Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Trick Or Treat: Valerie of Midnight Moons

Shadya (played by Sir_Nerfsalot)

((Sorry for slow posts. I've been busy))

Shadya smiled at Wilson as she walked by. The moment she was out of his field of view she whacked him on the butt with her tail.

She ordered a red wine sangria and took a seat near the stage. This would definitely not be the only time she came here. Being a bit of a lightweight, it only took one glass. She asked the musicians to play something slower and started belly dancing in the space between the stage and the tables. Her dance kept to the beat but didn't...'fit' the music.
Jaydin Byrd (played by FreeJayFly)

Midnight Moons Club & Bar... now that was a place whose name oozed with holiday appropriate feeling. Pulling her jacket tightly around her, Jaydin gave a silent huff as she made her way into the establishment. She was greeted by the sight of other patrons, and a nice, Halloween vibe. It was soothing to a degree, especially considering that Halloween had been her favourite holiday, and that holiday also meant that her anniversary with her husband would have normally been celebrated.

But... if Jaydin were out celebrating, she surely would not be here, now would she....

Taking a seat, the brunette took a menu and glossed it over. An apple martini would have been good for starters.
Valerie von Vamperia (played by FantasyDreamer) Topic Starter

((Im back and its alright.))

She then looked over to the woman called Shadya and grined a little as she started danceing after bein intoxiacted by her drink. "Im glad you're enjoying yourself dear..." she said and then saw the new guest walking in past her. "Welcome dear to Midnight Moons and Happy Halloween to you. Feel free to help yourself out with drinks, snacks and sweets of course. There is no need to be shy." she said with a gentel and almost motherly voice as she remained in her throne alike cchair by the door, next to the massive cualdren of green bubbleing and flameing goo.

Soon after the new guest had sat down she would be visited by one of the serveing bats that flew over and sat down on the table politely to wait for her order, tilting its head and blinking at her with thoese big cute eyes.
The Master Assassin opens up his bottle and starts to down a bit of his drink. "Oh yeah. Now that's the stuff." He said with a grin on his face. He than takes out his phone and starts to record everything around him for a bit. "Perfect for Halloween. Maybe next time I could come here dressed up as Genji from Overwatch." He said while recording. He switches the phone's camera from the outer one to the inner one. "I'm definitely putting this in my personal archives." He than stops recording to put his phone away.

The lady merely chuckeld as she watched him enjoy himself, though she got slighty confused as he took out his phone agian and started to talk to himself. But agian she didnt mind as he was complimenting the place. "Why thank you dear...though it seams like not everybody thinks so....but eitherway i am happy to keep this place open even if only a few visits" she shruged as she slowly pet her little bat on her shoulder. Whom seamed to enjoy it quite alot.
"That actually sounds good." He said with a grin and than takes a seat while drinking some more of his stout. "Well if they don't think so, to hell with them. I just enjoy the day like it should be." He than turns to look at the fourth wall once more. "That's unless I have to do my Assassin duties again, like my contacts and killing Templar scumbags." He than looks back at her. "Now I'm wishing I had a pet."

She overheard their conversation but it took a while for the words to register.

"Killing who?" Shadya whipped her head in his direction...and lost her footing mid-step of her dance and tripped on her skirt. She fell backwards and her head hit the edge of a table with a distinct 'thunk'. Her head didn't move after hitting the table, leaving her in a sitting position. She tried to get up but couldn't move her head.

"Heeheeheehee...my horns are stuck." She said with a silly drunken grin on her face. She reached onto the table for her glass and took another drink of sangria.

She merely watched them both enjoy themselfs, chuckleing sometime by how amuseing they were. "Well why dont you get one then dear?" she asked and then looked over to the woman when hearing her falling. "Oh my...are you alright dear?" she asked rushing over to her and carefully unstucking her horns out of the table. "You should be more careful dear..."
He just shrugs as he watches them. "I don't know. Just didn't feel like it." He said as he watches Valerie get Shadya out of the table. "Looks like someone's pretty sauced." He said with a small chuckle as he finishes up his stout and goes to put the bottle in the trash. "I'm guessing not much of a drinker, huh?"

"I am a bit of a lightweight. The sad part is, I'm only a little past tipsy. I can be a bit of a clutz and what you said hit me at a weird time."

She saw Valerie walking up to help her. "Sorry about your table. I can replace it if you like."

*Oh goodness she is really close. Don't blush. Don't blush. Don't blush. Don't blush.*

"You are...really pretty."

*Focus, Shadya. Focus!*

Her horns came loose from the table without too much trouble.

"For real though. You got a problem with the church? Tell me about these Templar you hate so much."

((This sounds like fighting words. I am not about to start a fight. From what I know about the Templar and assassin's from AC, Shadya and Wilson are about to become friends.))
((Woooo!! XD))

"I have nothing against church. Only against an organization whose goal is to destroy free will and put the world and everything in it under their control." John said as he rolls his eyes a bit. "There may be some who care for the people, but there are more who are nothing more than cold hearted murders who enjoy controlling others to their whims. That is all you'll get out of me."

((Sorry for my delay and slight absent dearies but i am feel so out of energy today.))

Jaydin had only given a brief glance to the woman that had welcomed her into the bar. With a small, two fingered wave, Jaydin had greeted in turn, though had already gotten herself comfy in the seat that she had taken. She heard what the woman had to say about ordering in the establishment and only gave a small nod of the head to indicate that she had heard what the woman said to her.

"It's not that I'm shy..." Jaydin started, her attention briefly halted by the bat that had come to the table. Its appearance made it almost irresistible to reach out and pet the creature. As Jaydin extended a finger to the bat to scratch its head, she continued, "it's more that I don't usually have much to say...."

Glancing again to the menu, perhaps it would have been good to start the night off tame, and work her way up if she was feeling up to it.

"I'll start tonight with a peach martini if that's within your menu. I know apple martinis are usually the more popular one, but it doesn't hurt to see if there are other choices within the typical lineup..." Jaydin said, hoping that she could get a flavour more preferable.

The little bat who was dressed in a little vampire costume noded to her order and right away flew over to the bar to tell the bartender with its squeaks of the guest order. Once it was finished the bat would carry a small, coaster alike silver plate over with the drink on it by carrying it with a red silk ribbon within its claws and gentely placeing it down on the guest table to then snuggle itself agianst her. Somehow knowing that its what she wanted and none of the bats were agianst bein pet or loved in any way.

Meanwhile the lady remained on her comfty sofa alike seat by the door, watching her guests and waiting for more trick or treaters to come. She had her big candy filled pumpking ready just for that and she was eager to see some adorable costumes.

John Wilson wrote:
((Woooo!! XD))

"I have nothing against church. Only against an organization whose goal is to destroy free will and put the world and everything in it under their control." John said as he rolls his eyes a bit. "There may be some who care for the people, but there are more who are nothing more than cold hearted murders who enjoy controlling others to their whims. That is all you'll get out of me."

She got up and walked toward where John was sitting. "I'll be honest, sometimes it's hard to tell good guys who want order from bad guys who want control - or bad guys who want chaos from good guys who want freedom. Just...something to thint about before your start committing to a cause or condemning another."

She spoke matter-of-factly without an ounce of accusation in her tone. "I'm a paladin. Your coment about Templar hit kinda close to home for me. My patron deity, Khepri, is a god of freedom. I know I'm not like the Templar you were talking about."
"If only the Templars are more like your group. Granted, I'm not innocent myself." John sighs as he tries to relax. "I was a bit of a problem child, with only my mom to raise me at a small town in Texas. Its not the best childhood, but its not the worst. After I graduated, I enlisted into the U.S. Marine Corp, served for 5 years until I was selected by the U.S. government to part of a black ops unit. After a few years, my mother died from some kind of home invasion. After doing some digging, I learned the truth. The home invasion was done by mercs hired by the bad Templars." He chose to use the word 'bad' to describe the organization he's referring to. "Turns out my biological father is an Assassin, and its in my blood to fight in a way. I first joined the Assassin Brotherhood for revenge, but instead realized that I really joined to be a part of something far bigger than myself."

"We kill..." He holds up a hand and flicks his wrist up, revealing one of his Hidden Blades. "....only the corrupt and evil. We work in the dark, to serve the light." He than moves his wrist back, retracting the Hidden Blade.

She pretended to follow along to his story and takes a seat by him.

*I am neither sober enough nor drunk enough to listen to this*

"Neat"

*are these...groups supposed to be secret? They sound like they wold be....he is telling this to someone he just met in a bar...why?*

"Uh huh?" She rest her chin on her hand and her elbow on the table. Her mind kept wandering back to fantasies of the pale woman in the witch costume tying her up.

*oh...he's just making this up to impress me...maybe I could go home with him for the night then scream her name...no. He's pathetic but he doesn't deserve that.*

He reveals his hidden blade.

*Okay, he is DEFINITELY compensating for something. Do I keep humoring him or start roasting him?...meh. I'll see where this goes.*

"Coooool. Now I have a story for you - one that's actually fun to listen to. There's a guy I used to know who was quite fond of his bag of holding. It's a small leather pouch with...effectively a pocket dimension inside. He stored all sorts of weapons in it. One day, much to my chagrin, he bought a slave girl. Shortly thereafter I noticed he stopped wearing his bag of holding but I said nothing about it. Also of note, he had the slave girl always wear a skirt. Some orcs ambushed the three of us and he tells the slave girl to bend over and spread herself. I and the orcs watch in horror as he pulls a long sword and tower shield out of her clam...we dont know how to react. We all just stood there trying to process what we just saw while he charges at them. Eventually it clicked - the bag of holding was in her growler."
Due to his experiences, he was able to read her expressions. "I didn't tell you everything. I told you what I can tell you. Plus, I'm not interested in one night stands. I have a thing against them. Also, you're thinking that I could be compensating for something judging by your facial expression. I could say the same about your tail, but I'm not one to be disrespectful in the one night I like to relax and enjoy myself in. And nice story by the way." John said with a small grin as he takes out a chocolate bar of his own and starts munching on it.

'Judging me before she even knows me? Bad move. And that's why its call having a high alcohol tolerance.' He thought as he looks at the 'fourth wall'.

"You two having a good time?" she asked as she looked over to them, wondering why no other people would come along for trick or treating. But she was merely greatful that her place attracted some people atleast.

Getting drinks of one's preference and having a little companion there that was content on sitting there, looking cute, and accepting pets and scratches seemed much more enjoyable than any previous bar that Jaydin had gone to in the past, that was for sure. Picking up the peach martini, Jaydin took a sip, allowing the sweet and biting liquid course down her throat as she reached back over and gave some more attention to the bat that sat at her table.

"Looks like you guys have been busy, eh, little guy?" Jaydin questioned, chuckling softly at the bat's affection. "I'm sure you'll enjoy a moment of reprieve here if here's where you wanna stay for a bit."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Trick Or Treat: Valerie of Midnight Moons

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus