncomfortable when she couldn't see. Looking to see Pentre had the darkest aura among the group, she'd kneel and hug Elesa close, hoping to keep her out of Pentre's sight. Mother Gaia only knew what Pentre would do to the child if he saw her, as far as she knew, as she had overheard him say that he had no remorse for killing children before, and it really boiled her blood to think that Lilim was under contract to protect someone with as black an aura as his.

Merry would slowly coax Elesa behind a bush, seeing as they had not been noticed yet, "Might be best if we hide here and wait for Lilim... Lets not risk drawing attention while everyone is so ill-at-ease with the present company." Merry whispers quietly to Elesa, hoping she'd agree.

It would be right about then that a loud neigh could be heard coming from above. A call that Merry would recognize quickly and motioning for Elesa to wait there for her. Merry would move into the open again and race off to the edge of the light of the fire, "Moonlight!! Down here!!" she calls out, seeming to have gone crazy as there was noth- WHOOSH!!... WHOOSH!!... came a few large gusts to beg the contrary of everyone's thinking. What in the world did the Forest Elf just summon?! Surely a monstrous beast fit to kill everyone present as loud as those powerful gusts of wind sounded. Suddenly the gusts would stop and there would come the sound of hooves. A black mare would come ambling into the edge of the light, practically invisible in the dark. From a part in the bushes some distance behind would come a golden glistening glow. Ambling into the light of the fire as well was a White Stallion. A Unicorn at that, shown by the glorious golden horn that adorned his forehead. Behind the Unicorn would come a soft blue blur, a fairy no doubt, and finally a powerful, masculine Orc female. They'd all come around Merry and would start praising her safety, the equines nuzzling into her and the fairy clinging to her bosom, the orc having a few gentle touches to give as well, massaging the Forest Elf's back a bit.

(The Fairy) : "Merry!! *crashes with a light tap into Merry's chest and starts hugging her collar bone* We were so worried about you. Don't you ever run off like that again." the fairy cries just out of earshot of most, though some may hear her words.

Merry would hug the tiny girl and apologize with a soft tone, "I'm sorry, Pixel... Thank you for finding me again... All of you."

(The Black Pegasus) would just now reveal her massive wings as she stretched them open and then closed them back again, giving several grunts and soft vocalizations as she nuzzles into Merry. At moments her nuzzling would become a little aggressive and would push Merry around a little but seemed to never hurt her.

Merry would giggle as the Pegasus did this, reaching to pet her neck a little, "I know, Moonlight... I'm sorry... Heeheehee, ok, ok, I promise." she says to the Pegasus' grunting.

(The Unicorn) moves closer to Merry and makies his horn glisten and sparkle, emitting soft twinkling and whistling like wind chimes according to the others.

Merry would move under the Unicorn's neck and hugs his chest affectionately, "I wasn't planning on getting captured, Glitter... It just happened... I heard the guy calling out for help and I had to go see... It's just in my nature... I'm too kind for my own good sometimes." she says modestly.

(The Orc Female) kneels and reaches to rub Merry's back, "Well what can we say, you had us worried. Nothing I can say that the rest of these guys haven't already. Just glad you're alright."

Merry giggles to this, reaching to rub the Orc's arm a bit, "Thanks Organna. Yeah, next time you have my word, no more direct approaches by me. Not without you guys." she says with a large smile.

At long last, Merry was reunited with her party. Each with skills and abilities all their own, and each with their own close bond to Merry. And just how would Pentre react to seeing more secret species coming out of the darkness? A Unicorn and a Pegasus no less?! Rare species indeed, and among several Feral species that rarely ever got spotted by humans. Pentre would surely be awestruck if he had any heart for seeing rarities like this collection that now gathered around the Forest Elf. Something that he might note is that barely a split second after their reunion, the Orc female would turn and give Pentre a glare that would scare an arch demon into singing bible songs in church. She'd look away from him after a moment though, but if he had any sense of self preservation he would... Or should... Be thankful Lilim was set to safeguard him at present, lest there now be three that would see him strung up by his toes, skinned alive and dipped in rock salt and lemon juice only to have him healed so they could do it all over again. Organna would be too occupied to launch an attack though, having a reunion with Merry to complete. Organna would get a hug at last, much to her sarcastic reluctance at wanting one at all.

(( post removed ))
Sally Emopaws (played anonymously)

Sally was on a hunt on behalf a nearby village that had luckily been safeguarded by the boarder. But the golden grasslands of the Savannah yielded no Caribou tonight. It was as though an evil force had driven them all into hiding as the magic of the land was bottlenecked. She'd keep her stance low, the tops of her feline ears never passing the tops of the golden grass. Finally she'd see something. People? Traveling the Savannah at this time of night? Sally would get curious and would venture closer, her magical sense telling her to avoid Glendale and Aynor, seeing as they had auras that seemed corrupted and scents that reeked of the smell of bandithood. She'd give little other than a tiger's growl toward them from the safety of the tall golden grass, wanting nothing to do with them.

A bit further away though, there were two others, both with much more pleasant auras. Sally would opt to slip through the golden grass and get to a position the corrupt ones couldn't see before approaching. Sally would channel her open telepathy as she crept closer on all fours, staying low like the huntress she was, "Traveler have wounded friend?... Sally help?" she asks in a clear tone that Merthyr and Taff could hear, but her voice didn't reach Glendale or Aynor's ears, as they had stepped far enough away to ensure Sally's telepathy when channeled low would only reach those within a 5 foot radius around her.

Sally would stay low and look up to Taff as she spoke, slowly swaying her white tail behind her. Her orange attire almost made her body blend in with the golden grass at night, but Taff would clearly see her deep red eyes gazing toward him. She kept her distance from Merthyr until given permission to get closer, not wanting them to think she was after Merthyr as prey. If Taff could read her aura, he'd see that her intention was not that of a hunt, but a concern for wellbeing. Surely he would see that Sally came in peace.

(( post removed ))
Sally Emopaws (played anonymously)

Sally moved to scratch her ears as she heard gibberish in her head, "Sally speak through mind to ears of others... No understand other speak through mind... Speak common, Traveler? Speak softly. Sally ears keen. Will hear." she says to clarify her communication ability.

If he caught on, he'd understand that Sally was not using sentient telepathy, but rather relaying the voice of her mind to the ears of those around her as though she was actually speaking. She was unable to understand more than the gesture Taff made for her to wait.
Wolb Mason (played by DewsALot)

"Aren't you going to talk to me bird?" Wolb exclaimed at his pet bird that rested on his shoulder, who seemed to have been ignoring him all day. He rolled his eyes and stuck his stick forward and took a step. "I don't know what you're deal is, but ... GAH!"

I'm ignoring you, because you're crazy. No wonder no one likes you. And my name's isn't bird, it's Reren. Reren telepathically replied harshly.

"I'm not crazy- ah well maybe I am. But it wouldn't be an issue if I had someone to talk to!" Wolb said biting down on his lip slightly. He sighed but then he heard people talking as he was coming up around a bend in the trail. He raised an eyebrow and exchanged a look Reren.

Do you sense it? The magic? I noticed it earlier but I didn't think much if it. Reren chirped.

"Yeah, a little." Wolb retorted quietly.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Paying The Price~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus