Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Contest: Did You Know?

Kim Site Admin

The home page is a hub of handy tips for getting the most out of your RPR experience, but there's still plenty of things it could help with.

If you were going to add new Did You Know? hints, what would they be?

What do you wish you were told when you first joined?
What do you sometimes need reminders of?
What would make you feel good to read?
Your suggestions can be serious or humorous.

This is your chance to lend a helping hand to your fellow players, and potentially get free stuff in return. The best suggestions will win prizes in the form of epic memberships, character slots, and bookmarks. Plus, favorite hints will be added to the Did You Know library.

You may enter as many times as you want, but you can only win one prize.

You have until April 20th to post your suggestions. That's three whole weeks!
When did this "Launch Chat" button get added... Because I literally JUST noticed it and it's pretty awesome. That's a nice thing to remind people who are more interested in chat-based rp.

Also, I'm a failure XD
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

f0x1nth3b0x wrote:
When did this "Launch Chat" button get added... Because I literally JUST noticed it and it's pretty awesome. That's a nice thing to remind people who are more interested in chat-based rp.

Also, I'm a failure XD

I literally JUST announced it. ;)
Then I am not such a failure! Is it sad that I hadn't realized it wasn't there before? /head desk.

Well, there is that and I would put the dice rolling option on the Did You Know for all of those people who come to us with DnD characters. Also maybe a Did You Know We have cookies for new members?
I definitely agree with the dice thingy. And it needs to be explained 'cause I still kinda don't understand it :x

Did You Know that this thread is now diamonds?

Did You Know that reporting bugs gets you neat little trophy badges? (this inspires people to actually report a bug when they see it instead of ignoring it!)

For reference, here are the current did you know hints:
  • RP Repository is on twitter! You can learn more about what's being worked on right now by following @RPrepository.

• The majority of reported bugs are fixed the same day that they're reported. But they can't be fixed unless we know about them!

If you find something wrong, please help everyone out by reporting it.

• You can change your time zone by visiting your dashboard and choosing "Your Settings"

Setting your time zone means that you will see times on forum posts, guestbook comments, journal entries and all other times calculated with respect to your location.

• You can help get new features out. Visit the Suggestions and Development Discussion forum and look for posts labelled "Development Research" or check out the development log to vote for feature priority. Your feedback shapes what gets created.

• Taglines don't just appear in searches on the RP Repository. They're also very likely to appear as the page description when your character turns up in a google search!

• Want more control over how your text looks, or wondering why HTML hasn't been working on your character pages?

Learn more about BBcode, a safe and easy method of controlling how your text is formatted.

• You look really nice today. Are you doing something different with your hair?

• You can customize the links to your character profiles. No more messy numbers!

Just visit the character's settings and look under "Friendly URL" to personalize their link.

• You've still got that post-it note on your forehead. Maybe you should take it off and actually look at it?

• RP Repository is on facebook! (And then there's the little facebook widget that shows if any of your friends have "liked" us)

Celestina, what parts specifically of the dice roll would you like explained?
  • Hey, you might want to get the piece of paper taped to your back that says "Kick Me" off. You'll get kicked, you know.
  • Here at the RP Repository, we strive to find creative minds filled to the brim with imaginative roleplaying ideas and fantastic characters. Are you one of them? Come in and find out!
  • Make your push towards an Epic Account. Sure, you have to pay to get it, but the money will help to improve the RPR and make it the best roleplaying repository on the internet!
  • If you can see this, that means you must be logged in. It's the main symptom.

There's my ideas for some Did You Knows. Hope you like them!
Kim wrote:
Celestina, what parts specifically of the dice roll would you like explained?

Well I understand that you click the button, choose how many dice and how many sides, but...beyond that I'm clueless. :x

You fancy dicerollers are showing off and gettin' me all confused! xD
Fix'd Did You Knows;

Did you know this site is now diamonds?

Tired of waiting for posts on forum threads? RPR now has realtime chat so you can watch those forums like a hawk!

Did you know that staplers are the best noise-making instruments since the bell?
Did You Know..?

...Your health is low. Do you have any potions, or food?

...You can now copy this ಠ_ಠ and use it for your srs bsns.
Dragonfire Moderator

- Tired of taking your entire dice collection everywhere you go? RPR supports dice rolls on every forum post!

- That wizard over there looks like he needs food, badly.

- You can keep track of your RPR friends in the wilderness like an expert ranger - or just observe occasional things from a distance. Dashboard notification settings let you choose!
Did you know that members here are always looking for RP? So don't hesitate to send someone a message and ask to start a Roleplay!
Symptoms? Rp crazed? Eyes glued to minutes? Yep. You've been diagnosed with RPR addiction. Sorry. No cure for it. (Like you want a cure anyways...)
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Did you know RPR has a friendly team of moderators? If you get stuck, they'll be happy to help you.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Did you know there's a very active and friendly community on this site? Check out the forums and meet new people to roleplay with!
  • Just ignore the broody guy in the hood; you get used to him.
  • A friendly open community filled with all kinds of characters- also we roleplay.
  • Hey! Whats that? The sign up button. Use it.
  • Home sweet home.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Okay, another one but might require a bit of extra code to work.

Did you know we have X character profiles belonging to X registered members?

darth_angelus wrote:
Okay, another one but might require a bit of extra code to work.

Did you know we have X character profiles belonging to X registered members?

That wouldn't be a problem, those pieces of code are already written. :)
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Excellent :)

In that case, I'll see what other fancy messages I can come up with :)

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Contest: Did You Know?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus