Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Shrouded within Darkness

Tyval (played anonymously)

((*salutes* Dun worry, I won't leave. Tyval however... well... he might spend most of the time running away XP))
Dadj Avers (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

((It's okay, because Dadj will more than liking be giving him piercing looks that will frighten him enough to run away :P ))
Samantha Brooks (played by The_Ross)

(Looks like Sam's gonna have to get a few dozen more things on her dislikes list if she means to stay competitive with this newcomer. :P )
Mink (played by Minkja)

(It'd be nice to see someone else staying for the remainder of this..adventure xD)
Vadraaghain (played by GrandFinale) Topic Starter

((Well, a paladin. We needed one of those. And yeah, hopefully you'll stick around and see this through to the -hopefully- epic end.))

((Now we just need someone to post :P ))

(Wish: Granted.)

Sam somersaulted on to Mort's back and spurred him on with a kick. "Now? We ride! Hyah!" Mort responded by taking a few steps, then bending down to examine some insect scurrying about in the dirt.

Sam sighed, and her shoulders slumped. She turned back to address the others. "So, which way are we supposed to be going again?"

Out of nowhere, a blue circular gate appeared - clearly magical in nature. And then from that gate came a man, running. Said man was clad in a full plate armor of a pearly white - helm not included - and was wielding a mace and a shield, for an unknown reason.

A closer look would reveal that he was panting. He turned around, raised his shield to deflect a number of magic missiles that came from the portal, and closed it with a quick prayer.

The paladin then let out a sigh of relief, before looking around.

"Oh... I don't think this is the Business Tower..."

And then he noticed the party.

And then he screamed like a little girl.
Mink (played by Minkja)

Mink shifted silently back to her anthro form as Sam failed to take off on her steed. So dramatic.. she thought, chuckling to herself. Jumping a little at the sudden appearance of the portal and...man, she cast a critical look in his direction as he screamed. She raised her hand in a kind of wave, her attempt at a friendly greeting.
"Mm..hey! Where'd you come from?"

Dadj had pretty much fallen into his usual default: glaring daggers at everyone. He wondered how he had managed to group with an annoying "hero", a dragon-thing AND now what looked to be a paladin. These were a few of his most hated things, besides undead. He found a way to strap the spear to his back with the shreds of his jacket, leaving his chest bare. The scars of many past wounds traced over his muscled form to knit a light webbing or damaged tissue.

He sauntered back into the pack somewhere behind Mink. Although she was a dragon at times, he could deal with her in this form she wore now, and perhaps actually liked it. She was the most tolerable to him by far. Eying the new arrival, he thought that it would probably stay that way too.

HE stood intimidatingly, arms crosses, stance wide, chin held up, and addressed the newcomer as well. "Who are you?"

Mort swiveled around at the new sound - the distinctive noise of metal armor.

So... shiny...

He immediately trotted over to the stranger, heedless of any and all possible danger, to investigate this shiny man and his situation with regards to treats - specifically, the quantity and quality of any and all cookies, chews, biscuits, jerky strips, bones, and any other treats and treat-related paraphernalia in, on or about his person - as well as to determine the nature of any proclivities, tendencies, and/or dispositions he may have with regards to the timely and judicious dispensation of those same morsels.

Sam, still in the saddle, could only give a small wave and watch Mort commit his usual random acts of superb rudeness.

"Uh, hey. Sup?"

This character account is now 24/7 Mort the Dinosaur Comics.

((Mort the Dinosaur is awesome))

"I... I... my name is Tyval... the Angelic."

The paladin looked around him for possible escapes. He'd much rather not stay much longer around those strange people. New people are scary. You never know what they're up to.

When he looked again at the party, what he saw instead was a dinosaur, so close to his face he could see where one of his scales started and the other ended.

So Tyval, the Angel Without Wings, the Invincible Paladin, warrior of justice, faith and virtue, let out another high-pitched scream - he was extremely scared of big things - then fell on his back. What an undignified position for a paladin, crawling away from a dinosaur, and a friendly one at that!

"G-g-get it away from me!" He sounded as if he was begging for his life. Metal shield in hand, he still reached for his bag - his bag! - to use it as a shield against the big bloodthirsty monster.

Shiny man has a bag! Bags contain things. Things are usually treats. I will make a discovery of it.

Mort's head leaned in closer, sniffing at the bag. At Tyval's cry, Samantha leaped down from the saddle.

(Mort's about the size of the average horse - he's not a huge dinosaur or anything. I just realized I never gave any indication of scale, so thought I'd throw that out there, as it might become relevant at some point.)

"Uh, sorry about that, he's actually harmless. Sometimes I forget what kind of effect he can have on people." She turned to Mort, tugging gently on his reins. "Hey buddy, look at me. Right here, come on. Look, you're scaring a person." Mort finally turned his attention to Sam. "That's not nice. You don't want to make people sad, do you? Why don't we leave him alone?"

Mort looked back at Tyval. Then back at Sam. (Her face was now diamonds.) His eyes grew large and soulful, and his shoulders slumped ever so slightly. He lowered his head, then pushed it into her shoulder, hiding his face.

Sam started scratching the back of his head. "That's okay. You just startled him a little, it's not your fault. Who's my buddy? You're my buddy." She gave Tyval an apologetic glance over her shoulder.
Mink (played by Minkja)

The silliness was enough to cause the vampire to again forget why they were all here in the first place. She sauntered up to the paladin's side and gave him a big, sly grin. After making sure everyone had been reminded of the deadly fangs she so proudly sported, her face abruptly changed from "creepily friendly" to "scarily serious."
"Where'd you come from? What was all that?" She crossed her arms and folded her wings back, waiting patiently for an answer.

Tyval mustered the dignity he still had left and got up. He was safe... right? The dinosaur was that strange lizard woman's mount, it would be kept away form him... still, he didn't want to get anywhere near it, mainly bec-aaaaahhh! Some kind of unholy human/animal hybrid!

Hmm? Was she smil-AAAAAHHHHHH! Some kind of unholy human/animal vampire hybrid!

Terrified, he took a step back - by now, his mace was already on the ground somewhere, as he had dropped it when Mort 'greeted' him - and held up his shield defensively.

"I-I... erm, I... I think I gated t-to the wrong place... I'm s-sorry, I'll go away right now!" He said. "Please don't e-eat me!"

He watched the nonsense with a growing frown. This Tyval fellow was really not worth him time. He reached out for Mink and touched her elbow to get her attention. When she turned to look at him, his honey eyes were lit with a weird amber glow.

"We should be going ahead, this excuse for a man is wasting our time."
Mink (played by Minkja)

Unsatisfied with the response, Mink was about to ask for a better story- when the tall man captured her attention with his touch. She saw the glow of his eyes, How curious, and almost missed what he had said.
"You're absolutely right." Still, the paladin was fun to scare. Not bothering to look for the horse she rode in on, she spread her wings, ready to take off. So to speak. "I'm hungry."

Sam watched Dadj and Mink's exchange in silence, then bent down and offered Tyval a hand.

"Rise up, Knight."

The wingless angel gladly accepted Sam's help, and heartily thanked her with a shy smile. She was probably the only thing around that wasn't actively trying to freak him out. Not that that would be too hard.

As long as none of them was a wizard... as long as none of the was an effeminate wizard... He shuddered at the mere thought.

Once standing, and while keeping an eye on the Mink and Dadj, we went to pick up his mace. He muttered the words, "holy forge", and the weapon started emanating a strong white glow. There. That would hopefully be enough to drive back any evil aligned creatures he could find on his way. Once ready, he turned around to face that strange group once again.

"I will g-go now. D-darkness lurks in every corner, d-despite my best efforts..."

Paladins are supposed to stand against the tides of chaos..., he had said. Travel. Purge darkness wherever you find it, brave Tyval. Never forget, your faith lends you the strength and courage to face your fears.

Remembering these words made him stop stuttering for a moment.

"Farewell, traveling party. I hope you find what you seek."

"Hold."

Samantha unsheathed Soulforge and held it out to her side. The blade was glowing white again, giving it an appearance not unlike Tyval's mace. (In fact, it was reacting to the weapon).

"It seems we are on the same path. If you truly seek to cleanse the darkness in this place, you will need our help. And..." she sheathed her sword again.

"...We will need yours."

"Now, I don't know who you are, or where you come from, and I can't speak for these others. But, if you aid us, I promise I will do everything I can to help you return home. What say you?"

Now this is what that brochure was talking about! I've always wanted to do stuff like this. Oh crap, please let me not be saying this part out loud. ...Wait, this in italics? Okay, good. That was a close one. Better check to make sure he couldn't tell I was off in my own little internal monologue.

(Yes, Samantha is now the John Dorian of adventuring.)

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Shrouded within Darkness

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus