Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Pink Agate

Pink Agate (played by Kyra45)

The island cave wasn't much to work with for these things, but while the others that lived in it were too busy doing whatever to help someone had to prepare! And this tiny 3'9 pink humanoid being decided she didn't care if she really didn't know what this 'holiday' was meant for. She was going to decorate and see if anyone would find the beach! Not that it was that hard to find it....Hopefully. It was mostly away from towns, sure. But the scenery leading to it was perfect for the occasion! Just a beach that seemed mostly devoid of anything besides the giant open cave.

After what seemed like hours, she had it finished! The path to the cave was lit by carved pumpkins that seemed oddly glittery. The flames within even made the glitter seem to shimmer eerily when it flickered. Each had a typical face carved into it, but not as fancy as one that experts could do. It was something. She tried! But in the process she had gotten herself all pumpkin-y. That was fun, too. Thank goodness the ocean was nearby. Aside from that, the path was made of wooden debris across the sand so no one would have sandy toes. Especially for this barefoot being, who had a lot of trouble even getting all the washed up wood to the cave on her own. This left drag marks leading to and from the cave that strayed far from the path.

As for the cave itself, she had put even more effort into decorations. It was painted like a pumpkin! Draped across it was spiderwebs that looked a little too real...There looked to be spiders all over it and they moved sometimes. The mouth looked more like evil open smile, and glitter glimmered from it's edges. She even had made signs that said various things like 'Beware!' and 'Watch for the terror!' and her personal favorite 'Glitter zone'. Indeed, the cave was now more like a jack-o-lantern with a glowing light at the caves entrance. Pink hoped it was worth it!

So, with her hopes high, the small being got some bowls full of numerous candy ready. How she got all of it was anyone's guess. There was a bit of trial and error to get the big bags poured into equally large bowls. She managed it, though! Or. Well. Tried to. There was a few accidents and that candy was put away. Regardless, after a few more hours, she had all the bowls full of delicious candy! She set them to the side carefully.

Now she waited silently at the entrance of her home...It was time to have fun! She couldn't wait to see who or what would visit!
Akio (played anonymously)

And the first group just so happened to be a small family made up of a young mother and father with a small girl. They approached the cave wearing what at first would appear to be some highly elaborate medieval war costume, however, it was their usual attire. All three of them happened to be warriors and happened to wear their war clothing everywhere. That's a thing people do, right?

The father was relatively short, and he appeared to be in his late twenties or early thirties, his costume being his usual armor, cause that's... apparently not normal on this beach. But what if a war breaks out? Do they not care for their safety? We all know how much happens on this hecking beach, don't we? His scarlet hair was very spiky (like some anime guy. Hah), and his eyes a deep raspberry... Cause that's fine in this fandom.

The mother, dressed as he maid she was, was about the same height as her husband, minus an inch or two, with a sweet cherry blossom pink hair color. She had a soft, delicate face with wide icy blue eyes, and... Was she armed? The answer may surprise you! ... Actually, probably not. This person would probably be used to weapons. For the record, yes. She was armed. They all were.

Their daughter somehow had platinum blonde hair and silver eyes, and she also had armor that resembled her father's. That was a little alarming, I guess, but we're rolling with it... She seemed to be about nine-wait, hold up. A nine year old with armor and weaponry? Are we... Are we being serious here or...? This is legit? The little girl is an actual warrior? Like, for real? Well, okay then. Alright. I won't judge.
Pink Agate (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

Pink peers up from the cave entrance as she heard the footsteps on the wood she had so ever carefully placed. She felt even tinier than usual! Then again, she always felt tinier than usual...But surely, no one would mistake her for a child,too. Even though she was short with unusually shiny glittery hair.

As she watched them arrive, she marveled at their outfits. Such wonderful clothes! They all must have put great effort into their looks! Right? She hoped so. She didn't have much knowledge about what others wore around these parts. But this beach was mostly safe...Right? She didn't recall there being any monsters here...For the most part, that is.

Perhaps she did seem slightly wary of them at first, but if anything turned for the worst she had her own special way to have fun when the need ever arose. Though that could also prove to serve as a great trick...No, she shouldn't do that. That would be bad, probably.

Once the group was close, she shuffles a bit and very carefully brings out a bowl of numerous candies. A bowl nearly as big as her. In fact, even the bowl was slightly glittery. She didn't say anything, yet. But she smiled a bit.

The young girl marveled at the decorations, telling her mother and father to look at everything. "Look at that pumpkin! And that one! Look at these signs!" By the way, her personal favorite was also the Glitter Zone one, as was her mother's. Her father just looked... Very stone-faced and serious... Unnervingly so, I must say. The wife smiled at her husband, seeming to telepathically tell him to lighten up. As soon as he met her eye, he burst out into a smile as well. He couldn't help it!

The little girl ran right up to the silent gem, admiring her lovely hair. She smiled wide at who she guessed must be the one to have created such a wonderful display. Somehow, she had kept her hair from falling out of its neat little bun. She must be a very careful child. Or someone in her family knows how to do hair.

The little girl pulled up her bag, which appeared to be just a normal pillowcase, and chirped "trick or teat!".

As the girl admired the decorations, Pinks small smile got a bit bigger. It made all that trouble worth it! She felt nice at the girls enthusiasm. It reminded her of another Gem that lived with her but wasn't around at this time. They were busy with errands. But! She was happy. And she was thrilled that her hard work was enjoyable.

She looked at the father first, and giggled slightly when he brightened up. She knew of another Gem who too, was generally very stern and serious but would lose that near the other. He looked pretty strong, but with someone caring nearby. Just like the two she knew. But otherwise, she felt like he loved his family very much just like his wife and daughter.

When the little girl ran up to her, she barely moved much. Her hair shined like someone had spilled glitter in it. It was smooth, yet delicate. Somehow free of tangles, but very pretty. Yet odd. How did it stay so shiny? Why was there glitter in it? And when she moved her head to watch the girl, the glitter would kinda trail off and land at her feet. Oh boy. That's a glitter mess just waiting to happen. She was curious about why the girl had armor, though.

With a small laugh, Pink carefully put some candy into the pillow case. ''You all seem to be such an amazing family! With all your really cool clothes! I bet you worked really hard on them, too! And what a lovely little girl.'' She said gently, though she had her hair over her eye she still looked at the group.

The small girl stared at the gem's hair, then produced a sparkly, perfectly round stone from her pocket... That she apparently had on that armor? Also, why the heck does she have a sword behind her cape? It only showed when she reached for the stone, by the way.

"Your hair is really pretty! It's just like my Dragonstone!" Dragonstone? Look, I'm not even going to question what they let this kid have anymore. Her mother and father caught up to her, her mother kneeling down next to her. The mother's skirt poofed like nobody's business when she knelt like that, giving her a very elegant look.

"Thank you," the father replied to Pink Agate's compliment. His voice was actually rather high for a man's voice. "We didn't make them... I don't even remember who made them..." Um... alright... "Kana, she complimented you," the man reminded his daughter when she didn't thank the gem.

"Oh... Thank you!"

Pink Agate gently moves her hair, exposing her one eye and her eye-sized gem where another eye should be. This caused glitter to trail off again. Oh dear. She must be fun at parties. Leaving all this glitter. Still, where was it coming from? There wasn't anything that should make this much glitter. Oh well. It wasn't anything bad. Maybe she just really really really liked glitter. However, she did get slightly concerned at the sword. It was faint.

''Why thank you. I strive to keep my hair very pretty. It's pretty easy...Mostly....'' She said, still with that gentle but slightly concerned tone as her eye fell upon the Bloodstone. ''That...Gem is indeed very pretty, too. I hope you've been taking good care of such.'' She added, seeming slightly fearful but not trying to show it. But she calmed upon seeing the wifes poofy dress. She was in awe of it's workmanship! She moves the bowl of candy so it's out of the way again.

''You are welcome! My name is Pink Agate, but most call me Pink. My outfit is simple.....Compared to yours and your family.'' She frowns a bit. ''M-may I ask why you have a sword...?'' There goes that concerned but frightened tone she had, again. With a slightly wide eye, as she looked at the little girl.

The little girl stared at the glitter for a moment, mesmerized by it momentarily. She suddenly seemed to hear the question after that very brief moment, and looked down at the her sword, then at the Dragonstone.

"Papa says I need to be safe, so he told me to always carry a sword and my Dragonstone, in case I need to fight. Mine are just like his! I want to be just like Papa someday!" The father shook his head, the same smile on his face.

"We are a family of warriors. Our home is having a small... Disagreement with a neighboring kingdom. Their royal family enjoys tracking us down and fighting us, so I make sure she always has something on her to protect herself. Don't worry, she's trained," he assured her.

"She's also very responsible," the wife added to calm Pink down. "Our home is just under a... small invasion..." She laughed nervously.

Pink seemed to calm down slightly, enough that her worried gaze shifted back to it's usual warming appearance. The glitter that had fallen seemed to disappear by some unknown force. It's like it didn't exist on the ground at all. Yet when Pink moved slightly, her glitter fell again....Though it seemed to come from her gem eye.

''Warriors, huh? Of course, staying protected is a necessity. Even when young, you have to train yourself and prepare for anything...'' She replied, sighing a bit. ''You have to stay safe, and protect what you love.'' She knew how it was. You could never let your guard down, not even for a second! You had to stay on your toes, too. Even the smallest mistake was fatal!

''Well, my home is this...Cave.'' She motioned to it behind her. The dimly lit back led farther in, but it didn't seem decorated as she saw no need for anyone to venture further in. ''No ones invaded it for a very long time, but I suppose that's because they know of the glitter terror...'' She giggled. ''I do hope your home becomes a safe home soon!'' She adds, trying to sound hopeful. ''And I hope your candy hunt has been going well,too.'' She also says, smiling a bit.

((I'm off to bed now, but I'll be back around to reply further tomorrow probably after work!~))

((Alright, I'm home now! I can reply to stuff here now.))
Spessartine (played by FreeJayFly)

Ahhh, Halloween. It was truly such a marvel that humans had this festive tradition on Earth. Gems would have never had something so... FUN. At least, not this definition of fun.... Spessartine had already collected a large amount of candies from going door to door as a kid. Now... she kind of just wanted another place to be so that she could consume all of the candies that she had gotten on her fun night out.

Spess must have looked odd before she landed on the ground not too far away from a cave that, unknown to her, was starting to see some form of traffic. Spessartine had taken the form of an eagle and carried her sack of goodies with her, soon dropping the goods on the ground and reverting back to her normal form.

"What a good haul this year. Wait till I get to show Rain!" Spessartine chortled to herself as she opened the bag and sifted around her collection of goods. There were chocolate bars, lollies, gummy candies, and other sorts of sweets. However, once her excitement died down, Spessartine could swear that she heard others talking not too far away, and she immediately closed and tied off her bag.

Spessartine heard the phrase 'candy hunt', and immediately perked up. Were there more yummy candies to get?

Manoeuvring herself down from where she had been looking over her haul, Spessartine came out to see where these people were gathered. It was odd that there were people around, but she was definitely not going to complain if there was a scoop on where to get more candies before returning back home to Rain.

"Hey, hi! Excuse me! What's this about a candy hunt?"

Pink jumped slightly, glitter scattering from her hair as she ended up falling over with a startled yelp! It took her some time before she was able to compose herself and quickly stand back up to attention. She had to look around a bit before she spotted the newcomer. She dusts off herself, making a bit of a glitter mess again, before she looks at them. It seemed to be another Gem, but not one she knew.

''A candy hunt. You know, where you get candy...I think. Are you on a candy hunt?'' She asks them, as she brings the bowl back into view with some trouble. What a sight it must have been! To see a pretty small person barely able to carry an equally sized bowl. ''Usually there's company here, but their away on something so I stayed behind. Not really sure what this 'holiday' is about...But I suppose it's best to celebrate it regardless.''

She looks at the bowl. ''Is candy hunt the correct term?'' She also asks.

When Spessartine got a good look at the other individual that she was interacting with, there was a moment where her expression faltered. She did not really expect to meet another Gem so far from Homeworld. However, it should have been obvious that Spess was also a Gem -- it was not like her Gem was particularly hidden by anything, like clothing or hair....

If an altercation was going to start, it would have already done so. There was no threat here... hopefully.

Composing herself after a good few seconds of silence, Spessartine clapped her hands together and grinned.

"I don't know if 'candy hunt' is the right term. Humans I've met call it 'trick or treating', and apparently that phrase gets you candy from people in their homes! It's really great!" Spessartine went ahead to say. "I don't really know what the holiday is about, myself... but from my understanding, it's about scaring the pants off of humans and having them give you candy! I'd say it's... pretty sweet~"

There was a moment of pause as Spessartine hoped for her words to sink in.

"Eh? Eh? That's a pun I heard from a human!"

Pink's expression looked breifly worried when Spess' expression faltered a bit. She wasn't used to having anyone act odd when meeting her. She was small, and maybe slightly harmless because she had no true way to harm anyone. Well, besides her glitter. But it wasn't really meant to harm anyone. She knew that long before she had came to live at the Island cave. Though she wondered what homeworld would have thought about an Agate who was much too small for anything...

Once Spess composed herself, Pink looked back up to pay attention, after moving her bangs from her eye again. She was hoping the Gem wasn't feeling threatened.

"So they call it 'trick or treating' and your meant to scare people,too..." She said, frowning a bit. "I...I don't really think a glitter terror is scary..." She said meekly. "I'm...Not sure if I can scare anyone.." She adds.

"Pretty sweet?" Her blank stare remained. Unfortuently for Spess, the tiny pink Gem wasnt exactly well-versed in puns.

Spessartine waited for a good moment before she eased back with more of an awkward smile on her face now more than anything.

"Aha... to be fair, it took a while for me to get it, too..." Spessartine said. She actually still did not really get it, she was just hoping that maybe it would coax out maybe a little giggle or chuckle when she presented the apparent pun.

"But! Not a whole bunch of humans have been too scary, I don't think," Spessartine went on to say, going back to discussing more of Halloween and its aspects. "I mean, a lot of them rely on costumes to scare others! Some of them are good, I'll give them that. But man, I can think of so many other things that would scare the pants off of these humans!"

Pink listened intently to learn more about this holiday that humans seemed to enjoy, though her expression remained mostly more of a blank stare.

''I don't really get much of anything. I'm not really keen on being around humans. That's what the others here usually do...'' She says. It was sorta true. She was never one to venture too far from out the cave, leaving her mostly unsure of what humans told.

''So far I've seen a group wearing armor for a 'costume'. But they said it wasn't a costume, and there was a little girl with a sword...'' Pink remarks, slightly concerned about that still. ''Otherwise I've not seen many who are dressed up to be scary. Though the armored ones were also dressed well and nicely, among other things...'' She adds before shrugging. ''I don't think using glitter can scare humans here. There's one Gem who also stayed behind that might scare them for me, though she prefers to greet all with a gentle smile. She got the candy for me.''

"Pfft, I don't blame 'em. Humans expire pretty quickly and some of the only good things about them is the fact that they make awesome stuff like candy!" Spessartine said, clearly unabashed about how she actually felt about humans as a whole.

"Wait, so... you had people come over in costume, but not in costume?" Spessartine asked, taken aback for a moment. "Whoa! I didn't think that there might have been humans that learned how to time travel! Oh but...."

The Gem looked thoughtful for a moment.

"I guess it depends on the armour.... There are old armours and present day armours. What kind of human armour were they wearing? I want to know if there are time travellers! Cos that would be kind of neat! Definitely something worth actually nosing around in human business for!"

However, Spessartine's expression seemed to stay on her face till it turned into something a little more awkward and strained as she processed more of the information that she heard from Pink Agate.

"... There's... another Gem that stays with you? Or at least visits?" Spessartine asked. "I... just... never thought I'd run into more than a couple Gems here is all."

Once Spess finished speaking, Pink spoke.

''The humans had old armor, but only on the father and daughter. I don't think the wife had armor, just a really pretty dress. They said something about their home being under invasion....And always trying to protect themselves. Didn't really get much. Swords on kiddos seems...Weird...'' She says. ''Well, maybe they time travelled.'' She adds.

''Yes. Usually there's a few Gems here. The one that's stayed here to help is Saphire. She's a fusion, sorta scorpiony. Acts as sentry duty here. Green Tourmaline is the other fusion, but she's away at the moment. I didn't expect to meet another Gem either...'' Pink says, giggling a bit. ''Saphire said humans like all kinds of candy. Do you have a favorite you like to get yet? I might have some in these bowls. If I don't, Saphire has some other types for backup.''

For now, it seemed like Spessartine's attention was no longer on talking about time travelling humans. No, no, no... that took a backseat now to learning about new Gems being here, there, everywhere. Since meeting Rainbow Moonstone and having crash landed on Earth with Moissanite, Spessartine never really thought about the possibility of there being anything other than maybe Amethysts on Earth.

"Whaaaat? Fusions, too?" Spessartine was at a loss for words. Parts of her was relieved, though she still just felt overwhelmed and happily surprised more than anything. After all, she was never a fan of Homeworld and whatever shenanigans that they were up to. Spessartine had made that much obvious to Moissanite when they found themselves stranded. On Earth, Spessartine no longer felt confined and trapped.

"Oh, uh..." Spessartine said, coming back to reality after her mind was done going through memories and old conversations. She then grinned widely. "I like cotton candy! It's like... fabric that you can eat! Melts right in your mouth and tastes all sweet. I like the way it feels!"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Pink Agate

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus