Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Shrouded within Darkness

Dadj Avers (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

((As someone who's been in this RP since the beginning, it would have no purpose with out Alphanus, who is GrandFinale's character. So we kind of have to wait for him.))
Samantha Brooks (played by The_Ross)

[ Welp, we're probably boned ]
Safiye (played by Kim)

((If there's a core group of you that's very active, you might want to elect a new GM and start your own thread with someone less likely to "stop feeling" it? Seems like there are still people in here that want to play, and I hate to see the desire to RP be wasted. ;) ))

Safiye wrote:
((If there's a core group of you that's very active, you might want to elect a new GM and start your own thread with someone less likely to "stop feeling" it? Seems like there are still people in here that want to play, and I hate to see the desire to RP be wasted. ;) ))

[ "So speaks the Admin of Terror, and so it is written." I vote for Minkja as GM, as f0x1nth3b0x already has a thread of his own going. I can start a thread if there are no others willing, but I have zero GMing experience so it'd probably be a disaster. ]
Erin Ash (played by hydromaniac)

(What's a GM?)

[ Game Master. Just means the person in charge of the RP. ]
Vadraaghain (played by GrandFinale) Topic Starter

((Thinking of ousting me, are you?))
Mink (played by Minkja)

(Haha...I also have zero experience as DM. :P)

[ Finale, you're... alive? Uh, I mean, great, you're alive! Welcome back, buddy! =P

Seriously though, I think the king needs to react to several new peoples in his hall or something ]

All of this was just about too much for one king to take in a single day. Luther began to feel light-headed.

"What the...WIZARDS, GET YOUR SCRAWNY ASSES IN HERE, NOW!!!"

Every single one of the wizards who picked out the bunch of heroes to fight Alphanus burst into the room.

"Sire, I am afraid that we never picked these two(and those accompanying them), we swear!!!"

The king's patience was growing extremely thin. His angered expression reflected this.

Samantha brandishes four still-warm light bulbs. They were obviously recently removed from their fixtures, probably stolen from this very castle.

"Look, you need Heroes. Heroes always come in groups of four - that's just how the universe works. Since you're sending us out to fight a dark god of some kind, obviously we must be Light Warriors. I have here our Orbs of destiny, which are still warm. Therefore, we are definitely the Heroes of Light you are searching for, as these are clearly mystical orbs, and there is no need for you or your wizards to examine them at all, in any detail whatsoever. After all, as Light Warriors, we are incapable of telling lies; only Light Warriors could possess such Orbs; and since we possess them, we must be telling the truth about being Light Warriors, which means these really are Orbs of Destiny, and certainly not anything ridiculous, such as, for example, light bulbs that I literally stole just moments ago. Q.E.D. Now, if you please, we will proceed to take whatever your town has to offer without paying anything, as you just gave us permission to moments ago."

To the others, she mutters under her breath, "Get moving. Now."
Erin Ash (played by hydromaniac)

Erin turned fully invisible and prepared to follow these strange people. Without being noticed, of course. Just stay with the group, stay invisible, and most importantly don't get spotted. That should be easy enough. She inched a bit closer, just in case they disappeared through a random portal. This is going to be exciting, she mused. First she needed to find out who this lizard girl was, as she was the most confident of the group, so Erin set about watching her.

The wizards had made an instantaneous magical analysis anyways, and knew those were just common household lightbulbs.

"Put your trinkets away, we know what they really are. Your Majesty, this is not what it appears. Those are just common lightbulbs."

Members of the Elite Guard, a cadre of magically-infused warriors, blocked off all exits. They pulled out their claymores inscribed with ancient runes and stood their ground. The King then made an announcement.

"Due to this shameless lying, to a king, no less, you are now denied passage out of this room. Try any tricks, and you will die here.

He made a gesture to the two he was talking to earlier.

"Dadj, Mink, you may leave, however."
Dadj Avers (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

Dadj's head spun with the loud newcomer and he tried to focus on the king's flow of guests, but he failed. Closing his eyes, he awaited his pardon and turned to Mink as soon as it was given.

"May we please go, this is giving me a headache." With that he made to hook his arm under hers and drag her toward the exit with him.

The guards opened the main door, and two of the wizards stepped forward and created a special magic barrier around the main door. It is special because it will only let selected people through. Dadj and Mink are the only ones who can pass through this.

"Go, now."
Mink (played by Minkja)

(My apologies! I have strep, and have been wallowing in agony since Saturday.)

Mink gave Dadj her arm, and allowed him to drag her out. She gave one last glance around the room, then faced the exit.

Five of the guards followed them out to prevent any attacks upon them. The rest closed in on the newcomers, ready for orders to attack.

Samantha sighed and placed the bulbs upon the ground. She also unbuckled her sheath, the sword still in it, and laid that upon the ground as well. She raised her hands, palms out, to shoulder height.

"Well, clearly all of that flamboyance was ill-advised. I suppose I'll need to pay for that window. Now, the truth: I am a professional adventurer, assigned to this region by the guild I serve about a month ago. This is the latest of several cities I've investigated that have been producing rumors and news of strange events and unexpected natural disasters. I offer my services free of charge, and don't actually require any supplies beyond those I prepared before coming here. I assume one or more of your wizards is capable of discerning lies, or reading minds directly; you needn't take my word for it. You'll find my identification in my back pocket. Should you choose to refuse my services, I will leave your city immediately and not return. After paying for the damages, of course."

Should any divination or telepathy be performed, it will reveal that she indeed is telling the truth, and is not intentionally omitting any details. She carries no weapons other than the sword at her feet.

The wizard who detected the bulbs explained how.

"Actually, it's easy to tell those were just ordinary lightbulbs. I didn't read your mind or detect lies, I just magically scanned the particular bulb you had."

The king dismissed the Elite Guard, and the barrier was lifted. The guards filed out of the door.

"Well, now that that scare is over, I deeply apologize for needlessly calling the guard upon you and your party."

"Well, I was referring to checking the veracity of my speech just now, not the one about the lightbulbs. Irrelevant now, I suppose. Oh, no apology necessary, I mean, could've just used the door like everybody else. And I'll still be paying for that window. Permission to retrieve my weapon? I won't be of much use to you without it."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Shrouded within Darkness

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus