Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » 2087

Isaac Gehrman (played by coke_monster)

Isaac listened intently, hesitating to pull the trigger on the once thought to be human teenager. "Is now really the time for this, Sin!" The young man's voice hiked in pitch and cracked with panic. "What the boys cook up in the lab is of no concern to us as long as it works. If it's Ghoul blood, fine. What happened to your team was horrible, all the more reason to bring this... thing in and any others like her to prevent those atrociti--"

RreeeeeEEEEEYYYAAAAHCccccc

A boney form pounced from where it'd snuck along a wall. It was the vanguard of a herd, a mass of the dead which hadn't been sighted in the area until now. The two D.M. toxin bullets Isaac managed to slug the ghoul with did nothing but pass through decaying flesh. They both hit the ground, monster atop the soldier. Its malformed limbs beat down the lightly armored prey, doing everything it could to get at the flesh.

"AAAAHH!" Isaac screamed. He kicked it off, unholstered his sidearm and discharged several rounds. When the first finally lay still, Isaac found many more pairs of flourescent green eyes glaring on the rooves and walls.

He'd pretty much forgotten all about the winged girl at this point. Probably doesn't even remember his name.
Celobra Shadows (played by Lupus-Raziel-Shadows)

The girl's multi-colored eyes narrowed as she saw the ghouls racing down towards the trio. Despite them being a product of her own race, or her father's race, she hated them to the core. She pulled out her earphone, and shoved both them and the phone deep into her pocket. She produced a hunting knife from the sheath that hung from left hip.

She stood and walked out of the shadows, standing with the knife at her side. She let lose with a loud whistle. It caught the attention of a good group of the ghouls, who spun around to go after her. As they ran at her, a massive set of white and blue bat wings sprung from her back. In one powerful downstroke, she was airborne. Yet then she let herself fall. She fell hard on the shoulders of on of the ghouls, shoving the blade deep into it's neck and prying off it's head. From there she would move from ghoul to ghoul, using either her knife, or the sharp points of the end of the frame of her wings to decapitate them.
Quintus (played by Deathmarch419)

As Quintus passed through the doorway of his home he embraced the warmth that greeted him. He'd been in vacuum rated armor but hours outside had still seen some of the day's chill seep through. Leaving his helmet on the kitchen counter he made his way to his old window side desk, taking a seat on an old oak chair he'd bought at a garage sale the week before.

After a few seconds of pause he finally opened his armor's storage compartment and removed the crystal, giving it a once over. As he looked it over it began to glow when suddenly he heard a loud screech coming from outside.

'ghouls? in the city??' he though to himself as he rushed to the closet, taking out a high powered battle rifle. He'd modified its ammunition to fire plasma tipped AP bullets giving it a one,two punch. Grabbing his helmet he jumped out the window onto the next buildings roof and turned on his night vision visor function. He grinned, 'this whole area just became a free fire zone' he thought to himself as he began picking off a group of ghouls rushing towards unknown targets. The bullets themselves ripped massive wholes in the creatures but only seemed to push them back, the plasma tip however resulted in their putrid flesh igniting spectacularly. 'Follow the dead and gray road ' he thought to himself as he moved on, it was going to be a long night after all.
Volana Blevins (played by SmewQueen) Topic Starter

'Vio. I'm nearby. I can sense ghouls here also.' 'Good. I'm coming to look for you.' With just a thought a group of ghould were set to a purple fire.

Volana ran around searching. 'Can you tell which building you in?' 'Let me see...'

One-Two-Three-Four-Five-Six-Seven...

The trigger depressed itself. The bullets popped to a wild beat. Many missed, many hit. It was all reflex for Isaac right now. He was practically suffocating in his helmet, but his hands moved on their own accord despite his fear. It was all drilling. The hours and hours of drilling that war-story spewing drill sergeant had instilled into his platoon. Even the most rookie of the NC Hunter was adept enough to stand his ground.

It was by the third clip falling away to click on the asphalt that Isaac steadied his aching trigger finger. He scanned for anything ghoulish and moving. There were still many, but he had unloaded almost his entire stock. He'd need to chill the hell out.

Just a few paces away were a batch of ghouls aflame in violet fire. Even further was some colorful girl with a knife he hadn't seen before. The feats of acrobatics and strength were distinctly inhuman, even with being too far to see the unnatural eyes. That's when he realized he'd put his back to the Winged girl. He immediately turned his sidearm to her, but found her to be the one setting the beast's on fire. Why? She could just fly away? There was no time to wonder. It wasn't his job to figure out what was going on in these two monster's head. He just whipped his attention away in time to down another pouncing ghoul. They were still coming.

He flipped on his radio. "U-unit 14, reporting MAJOR hostile contact! Requesting backup! BackupBackupBackupOHGODPLEASEBACKUP!"

His voice wasn't flattering.

Quintus peered down the alleyway, the long stretch covered by grime, entrails and a few poor victims of the ghouls rampage. He found it odd that no alarm had been raised, no soldiers or law enforcement had arrived and yet his combat log marked the fighting at the twenty minute mark.

He slowly inched through the alley checking corners and the windows above but nothing appeared. Reaching the next street he cautiously checked around the bend

"well that's not good" he muttered to himself. There, slowly shuffling away from him was a hoard of at least a hundred ghouls. 'Time to switch to doomsday rounds' he though. The rounds were explosive and fractured into a cone spread after a certain distance, excellent for negating cover, or in this case, shredding the enemy to a pulp. As He got closer he could see gunfire coming from somewhere in front of the hoard and was about to fire when his comm gear, set to listen to this cities enforcement channels went off

"U-unit 14, reporting MAJOR hostile contact! Requesting backup! BackupBackupBackupOHGODPLEASEBACKUP!"
Knowing charging in would be likely to result in friendly fire he responded.

"Calm down Unit 14, this is SF Unit Alpha-6, I'm on my way. Watch you fire west-side" Quintus responded. 'Somethings not right' He thought to himself as he made his way towards Unit 14.

Volana looked through windows and apartments for her crystal. “Can’t find you.” She said aloud.
‘It’s Fine I’ll let you know if I see you though.’

Volana paused. ‘Crud he’s calling backup! This is downright bloody hell.’ She thought. ‘I need to RT out of here. I’ll find you later.’
‘That’s fine. I won’t go anywhere. Hopefully.’
‘Why can’t you just turn into me?’
XD right ok. Done. I’m mimicking you now.’

The crystal turned into a duplicate of Volana and looked around the apartment it was in. ‘Start flying. I find you.’
‘K’

Volana blasted into the air leaving the horde and fighting behind. She was well above the buildings in only a matter of seaconds.

“Waiting.”

She took to the air, flying towards the two soldiers. She landed before them with a thud, facing the ghouls. Her wings were spread out wide, the white membranes seemingly glowing with an inner light.

"Saeva Ignis."

She spoke in a surprisingly calm tone. She held out a hand, which was wrapped in white fire. The burst forth from her palm, vaporizing a good group of ghouls.

"Ghouls, such despicable creatures." She said in distaste.
Sin already had his rifle drawn, a steady strean of bullets breezing through the air.

breath, breath, breath he began reciting his simple mantra under his breath, it helps him focus his eyes as the adrenalin kicks in.

The radio seemed to be dead, all Isaac was given was static "They can't hear us, get behind the bat-girl, she's a better distraction, conserve as many bullets as you can" he said as his newly empty ammo clip fell from his rifle.

From the corner of his eyes he saw Volana fly away "the nephilim fled, i guess cowardice is universal" he mentioned bitterly.

The ghouls didn't seem to let up anytime soon, they seemed to endlessly flood the alley. There was a dooe nearby that he slowly backed towards while still covering his partner and yhe bat girl. He quickly turned and charged for the door, the mini speed thrusters under his feet sped him up fast enough to put himself, shoulder first through the door, the protection on his shoulder soaking in most of the impact. "get in quickly!" he yelled as loud as he could, he began pushing a nearby book shelf towards the opening.

"Calm ■■■■ Unit 14, ■■■■ SF Unit Alpha-6, I'm ■■■■ way. ■■■■ fire west-side"

The only respondent's message was ridden with interference. The soldier didn't know what to make of it. Was the equipment damaged so easily? Or was there something larger going on to knock out comms?

SF? Special Forces here?

He didn't have time to wonder. Whilst one Winged suspect fled, another arrived to take its place. Isaac had been right on the money, though if she were Nephilim or Angel was yet to be seen. She wasn't roasting the living humans, so that was good news.

Sinclair's experience was on full display. The soldier was dishing out sage advice, catching Isaac out of hyperventilating to death while also dealing death with trained efficiency.

"R-right." Isaac said breathlessly. He stepped on his forgotten rifle, paying a crucial second to pick it up and switch to standard hollow point rounds. He found his partner gone, diving into an adjacent book store. Isaac followed suit.

He took a knee once inside, but not to rest. He kept fire firm on the enemy washing over the streets hot on their tail. Yellow bursts lit the dark in rapid picture flashes. The doorway came to have a small pile of parts very quickly.

Where did all of these come from? Don't tell me...

"Is it happening again? Is this Sector lost?"

Meanwhile, the half-demon, half-unknown race girl kept fighting the beasts. Something about her kept her from tiring, for now. Displaying strength that, from looks, her body should not possess, she slashed her way through seemingly hundreds of ghouls. Soon the hoard began to thin, and as she ripped the head from the last undead body, she gave a sigh of relief. She stood straight, panting, and looked out over the ally. The ground was covered in burnt and headless bodies. Her wings vanished in a cloud of white mist, then she looked around for the two humans which she saw before.

gl-94005-1506972040.png
gl-94005-1508335724.png

Quintus finally managed to put down the ghouls in between him and Unit 14, only to find that they were no longer there. A broken down door gave him some clue as to what might have happened to them but a sudden mist from the alley beside it caught his attention. Looking down at his ammo counter he realized he was dangerously low, 35 minutes of nonstop fighting with no resupply had left him with 1 clip in reserve and quite the sweat worked up.

Reloading quickly he turned the corner,only to come face to face with a strange looking girl. At least, he thought it was girl, noticing the tail he immediately tensed, but noticing the surprise in her eyes he forced himself to relax.
'how the hell did she manage to survive all this' he thought warily before speaking

"Not sure how a kid like you survived this long, but you shouldn't be here" he said vehemently. After a pause he added in, "are you alright?"

She twirled her blood stained knife, and shoved it back into it's sheath. She then tossed the lifeless ghoul head to the side. She was initially surprised by the sudden appearance of this human, but it was short lived. She then looked back to him, her multi-colored eyes narrowing.

"I would keep your worries on yourself and others of your kind. I can take care of myself."

She said sternly, but not threateningly. She then motioned to the broken door through which the others had escaped.
"Your friends should be thankful, had I not been here, they would have surely been overrun be these vile beasts."
She gave a snort of disgust after she mentioned the ghouls, in clear hatred of them. She turned and began to walk towards the door, on which she would knock.
"I would watch out though, with this many in just one hoard, I would say this city is about to witness hell."

'Out of the frying pan and into the fryer' he thought to himself, 'weirdo'.
Sighing he shook his head before placing his gun on his back and walking towards the door. Grabbing at a piece of its remains he shifted it out of the way before shouting out "We're coming in". Looking at the strange girl he motioned to the door with his head before teasingly saying "Your Highness". A long night indeed.

(K sorry for long replies. My parents can lock and unlock my apps. Anyways I’m what’s going on right now?)

((It's okay, dont forget we have the Discussion forum though for ooc! I'll give you a rundown though. Quintus fought his way through ghouls ending up on a main street. He received a radio call from Isaac and Sinclair (Unit 14) and responded as if he was a Special Forces Unit (he's not). His response doesn't get through that well and Isaac and Sinclair enter a building as they have little maneuvering room and didn't want to get overwhelmed. Celobra finished mopping up the ghouls around the alley while Quintus cleared the streets at least a few hundred ghouls killed by all in total so Quintus is low on ammo and tiring,Celobra and the others are also tired. Quintus and Celobra make contact both not fully trusting each other. Celobra maintaining seriousness and focus. They both move towards the door where Unit 14 went in, Quintus moves some debris and states theyre coming in before motioning for Celobra to enter (and if necessary help move the bookcase blocking the door from inside). Thats about it, if anyone wants to add anything or I got something wrong feel free to correct it. Also everyone is wary that a repeat of the Abraxous incident may be occurring, but possibly on a greater scale as no one else is around and no back up arrived as well as weak comm/comm jamming). ))

((Kk thanks))

Volana was up in the air. ‘Your taking quite long to get up here.’
‘There are ghouls everywhere! And a few guys with guns. They might try to shoot me down if I fly up.’
‘This is stupid. Turn into Alex.’
‘Done.’
‘Ok now find the guys and chill with them for a bit.’
(Alex can be found on my profile for his looks)

Crystal turned into Volana’s male form. Copying every detail. It looked to the building where everyone was and slowly advanced having to do with a couple remaining ghouls.

Smoke billowed from the machine's barrel. There were shells sprawled everywhere, the little moonlight pouring in from the entrance glinting off their gold casings. Isaac stepped on one as he stood from his kneeling position. The bookcase was nearly halfway from incasing them when he noticed the bloodshed had ceased. Next came voices. Intelligent voices not speaking in shrill coughs and garbled gurgles.

"W-w-w..." Isaac raised a shaking fist to signal his partner to not block the doorway. "Wait... I think... I think it's over. Oh man... oh man, we made it! We made it, Sin!" But even as that surge of triumph erupted, a tinge of fear spoiled it rightly. Who exactly was out there still alive amongst all of that?

His completely empty rifle was trained again to the door. "Who's there? Identify yourself!"
Alex Blevins (played by SmewQueen) Topic Starter

“Woah! Don’t shoot! There are more than one hoomans out here!” The crystal in Alex’s form came into view looking back. There were a few others still alive and well, though it didn’t know who they were.

It ran its hand through its red hair the other hand high up in the air.

“Ha I said hoomans. Boy Vio hates it when I make jokes like that.” It smirked. So far it looked compliantly human.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » 2087

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus