Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Essence of Blood (1x1)

Mena (played by kuroi_neko)

It was a night with a harvest moon, a rare sight. And the people of the town celebrated it just as that. There were bonfires, foods, drinks, and storytellers lining the whole of the main street. Laughter and cheering everywhere, as everyone just felt the need to celebrate, especially after the drought they had had.

A group of wealthier people stood together, talking amongst themselves. On occasion, they would throw glares at a yelling drunkard, or kids screaming and laughing too loudly for their tastes. And every now and then, they would glance up to a lone mansion on the hill.

"It's rather rude that not all of the noble bloods came to the celebration. Although there is not much to miss," said one woman. Her friend next to her replied quickly, "I heard that he has been bed ridden."

"I hardly believe that. He's been so distant from the community ever since he moved there. I don't think I've seen him more than five times, mostly in the evenings even." The woman scoffed, throwing her head to the side as if in disgust.

"I've never met him, but I've heard he's gorgeous, young, and very wealthy," said a younger woman, almost giggling at the thought of the person she was talking about.

A man spoke next, seeming to want to stop her remarks altogether. "Looks and money mean nothing if you don't have the presence to uphold them."

"You mean the demeanor to flaunt it about the less fortunate?" came a cool, smooth voice from nearby them. A young man stood their, having been listening in on their conversation. "If that's what it takes to fit in around here, then you can leave me out of it." He brushed his dark hair from his face, revealing his golden eyes as he looked at them. The fire seemed to intensify their color. The girl who had commented about his looks and wealth blushed slightly, both embarrassed and overwhelmed by his appearance. He sported a long white coat over a black dress shirt. His dress pants and shoes matching.

"Please, you don't need me to keep you from celebrating. I'm sure you will have plenty to talk about when I leave," he said, in a calm but purely sarcastic voice. And with that, he made his way into town.
Zalia (played by CelestinaGrey)

Zalia was not in that circle, oh no. But she was nearby, playing with the children. It might seem strange for a girl her age to play with the children, but she was shunned by most adults. She had no family and no money, and had a bit of an aversion to going out during bright days. They all thought she was some sort of hoodlum or something.

But yet the children adored her. When the rich people started talking about the mansion however, her attention was pulled away and she listened in. It wasn't too hard to hear them, given what she was. And when the man came she jumped slightly. She quickly scrambled to get farther from the circle so she wouldn't be caught eavesdropping, but that was right when he tried to walk away!

Wham!!

Zalia had just ran right into the most gossiped-about man in the whole area.
Mena (played by kuroi_neko) Topic Starter

Alezander was a little caught of guard by the sudden bump, and looked down to see a girl. He looked at her a moment, not having seen her around before, even when he was watching from his window in his mansion. He took a step back, as if to move out of her way.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to get in your way. I should be able to spot someone such as your self near me," he said, his voice like syrup. He brushed his hair back from his eyes again, curious as to who she was.

"I'm Alezander. May I have the honor of knowing your name?"

Zalia blushed bright red. "N-no, it was my fault, I'm sorry..." She stood up carefully. "My name is Zalia.." She dipped her head a little. "I'm sorry I ran into you." She felt nervous around him. He felt strange. But yet he would think the same thing of her, because of her half-blood. She wasn't like a normal human, but not enough for him to deem her a vampire. "It's nice to meet you, Alezander."

"Zalia," he repeated to himself, closing his eyes for a moment. "What a beautiful name." He looked down at her again, feeling something quite off about her. The presence she gave was strange, yet somewhat familiar. And then it struck him --

"I'm sure you enjoy the harvest moon more than anyone else in this town. The color it gives, feel it contributes to the night." He smirked, more to himself than anything. "It often gives certain people the heightened sense to feel the ... lifeforce, of others." There was a breeze, warmed by the bonfires around them. It blew his hair and his long jacket, making him seem more mysterious when he talked.

Zalia blushed when he complimented her. "O-oh, uh....thank you.." She blinked when he mentioned the moon, staring at him in confusion. He was odd, very odd. "Ah, well...I do like the night more than the day." She smiled sheepishly. "I don't think I understand what you mean, though. I'm sorry sir but I'm not sure what you're talking about." She didn't want her secret to be revealed so soon.

"Very well. We all have our secrets, and would like to keep them that way," he said, knowing full well that she wouldn't admit it, especially around all these people. Nearby, by a larger bonfire, a group of people began playing music, the fiddle being most obvious among the sounds.

"Well," Alezander said, glancing to the people, slowly beginning to dance. "Looks like I need a dancing partner. And since you are the only one to have said zero negative things about me, I think you will do just fine." He grabbed her hand firmly, but gently, and pulled her with ease toward the group of people dancing.

Zalia did not like the way he spoke of secrets. His words made her nervous and on edge, even more so than usual. She thought nothing of the music, but when he asked her to dance she blinked and stared at him. "O-oh, no, I-I'm not that good...I'll probably just step on your feet or something!" But yet she was pulled towards the crowd, her cheeks bright red.

She could tell what he was at the touch of his hand. Growing up in a town of vampires made her recognize one easily. However...this did nothing to ease her fear. If anything, it multiplied it. She couldn't very well deny him the dance when he was so adamant about it, so she just did her best not to step on his feet.

He gave a calm, warm smile at her, feeling how tense she was. Most likely about him. He was, after all, a complete stranger other than his name. But he watched the looks she was recieving from others around her, and guessed at her standing with them. All the more reason to try and give her a good night to remember.

He moved gracefully to the sounds of the instruments, leading her in the dance to help her a bit. By now, he knew the stares on her had moved to both of them, and grew in numbers. This would be the first time many of them had seen him in person, since he rarely ventured out from his house.

Zalia didn't like being stared at, and thanks to him it was happening more than usual. She kept her head down, ducked, not looking up at his face or around at the other people. Instead she stared at her feet, trying to keep up with him and make sure she didn't step on his toes. She wasn't as graceful as he was.

In fact, Zalia had a habit of somehow getting into trouble and being quite clumsy, not matter how hard she tried otherwise. She focused on the dance, taking step by step. She looked glanced at him, but then soon looked back down. She just hoped the song would be over soon.

As they continued to dance, Alezander began to feel just how uncomfortable she was. He felt a little guilty, pulling her into the spotlight like this. And it wasn't long after that, that the song ended, and he let go of her hands. He bowed before her, showing her respect for putting up with him and the dance.

"Thank you, for dancing with me. I will leave you to your previous business." He bowed again, turning from her.

Zalia gave a mental sigh of relief when the song ended. But of course when he turned away, she had that familiar feeling. The one she'd always had with her father and any other vampire. The one that drew half of herself to their full blood. Another vampire, one that would understand. But no, she had to remind herself that he wouldn't understand. He was a vampire. She, only half of one, with a little extra awful thrown in. "Y-you're welcome.." she said quietly. She let him go, no matter how much her vampire side wanted to start up a conversation with him.

Of course, as she stepped away a few of the women swarmed her. At first their intentions seemed to be pure curiosity. But then insults spilled from their polished lips, saying how Alezander was far too refined and well-off to be dancing with such a ruffian young girl. Zalia stared at the ground while they circled her, verbal abuse spewing forth against her in tones just quiet enough to keep up their innocent lady-like appearances. Zalia just stood there and took it, until one woman finally got irritated enough to slap her. Zalia tried to shrink away but had no room, so she stood still. Looking like a kitten cornered by street dogs.

Alezander had heard the women as he walked away, his heightened hearing kicking in. He had already begun to make his way back to defend the poor girl when he saw the slap. It was a quick movement, almost unseen as he appeared by the woman who had struck Zalia, grabbing her arm firmly, but not hurting her.

"Very unlady like. She is more worthy of my time than you will ever be. Any of you!" his voice was harsh, but still held a hint of nobility. His eyes were narrowed in anger as he looked to the women, each on of them. "If anyone even mutters one negative comment about her, you will pay."

He quickly released the woman's arm, and turned to Zalia, grabbing her arm gently and pulling her away from the group, moving toward the darker parts of the village. No one dared followed, shocked by what had just happened. Once a safe distance away, he turned to Zalia, moving his hand to the place where she had been slapped, touching it gently. "Are you okay? I'm sorry that I didn't stop it sooner."

Zalia's cheek stung, but she had been ready to stay quiet until Alezander came. She, along with all the other girls, stared in amazement and surprise as he reacted so vehementely. The woman stuttered an apology and the others nodded mutely to his threat, astonished. What was so special about that girl that she got the mysterious man's attention?

Zalia stared in surprise when she was grabbed and pulled away, her body tensing up. She followed, only because she felt that resisting would end in more pain. She stood there and looked down at the ground even as he touched her cheek. "It's okay..." she murmured quietly. "I'm used to it."

He pulled his hand away from her slowly, and frowned. "You shouldn't just take abuse like that. Especially someone special like you." He moved his hair from his face, his golden eyes moving back to the crowds of people by the fires. He felt sorry for the girl, able to tell that she had gone through this most of her life. He looked back down to Zalia. "Are you from here originally?"

Zalia stayed still, her eyes not leaving the ground. "I'm not special." she said bluntly. Something she completely believed. She listened to his question and shook her head, finally looking up at him. "No. I'm not." She looked at the people as well, and then looked away. "I'm sorry I caused you trouble."

Yes, she was going to apologize for the fact that he had to step in and save her.

He blinked in surprise, looking down at her and not knowing what to say to her comment. He let out a sigh, rubbing the back of his head. She was difficult, having a mind set like that. "We can stand here, apologizing to each other all night, but it wouldn't do us any good. What's done is done, we just need to learn from it. Like not taking abuse, and not pulling random strangers into everyone's attention."

He was, of course, talking about both of their mistakes. "Listen, do you need a place to stay? Bathe? Some place to eat? I have more than enough room on my estate, and you can stay only as long as you need. I wouldn't want to set you out into the world like this."

Zalia looked away. "It only gets worse if you try to fight back." she murmured quietly, in response to his words of not taking abuse. She knew she was right on this one, at least that had been the case with her father. The scars that dotted her body, hidden beneath her clothes, were proof of that.

When he offered her a place to stay she stared at him wide-eyed for a moment. "I-I can't do that, I-I hardly even know you..." She wasn't about to go stay in a stranger's house with him all alone. She knew what he was and that only made her more untrusting. However, her body rejected her denial and her stomach gurgled loudly.

Zalia's cheeks turned bright red in embarrassment and she wrapped her arms around her stomach as if she were trying to muffle the sound.

He smiled, understanding why she wouldn't want to go. "It was just an offer, and I don't blame you. But if you change your mind," he said, hearing her stomache, "just let me know. But, I really must be heading home. I, too, am hungry, and wouldn't want to -- upset the people of this fine town." He gave a quick bow to her, then turned quickly, his coat whirling around him.

Zalia really wanted to say no, but her body wanted to say yes. She followed him as he started walking. "I-I guess I'll come...for a little bit..." She cleared her throat a bit and walked along with him quietly. She was much better off with him than being around those humans. Alone, without a home and without any money for food.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Essence of Blood (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus