Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Paying The Price~

other (played anonymously)

(( post removed ))
Audemar (played by Tucker_Dragon)

"You must be strong," Audemar shouted to his allies, "no matter what, show no fear." It felt like an eternity until the men came upon the forest. Audemar was a bit uneasy because he felt the vile demon.
Prisma (played anonymously)

((
Lilim wrote:
((
Pentre Prodius n guards wrote:
Pentre raised a quizzical look not having expected such an outburst, staring at length clapping his hands slowly and loudly

"Masterfully done, though, you have broken the boy along with his good inclinations in all but few words. I could not outdo you even if tried my hardest. You have outright beaten me at my own game" complimented Pentre looking ahead at the road that lead to Mercia, with the boy nowhere in sight

Yeah, lets pin ALL the blame on me, when in all truth it was THIS RIGHT HERE that made Merry so sick. I asked her about it, and if you'll notice, it's on page 64, JUST after THIS POST... Merry said she was out.

But thanks for proving me right, Tus. I have nothing to apologize for just because you proved my every word justified. Organna is an agressive character that would have had no trouble cutting Pentre down to size, but she's a role that's difficult for Merry to play. And since she's not around to stand up for herself I will stand up for her. If you're going to act like a bully, then I'm going to treat you like one. And let me tell you this... I've put a lot of bullies in the hospital during my life.))
I have read every single word three times))
other (played anonymously)

(( post removed ))
Raven (played anonymously) Topic Starter

((So, I have done some serious thinking.

A lot of times, it feels like we do more arguing than we do RP'ing. And when arguments do arise, it feels like pulling teeth to get a solution. There is a lot of fighting going on in my life right now, and RP'ing is supposed to be my escape, and I feel like it's followed me here, and that's the last thing I want. Not to mention I too considered Merry a vital character. With the fact that she felt so upset it caused her to be physically ill, that upsets me. And that was followed by more fighting, and it upsets me....and I also considered Lilim to be a major character to. If she leaves, the RP almost semi-falls apart. If she doesn't, then it makes things awkward between you two, and I don't want that.....

So as much as it pains me to do so, I'm dropping out of my own RP. It's sad...because this easily became my favorite RP. I grew to love all of you guys and your characters. Not to mention that this was my RP, and I shouldn't feel like I have to drop out, but that's where were at....more likely than not, I will repost the topic in LFRP forum and try to find a new group, and while I won't put the blame on a singular person or single anyone out, the actions of a few people here have caused me to feel this way and do this....RP's die..and this one feels close to dead with two of our main characters gone....I hoped this would be one we could finish, but with two people I care about leaving, It doesn't feel possible...

Thanks for a good, long running RP as well as the good memories it has brought. This easily became my favorite RP, despite it's death. You guys are free to continue this RP with each other, but I won't be responding. Not anymore. It was good wile it lasted...

~Animelover17))
Lilim (played anonymously)

((Following suit, I'm out as well. I have stopped feeling welcome and I'd rather stop and leave before things get worse. It was fun while it lasted. Farewell.))
While I respect every player's decision to quit, without the owner there's no point in continuing this RP. It was overall a good plot and we planned on a lot more which will never come to be. Together we passed 1000 replies so we can be satisfied of this achievement already, many RPs don't last this long.

However, I feel the excessive and constant godmoding of my characters has been a major problem in this RP, source of tension and many arguments. I have made more than enough allowances for everyone to give a good bash at knight Pentre - the evil bad character of the story - but such allowance does not blanket apply to the rest of my characters and this has not been respected (from Jimmy, to Martha, to Haldor, to Robin... and the list goes on)

Among many things, my characters were killed without warning, brought back alive against my approval, my characters were beaten up without my agreement (outcome of every attack decided by others single-handedly without my input), my characters were grabbed and even relocated (without asking beforehand OOC) or held ransom and ignored and kept out of action outright and the list goes on... even now still some players here fail to grasp the nuisance and extent of this godmoding issue which ultimately destroyed this RP.

I have repeatedly warned about this, no godmoding issue . I have pointed players to the official RPR page "Dealing with godmoding" page too. I have asked players to stop doing it (throw dice at the very least to determine the outcome of characters' actions whether is successful or not - a compromise from the RP owner that has yet to happen) and my prompts have been disregarded by most characters throughout the entire RP (exception made for Will Stone since he asks OOC or mails in advance for permission and for Audemar who did stop godmoding my characters altogether - so kudos to you both for taking notice and a pleasure to have RPed with you both).

Whilst I have tried to remain committed and overall polite, as a writer, what I have gotten so far (behind closed doors in the private group chat rooms and forums) is hostility and abusive verbal aggression, swearing by players who take IC too seriously and mix IC characters with OOC writers.

I have patiently taken much on the stride and endured far more than many would, yet nothing has been done to rectify this unacceptable behaviour when it comes to swearing at others, bullying behaviour OOC, godmoding in IC and ganging up on other participants due to in-real-life friendships.

It is tedius having to constantly fight my corner for players not to tamper my characters (actions, locations, outcomes and behaviour). It is very annoying to say the least, it causes too much friction and arguments.

To make matters worse there are expectations of compromises from my part, every single time,(when my characters are the ones affected negatively by all this), presuppositions that I take onboard others hints as to how my characters should behave, talk or react (Gaia, Jimmy...) whilst those same players persistently disregard my repeated calls that the godmoding is to stop altogether.

I thoroughly agree that the best way forward for us all is just to stop this plot as it is and you guys can have a fresh start elsewhere instead.

Some RP owners have to understand that if you set the rules in Looking for RP as no OP characters, you should enforce that, more so following complaints from participants, even if such transgressors happen to be good friends of yours vs new unknown arrivals like I was. RPs fail if you cannot apply your own chosen rules.

Looking for RP forum stated: "Hello guys!! And thank you for reading this far!!! Basically this rp is open to anything magical! You can be any species, Just don't be op!You can also be on the side of the humans if you wish! I'm looking for a group roleplay, but I'm also looking for people who can post at least a paragraph! Again, Thanks for reading!!"

Some players have to understand that no matter how powerful you wish to portray your own characters with detailed profiles and grand actions, when you partake in a group RP you get to control only your own characters and their actions, not the outcome and impact of those actions upon the rest. Not everything will turn out to be as you expect and you cannot keep demanding everyone else to edit their responses and actions to your every wish and detail, yelling whenever others are purposely ignoring chunks out of your post for being too godmoding and crippling the story for the rest of us.

Finally, others players have to understand that fantasy is not reality, that the writer is not the character and that all writers deserve respect, as I have done my best to deliver even when it is has not been returned (as it often seems to be the case here)

I cannot imagine myself being all at the same time
- as mighty as Gaia
- as useless as Matthew
- as unforgiving as Morgan
- as merciful as Lwynceline
- as gambling and gigolo as Cenrid
- as evil as lord Tron Pentre
- as reserved and righteous as Merthyr
- as cruel and cautious as king Conrad
- as powerful and modest as Taff
- as stubborn as Martha
- as wreckless as Jimmy
- as selfish and deadly as Aynor
- as crooked and sly as the bandits with their risky double-crossings
- as golden hearted as Haldor
- as devoted as Robin
- and the list goes on for each of my over 20 characters that took part in this RP.

Going forward into the nearby future, I have no trouble RPing with the rest of you (excluding Lilim and Animelover17) provided you remain polite and respectful as a player, who knows, there hopefully will be more adventurous and enjoyable stories with less doom and gloom down the line.
Audemar (played by Tucker_Dragon)

((This rp was the most enjoyable rp I've been a part of for a very long time and I'm sad to see it stop. I wish to find one at least like this. Thank you for letting me join.))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Paying The Price~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus