Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Art Contest: Genre Mascots

Uhmm...okay. x3

Well I've never really done an anthro-ish character, so the moment I saw that in the list I wanted to do it. And you always see nekos around, little catgirls and whatnot. So I wanted to do something different.

Soooooo I did a dog girl. The outfit was just what I felt like. I wanted her to have something modern and fun, so I gave her boots, gloves, pants and a shirt. I decided to make the pants ripoff jeans because I like those. And as for the doodles...I have a pair of jeans (somewhere, must find them) that I took a Sharpie marker (or several) to, and it was so much fun. I loved it. So I put fun stuff on her jeans too. The pawprint is because she's a dog (duh), and I wanted to do rainbow socks but she didn't have socks, she had boots. So I did rainbow gloves instead.
I just kind of picked the colors I felt like using. x3
Ilmarinen Moderator

Thanks for the extension, Kim! :D I got my lines done in a splurt of inspiration today, so hopefully she'll be finished soon. I hope to do a Conan-esque male counterpart in a similar style if I have time.

Here is a teaser:
2lvitde.jpg
That looks so cool, Heim! Fantastic job!! I can't wait to see the final product :D
Ilmarinen Moderator

Thanks Celes! :D

I hope I'm not being a nuisance by posting another WIP, but... here's another teaser, with flats. X)
i44sno.jpg
Lol RPR needs an 'eager' emote!! x3

That looks awesome! :D
*stalks the thread in wait for the final product or next WIP!*
Ilmarinen Moderator

Your icon is the perfect "eager" emote. XD;

Hey, why not another one? Tell me to stop at any time. <.<
2zyg4dk.jpg
Please don't stop? :3

*FLAILS* That is amazing!! O-O
You're making great progress, Heim! :D Keep up the fantastic work!
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

That is gorgeous and so inspiring! I hope it will inspire many other to jump in on this. :D
Darth_Angelus Moderator

That is very impressive!

I am feeling inspired too, so I will see what I can do that isn't a stick man :)
I'm not as far as Heimdall yet, but here's what I'm working on.

rprmascot1a.jpg

I wanted to do a Sword-&-Sorcery like female warrior, but Heim's got that covered perfectly already. XD So, I've more or less abandoned the above sketch for the below one which I started today. Not sure what it's going to be yet, but I'll see where inspiration takes me. XD

rprmascot2t.jpg
Ilmarinen Moderator

Thanks guys! Kim, it was my intention to hopefully get more people to enter. :D (Definitely not for attention, nope nuh uh. <.<)

Ethelle, those sketches are fantastic! I don't think you need to abandon the first one--after all, there are a million ways in which it could be flavored differently. And I think they'd look awesome together. :B (Although I am particularly fond of flowy trenchcoats, so I'm excited to see where you go on #2. ;))
Just curious.... what time is this contest closing today? I'm suddenly terribly tempted....
Ilmarinen Moderator

We have two extra weeks, FB! :D
Heimdall wrote:
Ethelle, those sketches are fantastic! I don't think you need to abandon the first one--after all, there are a million ways in which it could be flavored differently. And I think they'd look awesome together. :B (Although I am particularly fond of flowy trenchcoats, so I'm excited to see where you go on #2. ;))

Thank you! :D
I think I'll try to finish both, although I'm leaning towards the trenchcoat as well, so I'll try to finish that one first. Maybe by then the two weeks will be over already. XD
ferabird wrote:
Just curious.... what time is this contest closing today? I'm suddenly terribly tempted....

We've got a two week extension! :D So there's still time to join!
Oooooo... so be it! I'll have to get to it.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Done'd!

[Edit] Shoot, stupid SAI. It wasn't transparentified. Done'd for real!

[Edit2] Brb, going on a murderous rampage to find out why Photoshop desaturated all my colors

Absolutely incredible! I love the pure golden light.

Want to say a few words about your inspirations and why she is the perfect embodiment of her genre(s)? ;)
Awesome and amazing! Completely fantastic, Heim! :D It's beautiful <3
Ilmarinen Moderator

You guys--how--how do you post so fast! XD

I'll say words in just a hot minute, once I get this thing working to my liking. ;P

I'm subscribed to the thread, so I get an email every time someone says something here. And I happened to be answering some work emails when the notification came in. :)

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Art Contest: Genre Mascots

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus