Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Cleansing

Raine stood there, in shock. Then she snapped to her senses and hid Perry in her cloak. She snapped her fingers and a ball of water hovered above her hand. "Go," she whispered and opened the window. She could hold them off with her water, but she needed to get the others out first. A blue aura of magic collected around her. She made the ball of water larger. It whirled and foamed.
Anastasia Meier (played by CelestinaGrey)

Anastasia watched as the girl was tackled. "What? No we have to help her!" She let the others do what they wanted, but she knew that if it was her out there she would want help. Ana ran out the front door. "Leave her alone!" She grabbed the closest 'purifier' and pushed him off, pulling away the ropes. "Go away before I have the authorities on you!" she barked. "GO!"
Flare Lockheart (played by Amirrora)

Flare was right with Anastasia. He refused to let someone be hurt.
He had no choice, looking to Anastasia, "Go with the others, Trust me, I can take care of it."

Ana wasn't about to let the boy do all the work. She went anyways. (short. XD)
Raine threw the water as far as she could. It hit one Purifier in the chest. He toppled backwards, unconscious. She advanced on another one, a water-whip in her left hand. "Bring it on, buddy," she said. "Bring it on." Raine looked at Flare and Ana, concentration lapsing for a second. They were willing to fight. Awesome. Amazing. They were so brave and confident...

Flare was calm, suddenly sickening cracks heard as his pupils thinned in an animalistic manner. He spread his wings to their full 6 and a half foot span, his tail thrashing dangerously. He looked rather horrifying in this state.

"Think you jerks can push people around?!" His voice was now deeper, and gruff-sounding, much different from the boyish tone it had before-hand. He was obviously not kidding around.

But the dragon-like boy waited a moment, as if hoping to scare some of them off before having to harm them.
Erasai Hawke (played by kuroi_neko) Topic Starter

Erasai made her way out onto the sidewalk, shouting to bystanders to leave before things got out of hand. She turned to a 'Purifier', whom was standing back a ways from the others. "This is a 'free' city-state! You can't just come in here and --"

"You think we care whether or not we are allowed? Abominations like the Unnaturals should not be allowed. To bring the world to a better standing, we must first create chaos," the Purifier said, his face hidden behind the hood of his long coat. "We do not tolerate Unnaturals... or friends of them." He pointed at her and two others ran at her. When they drew near, she swung her book bag at full force, hitting them both across the face in one swipe.

Two more went to recapture the cat-girl, but hesitated at the site of Flare. Seeing they could not take a group of Unnaturals with their current numbers, most the Purifiers turned and fled for now. But the hooded Purifier remained, for the moment. He looked to all of them, the feeling of anger apparent, before he too turned and left the scene.

The cat-girl, once freed, wasted no time in fleeing after thanking them for helping her. And Erasai felt it would be best if they did the same. But, she had no idea of where to go.

Anastasia was comforted by the fact that her peers were willing to fight with her. She guarded the cat-girl, watching as Flare just scared away most of them. Pft. They didn't have any guts. Except for that hooded one, he gave her the chills.

Still, boldly, she took one step forward. "Stay out of here!" she declared, just as he left.

She turned to the others. "Come over here." She went into an alley with them and knelt down. "Keep a lookout for me. I'm going to find us somewhere to hide." She put her hand on the ground and a blue orb appear, fuzzy and glowing. It zoomed out along the ground and up the walls of the buildings, disappearing out of sight.

Ana's eyes were open but they were glazed over. The downside to her ability was that she couldn't see when she used it, because she was seeing through the orb. Seeing through the orb and both her own eyes would break her mind.

After a couple minutes, she stood up, blinking. Her eyes were back to normal now. "Follow me." She started walking.

Flare calmed himself a bit, and followed Anastasia, he watched her actions as he relaxed himself, the sounds of bones cracking and popping back into place heard. If one was paying close attention, it seemed that he had previously dislocated parts of his spine... on purpose.

His pupils returned to normal and he spoke, his voice back to it's normal state as well, "That's an interesting technique you got there huh? You have some kind of bond with it I'd assume."
He looked back to the others to make sure they kept up. He seemed to have some sort of big brother complex watching over the group protectively.

Erasai had followed them into the alley, but seemed unsure whether or not to follow them. She remembered the one Purifiers words, when he branded her a friend of the Unnaturals. Even that wasn't a safe name. She really didn't want to just up and leave this town, her school, and her friends... Not after she had just settled here. But what choice would she have. So, she too, followed Anastasia, though a little more reluctantly.

Anastasia nodded a little at Flare. "I can see through the orb. I see what it sees. But at the time I can't see through my own eyes." She led them to a small warehouse building, it seemed to have been abandoned. She walked around it to a spot, pushing away a large crate that had been partially blocking half of a window that went into the basement. "Here. It's safe in here."
Raine followed them out, silent. She listened to Ana and kept behind the others. She felt...out of place. Like she was different among the different. That was probably just her anti-socialness. She looked behind them, and had the eerie feeling of someone watching. It was like they were being followed. By who, she didn't know. But the feeling was crawling up her stomach, and she didn't like it at all. Raine kept looking behind her, uneasy, and on edge.

Erasai studied the window for a moment, before peering in. It was dimly lit from the sunlight outside, but it seemed empty, save for a few boxes lining the walls. "Looks safe enough," she said, then noticed Raine's uneasiness. "Don't worry... I'll rig this place so we have plenty of warning if someone tries to get in." She smiled and then made her way through the window and into the building.

Anastasia climbed in carefully. "It's okay. Trust me. Right now it's the only option we've got." She'd scouted it out and so she knew it was safe. At least for the moment. Hopefully it would stay that way.

"So...what do we do now?.." She wasn't exactly sure.

(shooort)(Edit: Never realized I posted as Zalia. My bad)
Raine followed her in. "I-I don't know," she said. What was this place? She was still really cautious. It was an unknown place...but she could trust Anastasia. At least for now. Raine took her bubble and elongated him. He then began to glow purple, giving them a soft, cheery light.

"We definitely don't want to run into anyone of the rebel group," Erasai said, looking to each of them. "I haven't been in the city long enough to know where what is, but, do any of you? Is there a safe house nearby?" That was the best idea at the moment. She looked around though, seeing boxes stacked around them. Curious as to what was in them, she went to one, and peeked inside.

"Hmm..." was the only thing that came out of her mouth. She rummaged through, and whatever was inside, seemed to be heavy. She moved to another box, and inspected its contents. Nearly the same. "We, should move soon, since this is where the Purifiers are storing their equipment." She pulled out a uniform, and a gun. "But, when we do leave, we can send this place up in flames. The less they have, the better."

Anastasia shook her head a little. "I don't know. This is the closest I got. It was the only empty place I could find, after all. And it's better than nothing, at least until that group moves on." She sighed and shivered as Erasai pulled out the equipment. "Well...what do we do, then? Where do we go?" She wasn't sure, and it scared her.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Cleansing

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus