Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Anyone viewing the Solar Eclipse?

LillyBlack79

So excited it's getting pretty dark and chilly and really cold eep but its beautiful. It's so quiet here too! I have goosebumps!😁
Lucretire Topic Starter

Yeah, it's quiet here too! I actually got to see it peak before the clouds blotted out the rest of the peak minutes. But I got to see it at its apex, and that's all I could ask for!
Sadly I couldn't see it well :(
StarWolfStrider

Trying to look at it, it's pretty cloudy and we can't see it. :(
Watching the News to find out!
I was able to see a bit through our home-made cereal box eclipse viewer!
Half my office went outside to join the one guy, who made an eclipse-viewer from a Captain Crunch box, and they all took turns looking through the hole to see the reflection of the eclipse. XD It was pretty cool!
My brother, who was near the path of totality, had rain and storms. No eclipse for him :(
I slept through it. Night owl punishment ;-;
Tried too :( unfortunately my local science store ran out of googles
Nasa was streaming it live! So awesome! It was so pretty!!
It started raining ten minutes before we could see it, and then continued to rain for another half-hour. :( We were supposed to get 81% totality too! Stupid weather. On the bright side, my mom showed me the NASA broadcast of it.
Those glasses went fast, my family was fighting over who got them next and everyone wanted to see the eclipse...we had 89% totality where I'm at...no clouds either I guess I got lucky?

It was cool though! I felt like I was in a sci-fi movie when everything dimmed...like it was an old film that had greyed and everything seemed so surreal O.o
RandomRoleplayer

My family got like 90% totality. It was nice to hear the quiet.
Holly-Leaf

NO!!!! IM SO ANGERED. To think we weren't even on the path of totality ;-;

My school kept us in all day and I didn't get to see it. Even though our principal said to be careful on our way home because of the eclipse................... THAT BROUGHT MEH HOPES UP.

I raced outside of my school with my solar glasses, soooooooo excited to even see a bit of it, BUT THERE WAS NOTHING.

Oh and the saddest part was that it didn't turn dark at all.

2024, you better come quickly. 2017 is just not my year ;-;
Lucretire Topic Starter

I actually got 80.7% totality while it was happening, and I got to see not only when it first started, but when it first started peaking too! It was amazing, and I think I saw a bit of the corona as it was moving too. Too bad the clouds blocked out the rest of the peak hours and everything else... But I'm glad to have seen it when it peaked!

@Holly-Leaf: Aw, that's a total shame! It totally sucks that you weren't in the pathway!
Athough I'm not in North America, I saw it on TV this evening! Their where broadcasting it from that town where it had the most totallity, so I got t osee the full effects (sort of). Anyways, it was amazing. It's incredible to see such a phenomenom, even from afar <3
Got a little dusky here in Ontario, but other than that it wasn't very noticeable. I did accidentally look at it trying to rescue a bird from a skylight, so I guess I'm supposed to go blind now, idk.
Holly-Leaf

don't under estimate the power of the eclipse. It gets its ways.................................. ;-;
Wind_Spirit

I wish I could've seen it

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Anyone viewing the Solar Eclipse?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus