Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Where did you come from?

I found it because people on Furc had it. So I decided to get one x3
Ilmarinen Moderator

I'm from Furcadia, too! I don't quiiite remember, but I think Kim may have poked me into helping her test and spread the word and whatnot?
Kim Site Admin

Heimdall wrote:
I'm from Furcadia, too! I don't quiiite remember, but I think Kim may have poked me into helping her test and spread the word and whatnot?

I'm not sure I asked anyone to help me spread the word until this most recent contest. Testing though, heck yeah. XD
Google... I think.

Unless you have ads on webcomics or proboards. Might be one of them.
Furc. I started seeing the links popping up in people's descriptions, and ended up joining like, a week before there was a big announcement about it on Furc's news.

I tried to get a bunch of my friends to join with me. I jokingly call it "FurcBook" to a few friends. "Greg just friended Aubrey on Furcbook."
Kim Site Admin

I heard about the furbook joke! I thought that was so funny. XD Especially because people would talk to me directly about it, and it took me ages to figure out they were talking about my site. I even googled furbook to see who this competition was.

@Nefferduat - There have been very occasional ads on various web comics. We don't do a lot of consistent advertising in the traditional ways.
Sometimes I feel totally out of the loop because I'm not from Furcadia and had in fact never heard of it until I joined this community XD
SeraphicStar

f0x1nth3b0x wrote:
Sometimes I feel totally out of the loop because I'm not from Furcadia and had in fact never heard of it until I joined this community XD

Stealing f0x's words because coming up with words of my own is hard work. XD
Lol. Thief.
Where i come from it's cornbread and chicken. Where I come from it's a lotta front porch sittin'. Heh. Ironically as I stated I discovered the site through furc as well. Cept I had heard nothing about it. I just randomly clicked on someone in a hunt to start a random rp and they had a linkto the site. Heh. I'm all for knowing who I'm Rping with so I do actually read descs which meant that I came here to read their characters info.
Amirrora sent me a link to her profile for one of her characters, so I decided to make one also.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I'm reviving this thread, we've had a lot of new members since the last post and it's interesting to know how you all found RPR :)
I found the site through people on Furcadia and i love RPR. Its now the only place i use for character websites.
Skuldhellir had a post about it.

Wooo
I haven't posted in here? Whaaaaaaat.

Nothing new though. I stumbled upon this through Furcadia in some way, shape or form and now I love it! :3
I know this is way late, but I came because someone had linked to some rpr pages for their OCs in their signature from Gaia Online.

At first I didn't care but they were pretty regular in the forum I was in, so finally I just got tired of it and clicked/joined. XD
Minerva

The thread founder introduced me! :)
I learned of this site through a friend on Furc and ive enjoyed the site so much im telling ppl about it :P
I feel a bit the odd one out, reading all the replies. No Googling or Furcadia or the likes. I heard of RPR from a friend on F-list because I was looking for less ERP pastures, much as I like the community. Don't actually know if he has a profile here or not, though.
Found out about this place from Minerva, and she pestered me until I made an account. It's a pretty cool site, only had an account for a couple of days but I like it a lot :)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Where did you come from?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus