Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Shrouded within Darkness

Dadj Avers (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

He was not put off by her words or by the fact that she just ignited herself in areas. "No, that does not answer me well at all, woman. You could be lying your fool tongue off." He took a long time to look into Erin's eyes. Malith was apparently forgotten by the Ranger for he spared it no attention. Erin's struggling against the blade did not dissuade him from holding it there.

"Paladin." He turned then, the blade relaxing just a hair, but not enough to free her. "Do you not have a spell with which to loosen her tongue? Or to speak her intent?"
Erin Ash (played by hydromaniac)

She growled, but was internally grateful that the blade had relaxed a bit. Her neck was hurting. "How can I prove it to you!? I don't want to seem like a spy to you!" Her gray eyes looked irritated and slightly worried. Dadj was irritating her beyond belief, but he had a good point. She could be a spy. He couldn't trust her that easily. Erin sighed in defeat, suddenly wishing her red hair hadn't been charred short. Blah.

Maybe the paladin would have more kindness. She looked toward him, panicked and completely aware of the short blade about to slice her neck open.
Samantha Brooks (played by The_Ross)

<Retcon that, thought Alphanus had name-dropped himself at some point.>

"Woah woah woah, let's everybody just calm down here! Don't do anything rash," Samantha said as she bounded over, sheathed her sword, and gently placed a hand on the flat of Dadj's.

"Might be a trap, but she might be telling the truth, and if that's the case, well, we need all the help we can get, after all," she explained. She took her hand off of Dadj's blade after sliding in between the two of them.

"No one's going to hurt you. Tyval, you're a paladin, right? Do you know any lie-detection spells?"

<EDIT: Holy crap, looks like I got ninja'd by no less than four posts. I really should refresh once in a while.>

Dadj smoothed his ruffled feathers, but did not sheath his blade. He did not even lower it much. If this new comer was indeed a threat he would go through Samantha to get at her. He waited for the paladin's response which was his idea so he was happy to go along with it.
Mink (played by Minkja)

(Ack, sorry. It seems things picked up..and sorry in advance for fail. xD)

Mink flinched (after almost falling over from Dadj's abrupt halt) as light suddenly shone from behind and stared, not completely surprised, at their exposed lurker. She looked to the angel next as he was called on by both the man and the lizard lady. Her attention, however, was finally stolen by the previously invisible girl's companion.

As Erin waited for the paladin's response as well, Malith's insanely cute face looked around shyly. His eyes caught Mink's looking at him, and the insanely cute eyes looked a bit curious as well. Malith crept out towards Mink, but only a few steps. Maybe that person had food.

'Meep.'
That was his way of speaking without mindspeaking. His nose sniffed for the smell of food but he didn't smell anything. ...Aw, man.
Tyval (played anonymously)

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! So many people looking at him! That was more than enough for the paladin to start panicking and getting all red and his palms sweating and not knowing what to do and OH PLEASE WILL SOMEBODY SAVE ME! He looked at Samantha for support, but it was clear that he himself had to say something really satisfactory, really fast. And of course, he failed miserably.

He shook his head. "I-I don't... I mean, I d-do have a spell that does t-that... well, it d-d-doesn't do exactly that but... but! B-but I believe her!" He said, as if he was confessing some kind of heinous crime. If she was a spy, why would a big bright arrow reveal her to the party?

What a gullible little angel he was.

"Mostly, to make us think she's not a spy, I would imagine. But yeah, you'd think a spy would be more useful while concealed." She backed up and turned to Dadj, spreading her hands. "Look, can we back off a little? Even if she's secretly a shadowdancer runethief soulstealer doomsassin sent by the elder grimterrors from beyond time and thought, what are you worried about? You're apparently invincible, it's the rest of us that need to watch our backs."

Dadj faught the urge to throttle the paladin who was apparently useless at his chosen class and stared at Sam. She had a point. And he hated the fact that he recognized it as a good one. He lowered his blade to waist height. His eyes narrowed.

"She may still be a spy; the fact that she's made herself known or more over than the demon has made her known can also play into his plan. The more we don't know, the more we should be suspicious." He glared around the area. The truth was he was still suspicious of this whole affair.

(I appologize for any mistakes; I wrote this on my phone xD)

"Thank you." Sam moved back a little more to be less in Erin's face and placed her hands on her hips. "Y'know, now that I think about it, who or whatever is behind this probably doesn't need physical spies to see everything we're up to anyway. You're right though, safety first." She turned to address Tyval. "What about that spell you mentioned? Can you tell us a little about it? Could be useful, now and down the road."

She lowered her head a little, looking like she was trying to remember something for a moment, then snapped her fingers. "Oh yeah!" She pointed at Erin's dragon. "Nice dragon."

<And thank goodness for that, I was starting to think we would be without an Adorable Animal Companion for the remainder of our adventure.>

<What? Never. Enter Gabby the Squirrel Minipaladin. Also, apologies for failness - not feeling so good. (EXCUSES BAH)>

Tyval, not the tiniest being more relaxed than before, saluted to Samantha. Yes, by merely not being scary for him in every single way like Dadj and Mink, the adventurer had just earned a faithful subordinate.

"Ray of Truth. Holy Attack spell group. A spell-slash-prayer that takes in consideration the target's intents. Should the target's intent be considered 'evil' by the caster's ideals, the target will suffer burns. Effect relative to the degree of 'evil' when compared to the caster's beliefs, and... And..."

Oh dear, I used to know this! He cleared his throat, nervous, before summarizing all the paladin training nonsense. "I-if someone wants to do stuff I would find evil, the spell would hurt that person... a lot. And sometimes blind that person."

As the angel spoke, a small gate, clearly magical in nature, opened by his feet. Unnoticed - by Tyval, at least - a small tin can walked out of it. But wait, that was no can! It had a tiny sword and shield... and a big fluffy tail?
Mink (played by Minkja)

(Sorry for the...kind of silence. x_x Can't think of much to post, sorry..)

Mink stared at the dragon, almost missing the sound it emitted. She listened as the others spoke, inching away a little and finally finding a place to sit. Her eyes rested on Erin, locked on the girl's face until wandering over to Tyval as he explained his spell.

(WHAT THE-- *explodes from the cuteness*)

Erin did not like being in the spotlight. She shifted uncomfortably and sighed. Then she noticed the...what in the world!? That thing had an adorableness to match Malith's!!
Erin didn't realize Samantha was speaking to her until she registered what the lizardgirl had said. "Um-oh, thanks." Malith was very bored and scared, so her walked over to the Squirrel-Armor-thing and stared at it with large eyes. "Meep."

Aha! A dragon, and a very reasonably-sized one!... well, for a squirrel at least. With the most flamboyant squeak imaginable, Gabby started waving his needle-like sword around, hopping around and showing the dragon just how deadly he could be... before he cautiously poked Malith with said sword - the dragon's reaction to the poke seemed to scare him, though, as he hurried to climb onto his owner's shoulder right after doing that, cautiously watching Malith from a place where he had the tactical advantage of height. And only then Tyval noticed Gabby was there.

Malith squeaked and flared his nostrils when he was poked by the little pin-thing. What the...!? Well, that squirrel didn't look very tasty, so maybe it would be friends with Malith. The dragon looked very curious as he looked at the little thing, resisting the urge to say anything.
Erin stared, contemplating whether to ask Tyval to heal her wounds, which were no longer fire-coated. They were going to fester if she didn't do anything and she had no energy to fire the injuries again.

Dadj was dumbfounded at what just took place. He enjoyed animals just as much as the next person; but this grated on his nerves. He stepped in front of the paladin, his swords at his sides. "Will you just do the spell already so we can move on?"

Scared by the ranger's tone, Tyval snapped to attention. "Y-y-yes!" With some luck, the angel would still have mana left to a simple spell... right? And without even bothering - or remembering - to ask Dadj to step out of the way, he chanted a short prayer. He directed the beam of light coming from the palm of his hands towards Erin... Yes, Dadj was still in the way, but the strange pure light went right through the both. If one of them were to start screaming in agony, that would mean Tyval had a valid chance to run away. Well, another one.

(What exactly does the spell do so Dadj can react accordingly? :) )

<Well, there are two things. First, alignment: Evils fry a little both inside and outside, Neutrals and Goods go all 'get that light offa my face'. Second, intent: if Dadj is planning to kick a kitten/otherwise do something a poor innocent woobie do-gooder would find 'evil', the effect's the same as if he was ebul.

Also, always feel free to DENY anything that happens in my posts if you feel like I'm not being a good RPer. :D

...I should really explain this spell in Tyvvie's profile better>

Dadj stared at the spot in which the light went through him with a rather comical expression. He couldn't describe the feeling blooming from his insides. Pain? Something warm ran through him right where the strange light had passed. He buckled against a wall as the pain shot through his veins and out his limbs. He was no longer able to cope with pain as he hadn't felt it in nearly a century and the light coursing through him caused him to cry out uncharacteristically. However, the reaction his had to the spell did not hurt him physically; there were no marks left on his person, inside or out. This curious case of torture left him huddled against the cave side, his chest heaving and his eyes ablaze. He rounded on the paladin, his swords had been forgotten while he was in the grip of agony and they clattered to the floor.

"What did you just do to me?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Shrouded within Darkness

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus