Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Evelyn Heidrich

"I love the color of your hair. So are you a pirate?"

"The colour of my... hair...?" Janine asked, taking a moment to process this information. Once it clicked in her head, though, she just gave a lopsided grin as she pulled herself more upright and less reliant on Seria. "Well thanks! It's not often I get too many comments on my hair. I know it doesn't always look the best... but I'm glad someone appreciates it."

As Janine took a moment to process the rest of the questions that were asked, she just giggled and replied, "what? Nah... I'm... I'm a kind of thief."

"I'd offer an alcoholic addition to it but you two seem like you have been indulging already. Want some candy?"

Once the conversation started leaning toward Seria, the ulowan woman looked to Evelyn before she glanced around almost nervously. She gave a small laugh and then said, "yeah, best keep the drinks away from this one.... She's already had eight, or so. I... don't know how she does it. I've only had two! The candy does sound good, though."

"Lightweight," Janine jabbed.

"Wow! That is so detailed! Do you have a makeup artist?"

Seria jumped somewhat, her feathers puffing out some as she was addled with momentary surprise. She had not expected Evelyn to be so close when she started talking again.

"O-oh. N... no. This is all my own..!" Seria said, not really wanting to say anything else in regards to her facial and ear feathers. Were her cheeks not already flushed red, she would have probably been blushing all of a sudden because of how nervous any fixation on her features made her feel.
Evelyn Johnstone (played by JustaBitEvil) Topic Starter

Evelyn gasped whenever the elf pushed a button on a device and then changed them to yellow. She was especially impressed with the cat eyes. "That is nifty. I have some spells that can do the same, so interesting how magic and technology can replace one another and have the same effect, or be mixed at times." Adding some liquor to Yin's punch, she handed it over.

Making sure to clarify, "The party favor pranks will last for several hours as well. It just depends on the person, how big they are and everything," she told Bliksem. The effects were meant to be more funny than harmful.

Laughing over the remark about the timeline, she said, "I'm going to alter history itself! I'll try not to engage in maniacal laughter, haven't had enough to drink for all that yet." She seemed very tempted, however.

Evelyn offered them generous amounts of candy and party favors, though she warned the two ladies not to use them unless they wanted a funny appearance or habit for the next several hours. "Hand them out to anyone who annoys you, or a stranger, or just an unsuspecting friend!" Wrapping the items up in a bag for the two of them if they did not already have one, they looked like neat, creepy little gifts, encased in black bags with a skull with crossed bones on them. At least they had a purple pretty ribbon tied up at the top to keep them inside. "Thief, pirate, there has to be some overlap there."

"Oooohhhh," the witch was further intrigued whenever she saw the feathers fluff up. "Such an interesting effect! You could make money at that, if you did it yourself!" She resisted the temptation to touch them, wanting to be as gracious of a hostess as possible.

"If you two are wanting to take a break and sober up a bit, I have a bit of sweet bread. I don't want to try and stop your shenanigans, but it's good to have a bit of a rest before the second wind."

Evelyn found it hard to follow Caeser, handing over his drink and blinking a few times with a blank look on her face as he described what had happened. A lot of it did not seem to make sense at all to her. "What time is hora . . hora whatsit?" she asked, scratching her head and mussing her hair a bit in the process, making some of it stick out at an odd angle.

She did pick up on the bit about putting coins on peoples eyes, she had heard that legend before. She took the entire pouch of gold rather than only keeping one coin, as she'd indicated before. "I'll keep it in mind, if I do come across the veil. I've always been told by the elders that the veil is thinner during All Hallow's Eve, makes it easier for the dead to slip through. But it makes it easier for the living, as well, it works both ways. And something about more darkness as the season changes ties into as well, my mother once told me. Some of it probably involves forces that mortals cannot understand," the young woman mused.

Midna visited everyone, wanting pets and scritches, meowing and sniffing at all the visitors.
Bliksem (played by Pirate)

Bliksem eagerly poured the drink into a small metal flask that already had alcohol in it."Oh the buttheads who put me up to this are in for a surprise, alright." The Ork smirked, suddenly looking and pointing at Yin."And you're going to get it too! Enjoy that video while you can, you won't have it for long!" He assured her, closing the little flask and sticking it back into his bunny costume.

The Ork listened to Caesar prattle on. Boy, this trick or treater must be a method actor or something. He didn't break out of his role once!

"Oh, dude! I love Asterix & Obelix! Especially the old series. Best Belgian comics out there, I swear. Some might say Tintin or Suske & Wiske are superior, but hell no. Comics about old Belgian tribes are about as patriotic as Belgians got." He said with a wide grin, which only validated the fact the Ork was a massive nerd.

He wasn't fast enough to catch the bag of gold as he was too busy stuffing his face with candy. Picking it up, he looked at it, raising a brow."Damn chummer, you're tossing this drek around as if it's nothing." He said, taking a bite in one of the coins with his tusk to validate whether this was real. Sadly the cashless society Bliksem lived in didn't exactly give him any skills in determining whether this was actual gold from simply biting in it.

"Yeah, no, I'm gonna pass. There's only so much embarrassment I'm willing to put myself through before I want to go jump into a nearby river. How about you do it? The lyrics aren't hard." He said with a smirk, tossing the bag back.
anon (played anonymously)

Caesar looked at Evelyn

"Hora prima is first light of the day, hora tertia is three hours passed sunrise" explained Caesar unsure how else to describe a basic timing concept

Caesar immediately paid attention at the Ork

"So how does Caesar defeat them both, Asterix and Obelix? What's their weakness? is Loki helping them?" Asked Caesar interested

Evelyn was unable to follow the conversation between the Ork and Caeser, looking back and forth between them as if it had all completely gone over her head. "Well, I can get you back to wherever you came from. Might have to dig out an old book or two, but it's possible."

She realized that Caeser was asking about a historical question, that he should know the answer to. Her brow quirked a bit, wondering if this character was quizzing the Ork and figuring that was the case. Getting a sudden idea and smiling, she said, "Be careful how you answer!" to Bliksem. "You could change history."
Accepting the party favours and candies, Seria took up both of the handouts, worried that Janine would actually forego the warnings and actually eat the candy despite the warning. With the tricks that the Black Crowns often pulled on one another, warnings like that -- especially from magically inclined individuals -- was never to be taken lightly. So, with that in mind, Seria had put them away in her own bag, giving a lopsided smile to Evelyn before thanking her.

"Thief, pirate, there has to be some overlap there."

"Eh, probably somewhere," Janine said, giving no actual real thought to it at this current time. Were she more sober, perhaps she would have discussed some differences she saw and perceived between both different types of individuals and their usual code of conduct.

For now, it seemed that the redhead had gotten distracted momentarily between everyone and the conversation happening between the elf and the ork that had been in the same vicinity as everyone else. There were also some other people that looked like they were out of ancient texts from the Old World, though Janine passed it off for now and simply enjoyed the banter while having taken a seat so that she did not bump and bumble into things.

"Oooohhhh! Such an interesting effect! You could make money at that, if you did it yourself!"

"Ah, you th-think so?" Seria replied, bringing a hand up to her feathers and touching at them for a moment. Once she realised what she was doing and thinking, she shook her head and brought her hand down with a slight chuckle. "Well... maybe. I'll think about it."

"If you two are wanting to take a break and sober up a bit, I have a bit of sweet bread. I don't want to try and stop your shenanigans, but it's good to have a bit of a rest before the second wind."

"Sweet bread? That sounds great!" Janine said, snapping out of her momentary drunken silence. "Besides, the night's still young. It'd actually be a shame to get smashed this early."

"Oh, so you're actually considering toning it down a notch? That's big news coming from you," Seria teased, pulling up a seat next to her companion.
Hui Shang (played by XinonHyena)

"Good to know, here's hoping he won't make some adjustments." Yin said in response to Evelyn's reassurances and drained her punch. Watching the little interaction between the Caesar guy and Bliksem made Yin's eye twinkle. "He's no fun isn't he Caesar?" The elf said. "But hey if you hand the bag of gold over to me, I'll let you see the song and dance again."

Bliksem snorted."Oh yes, what would our world be with Asterix & Obelix out of the picture. Little Idefix would be without an owner. Can't have that." He grinned, feeling pretty good about his references.

He sat down on the couch next to Caesar."Alright, here's what you do, Ceazy." He began."You get your hands on some of their magic potion, drink it yourself, and you straight up hulk up in their village. Now I know you know where the village is. Issue #74 has you discovering it and getting your booty kicked straight out. So finding it is no problem. What is a problem is getting past Obelix, since he's the one who's perma-strong. But it's very easy. Simply get your best chefs to prepare a bunch of boars. Make a trail with 'em and lead big boy Obelix far far away from the village, got it? Or do you need to write it down? I'm sure there's a pen around here." He snickered.

After another shot of alcohol, he got up."Alright, if you get back I want you to raise a statue in my honour once those dastardly Galeans are dealt with! Make it out to "Bliksem, handsomest Ork of the 6th world and beyond!"

Evelyn handed Janine and Seria some sweet bread and some tea or coffee to go with it, whichever they wanted, so they could regroup and then head back out into the night, refreshed and ready to carry on with more trick-or-treating, shenanigans or whatever they saw fit to get up to.

There were enough couches, stools and chairs for people to make themselves comfortable on. The witch smiled, observing the interactions of the varied characters that had shown up. Chiming in on the offer the elf made to do the song and dance for a bit of gold, she said, "I am sure that she would do a much better job of it," aiming to tease both her and the Ork. Observing the instructions the Ork had given to Caeser, she said in an aside to Yin, "I think some adjustments are being made."

Helping herself to some of her own punch with some gin in it whenever she made sure everyone else had food and drink and a place to sit, conjuring something up in a few instances as if from nowhere when no one happened to be looking, she ate some of the candy as well. Midna seemed to have no intention whatsoever to leave Caeser's lap by now.

Evelyn also took a bit of time to add some different ingredients to her potion now that she had set some of the Hiccuping Potion aside for people to take if they wanted, encouraging people to prank their friends with it. "Halloween is also a time of tricks, after all!" she reminded people. The potion took on a dark purple color, billowing some smoke in the shapes of ghosts or werewolves at times, along with the occasional ghostly howl or rattling of chains.
Durga had behaved well as of late and the team decided she should be rewarded tonight. She would go trick or treating provided someone went with her as a tard guard. Dmitri volunteered.

Dmitri's red skin and horn stumps made his choice of costume easy. He painted his partial cyber-arm red and after some careful shaving, became Hellboy. He made cat ears for Durga out of a coat hangar and aluminum foil and drew whiskers on her face with a marker.

They made their rounds stopping at every house that offered candy. Durga's damaged brain struggled to form the words "trick or treat" but every time she managed to make a noise that sounded like words, Dmitri would beam like a father whose child was learning to walk. Eventually the strain got to her and she stopped trying to speak.

They approached a more interesting house - one far more festive looking than the others. He knocked on the door. Durga crouched on the ground like a dog told to sit. She held out her Halloween bucket eagerly.

Evelyn had just finished off her drink and was about to get a refill whenever someone else appeared at the door. She grabbed up the candy bowl and greeted them with a smile, pouring several pieces of candy into Durga's bowl. "Love your costume, I have plenty of cats myself!" She seemed to be a cat collector, from the looks of all the cats that were lurking on her stairs, but none were as brave as the black cat that was making herself familiar with everyone. Finally observing how tall Dmitri was, her eyes got so big it seemed like they might fall out of her head. "Are you wearing stilts?" she asked him. The red skin and shaved down horns put her in mind of a demon but . . . surely not. "Or do you suffer for giganticism? I probably did not say that right, excuse me . . . . do you want some candy?" awkward moments were best remedied with candy.

"Do you want some punch? I have some Hiccuping Potion as well, you can prank your friends! Wears off after several hours, or after they get a good scare!" The potion could likely be seen in her kitchen from the door, giving off a bunch of fog and clouds that took on shapes of various monsters and ghosts. Her witches costume and the myriad of characters that had gathered here was probably a clue that she went a bit over the top whenever it came to Halloween.

Caesar casually tossed a small pouch of gold at Yin

"Very well... let's see the song and dance again" grinned Caesar. "If it pleases the emperor, it shall be done" announced decidedly

"As for you... my imperial advisor, I shall do exactly as you say, we have the best chefs in Rome catering for outrageously large festives and orgies. It shall be no trouble to entertain those gauls with food whilst we steal their sorcery. Will you return back to Rome with me? I could certainly use an adviser of your callibre" mused Caesar finding the plot and proposal most serious and plausible.

"It shall be written that Caesar conquered those barbarians with Bliksem advising in matters of war" praised Caesar well pleased with the plan so far.

"Now then... beautiful goddess... when shall you return me home?" asked Caesar looking at Evelyn.

"I have no trouble killing the living but messing with Hades and the dead those are... other circumstances..." muttered Caesar in a weary voice
Hui Shang (played by XinonHyena)

"Sweet!" Yin said as she snatched the bag of gold out of the air and pocketed it so fast one could be forgiven for thinking it just vanished into thin air. "Alright just a moment then." The elf said before she took her camera and flipped open the little screen on the side.

She made a few quick adjustments and then turned the camera to Caesar. He would see the scene from before, although from a different angle and a little shakey. Bliksem was dancing his little dance in his bunny costume and singing his little song:

"I'm a little bunny-boo
Let me do this dance for you.
If you like it give me a treat
chocolate, peanuts, candy sweet.
Sugar makes me hoppity hop
If I have none I may as well stop.~"

The image lingered a little after the song, picking up the sounds of the various reactions and then it just stopped. Yin was smirking widely. "Hope you enjoyed it chummer. My.. ehm... spell I guess." The woman chuckled to herself as she just got a bag of (possibly fake) gold for pressing a few buttons, easiest money she'd made all week.

"Marvelous!" nodded Caesar in approval

"Does this trinket of yours show anything from the past or just his dance?" asked Caesar eyeing out the camera most curious and eager.

Money to him it was no objection in the least, possibly the only thing he travelled with besides his weapons and clothes and he carried the three in abundance for all occasions and circumstances. He would likely encounter many dead and each required two coins after all.

The witch looked between Caeaar and the elf, almost as if she expected Caeser to be indignant over Yin's trick. She did approve of the trick, thinking it was an easy way to get some cash. Whenever Caeser just ended up laughing and being amazed by the video, she thought to herself, 'This dude is taking it to a whole new level. Or maybe he really is . . . . ' Just in case, she excused herself for a moment to go and get a spellbook. As she found the dusty thing on the shelf and brought it back downstairs, she thought to herself that she needed to start keeping this information in a more 21st century, electronic format.

"So . . . what is the year you need to go back to?" she asked Caesar.

Caesar took the book from the shelf that he had been eyeing from time to time, and put the finger directly on the year 51 a.C. "There... I want Vercingetórix at my feet where he belongs... I shall tackle Obelyx and Asterix and the druid and their potion and the whole of Europa shall be mine to rule" informed Caesar having been looking forward to bringing the Gauls captive to Rome, loaded in chains to prove his greater might before all his people.

He looked at Evelyn wondering if that was even possible but hopeful she would pull it off.

Damn, he was incredibly dedicated to his role of the most generous and trusting Caesar of history. Bliksem didn't know his history well, but he assumed he was probably playing the one who got stabbed by Brutus. Made sense with the way he trusted folks so easily. Whether this person was just a method actor or clinically insane, he sure did love messing with him.

That was until the video played again, causing the Ork to cover his face with his fluffy bunny ears in shame."Urrgh, it's even worse when you hear your own voice." The Ork grumbled as he laid back in the couch, seemingly wanting to melt in between the pillows and leave forever.

Evelyn started up her spell, having used up a few components and chanted some words in a strange language. The witch created what looked like a fire, it was green and purple, no heat radiated from it. “This will take you to the when you want to be, just state the place where you want to go! I wish you luck on you’re conquering!” It probably looked very odd, just making a gesture and muttering some words and creating a multi-colored fire on the floor in the middle of the living room. Then again, everyone and everything in here was a bit odd.

Looking at Bliksem, she giggled.
“Maybe someday you can look back on this incident and laugh. Especially when you give your friends their hiccup potions!” She believed in dishing out a mix of tricks and treats on Halloween.

Evelyn gave one final look to Caeser, “Are you sure about this?” If he was, she would mutter the final words and send him back.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Evelyn Heidrich

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus