Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Art Contest: Genre Mascots

It was an idea for a convention mascot. They didn't use her. Oh well; I'm entirely too lasy to actually draw something and I don't have the time besides.
f0x1nth3b0x wrote:
It was an idea for a convention mascot. They didn't use her. Oh well; I'm entirely too lasy to actually draw something and I don't have the time besides.

Well I'm just going by the rules on the front. D;
Your art is lovely by the way.

But if you could scrounge up time, there's a good chance of winning.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I was tempted to post a stick figure but didn't think that would really work ;)
darth_angelus wrote:
I was tempted to post a stick figure but didn't think that would really work ;)

Ha ha~ Well I did mine in about an hour with a LAPTOP TOUCHPAD.
I thought it may encourage people.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Could we have an extension? I have had SO MUCH going on, things due, upcoming surgery, etc etc. I really want to make an entry! :(
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

I'd be fine with extending the deadline, if people are actually going to participate. But since we only seem to have one person actively interested, I'm not sure we can run a contest that way.
I wanted to do it, but I haven't had the time. Or brain power.
I know Iku was interested as well, but she wanted more time as well.
Yeah sorry, I've had to work all this week, and I was TOO sleep deprived to draw. But I'm off tomorrow, I could draw it than.
I'd love to participate, but my drawing skills...

suck. Really.

EDIT:

Pfff to heck with that. I'll try anyways. When's the deadline?
Aaaaaaaah, I want to draw an entry too, but I don't know if I'll be able to get it done in time right now. ;;
I personally think there's enough people for an extension in order~
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I'm glad to see people are interested in this contest, I didn't want to have to submit my stickman :)

Would another two weeks be enough for you guys to sneak something in?
Most definitely!
Kim wrote:
I'd be fine with extending the deadline, if people are actually going to participate. But since we only seem to have one person actively interested, I'm not sure we can run a contest that way.

I'm participating too! I've started on my entry a while ago, but my screen broke. My latop's processor is too pathetic to allow me to draw comfortably, plus my tablet and laptop don't really agree. I certainly wouldn't mind an extension. I'm getting a new screen soon.
Two weeks is good. I'll try to work on it ASAP to get it out of the way. I have a math test over the weekend, a research paper due on May 4th and SATs on May 7th, so up until then I'm a busy (and very frightened) girl. >.<

But I'll do my best :)
Also....I really really really really REALLY hate drawing hands.

A lot.
So....here it is. :x My doggy girl. I really don't know what to name her or anything...
And my drawing sucks. I warned you. xD;

210yfbr.jpg

I had to have my younger sister do the one hand for me. XD;
It was interesting. I haven't drawn in a long time. A little help from those how-to-draw books, and things went okay I guess.

I hate drawing faces....But I did. So be thankful xD
Coloring it was fun. I like the colors. :3

She is super cute! And so colorful! :D

Want to say a few words about your inspiration? ;)

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Art Contest: Genre Mascots

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus